Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: You Fickle Fan! - Ya You!

In the end, this thread is just another Pep thread.

**sigh**

bfld is offline Rookie

Don't preach about owing DC loyalty. That's a two-way street, and the only loyalty he has shown lately is to his bank account.

I agree with the comment that words are cheap. A statement by DC that he is a Viking doesn't necessarily mean much. But actions would be different. Get up here and work with the new coaching staff or do something else tangible to squash these rumors.

Prophet Guest

"singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    ...SIA hasn't referred to that article on DC & Childress speaking yet Prophet.

I just posted it aboult 1/2 hour ago & you're the first one to see it.. :wink:
    lol, I was just assuming it was SIA, should have known better. The Master of the Media had it on the site within minutes of being written. lmao, good work singer!

How much do you want to bet a new thread gets started with that article in it? :wink:

I posted the link here & in the "Daunte Moving On" thread.

My guess is one will be started within the next two hours. :lol:
    Yeah, good thing Ultra keeps up with that. If it's an article I come to the site with the assumption that it's already posted if it's more than about 2 minutes old. Just a matter of looking in a few threads to see if it is.

Maybe you should have this link included in your signature:

http://www.linuxbench.org/Posting.html

Prophet Guest

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    In the end, this thread is just another Pep thread.

**sigh**
    Not necessarily true.

The source of the majority of the whining going on has to do with the QB situation so the thread will naturally make that turn.

The bottom-line is that the only 'factual' evidence we have seen since Childress took the helm regarding the QB situation is summed up in a few bullets:

+ Childress believes in Daunte (acceptance speech)
    + Childress and Daunte have been speaking weekly (today's article)
    + Brad Johnson would like to start (many articles)

Most of the rest is bullshit and full of opinion until we hear otherwise from a reputable source. The media wants to sell their wares so they toss in some controversy and the masses go wild.

Del Rio Guest

Cry more

\_/ <------ The care cup is empty

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

What else is there to do besides complaining? :duh:
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

If someone doesn't like Culpepper, that doesn't make them any less of a viking fan.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Lesson here: Get Pep a STUD RB who can move the chains so that he can run the offense without getting blitzed every other play!!!

Right on the money. The answer isn't to get rid of Dante. The answer is to give him the supporting cast he needs to excel. I also think the O Line needs to 1) get Birk Back and 2) offer a little protection. With a decent O Line and a stud RB, Dante will be able to pick apart defenses with his accuracy.

If someone doesn't like Culpepper, that doesn't make them any less of a viking fan.

No, and that isn't what this thread is saying. Snowinapril pointed that out a couple of times earlier in the thread. But some people go through life simple changing their target of critisism (Bennett, Tice, Moss, Culpepper, Linehan...). They are just looking for a scapegoat to blame, instead of realizing that the problems may be a little more wide spread than just one person. If Dante was the reason for all our failure last season, why couldn't we win the only two games that really mattered with BJ at the helm?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    ...SIA hasn't referred to that article on DC & Childress speaking yet Prophet.

I just posted it aboult 1/2 hour ago & you're the first one to see it.. :wink:
    lol, I was just assuming it was SIA, should have known better. The Master of the Media had it on the site within minutes of being written. lmao, good work singer!
    I had to get some sleep.

Thanks for finding that article.

It is exactly what I wanted to hear. I kind of expected that that was the case that DC and the Coach were talking.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:

No, and that isn't what this thread is saying. Snowinapril pointed that out a couple of times earlier in the thread. But some people go through life simple changing their target of critisism (Bennett, Tice, Moss, Culpepper, Linehan...). They are just looking for a scapegoat to blame, instead of realizing that the problems may be a little more wide spread than just one person. If Dante was the reason for all our failure last season, why couldn't we win the only two games that really mattered with BJ at the helm?
    Out of the list of guys there that people have taken their shots at, Tice was the only one that got me going. I supported all the rest.

Yes, I really wasn't trying to question a fan's level of Fandom.

I actually can respect an argument against DC, I am just not going to jump on that bandwagon.

And as far as Ultra's comment, that is just where this thread headed. DC is a hot topic. I am just glad that it didn't turn into the argument about you have no right telling me I am not a fan thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234