Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: You Fickle Fan! - Ya You!

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    If Matt Hasselbeck can run it, Pep can.

    Here is a little article that I found on the WCO that is interesting.

    And before you try to say that DC can't make reads, he needs to be taught the WCO before he can be accused of not making the proper reads. It is a different system than what he is use to.

    http://kffl.com/article.php/1790/204


    Not pertaining to the WCO:
    Tarkenton
    Marino
    Elway (b4 the 2 SB win) 3 suberbowl attempts and loss them all 39-20, 42-10 and 55-10.

    All three were good QBs, but only one of them was on a TEAM that had enough to win the big one. Tark and Marino, wouldn't trade them from my team anyday. Even if Elway wouldn't have one the big one, I don't think anyone would have given up the opp for those memories as a Bronco. In the end, it wasn't elway that won those SB games, it was the team. He was on the best team that season. Unfortunately, Tark and Marino weren't on a best team of the season.

    .....................G |...Comp...Att...PCT.....YD...Y/A..TD.INT |....Att...Yards...TD..Rushing
    Tark TOTAL | 246 | 3686 6467 57.0 47003 7.3 342 266 | 675 3674 32
    DC TOTAL | 81 | 1679 2609 64.4 20168 7.7 135 86 | 453 2471 29

    Statistically, DC is more than a third of his way there in everything. Unfortunately that goes for INTs also. 10 TDs from being a third of the way. Yet Fran is the man and Pep is the putz.
    The difference was that Elway had Terrell Davis (a big back that could move the chains on the ground)...Tark and Marino didn't have that and consequently they lost!

    Lesson here: Get Pep a STUD RB who can move the chains so that he can run the offense without getting blitzed every other play!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #22
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: You Fickle Fan! - Ya You!

    "olson_10" wrote:
    so your whole point is that only you are entitiled to your opinion because you feel that it is superior to everyone elses..alrite then..DC should be traded in the event that we get a pro bowl player that fills a need as well as a 1st round pick..
    No, if I felt that way you would have to call me Cajun (sorry had to take a jab, the best are alway taking the shots of others ie DUKE!) I think that my post will serve it's purpose and hopefully elicit more response like yours that are actually meaningful and contain some real emotion. In comparison to the articles that start conversation based on what some numbskull at the trib had to say to incite a riot at PPO. Like I said, the Pied Piper.

    "olson_10" wrote:
    the stadium war was going our way until the boat incident and the constant hate from the star tribune, altogether meaning that right now it is not looking good for us getting a new stadium..
    Can anyone back me up on this, NO, I don't think it was going our way. It just didn't have as much opposition. That to me was and has been a stalemate situation all along. The Gophers and the Twins are and have been the only ones that are close to a deal and even they are on the fence.

    "olson_10" wrote:
    yes i will hate whoever the next QB of the vikings is every single time he makes a culpepper-like stupid decision..i will constantly complain about our offensive line taking stupid penalties..i will hate napolean harris because he cant tackle..i will complain about EJ Henderson getting burnt by the worlds slowest TE's across the middle of the field 2 or 3 times a game..i will point out 3 bad plays that brian williams makes to match every 1 decent one he makes..i will whine about our DE's (minus johnstone) never getting pressure on the QB when we send a 4 man rush..Fred Smoot and B Will are nothing more than 3rd stringers on any NFL team, and neither him or williams are worth the money they will be getting paid next year..do i need a logical solution for all of those? NO, thats Brad Childress and Zygi Wilf's job..
    Just so long as people are also willing to compliment :smile: them when they do well and if the situation warrants, eat a little crow. :sad:

    Sounds like you trust Wilf and Childress. :grin:

    "olson_10" wrote:
    and why do we owe culpepper loyalty? the guys teases us all by playing as well as Peyton Manning in the preseason, then goes out and disgraces the franchise on and off the field..maybe DC is the one who needs a lesson in loyalty..Zygi Wilf has treated him like god through his entire rehab process and everything else since Zygi bought the team..DC has been babied with the Vikings, and has not won us slick willy all in exchange..the guy needs to earn that treatment and shut his mouth and just play football..this whole deal about DC wanting a raise proves that he has been a selfish donkey butt his entire time here, but he just kept everybody in the media from hearing about it
    This doesn't make sense to me. You say you trust Childress and Wilf. THey have stuck their neck on the line for DC, but you want to give DC the business. The guy give us a great year and for what ever reason the guy stumbles and you want to dismiss him like he didn't take us to the playoffs the year before on a badly coached football team that frankly wasn't much of a TEAM. As far as loyalty goes, Tice and Red weren't setting a good example and I wouldn't blame DC if he was a little skeptical about his job going into this season. IMO, Tice has never given DC a good example of loyalty to guy that are injured. On Tices team, those guys were ridiculed and also not guaranteed a starting job coming back from an injury. The once unwritten rule (which has been rewritten many times on many football team in the last 10 years) of a player doesn't lose his job to an injury was never practiced by Tice.

    But with that being said, my last paragraph is purely speculation and is only as it appeared to me(IMO).

    I don't care if DC has to compete for his job, I am confident that he can win it back. I just hope that DC is confident enough to do so and has the cahonies to take the challenge. I don't care if people wish that BJ starts the season. But I do care when people say they want him gone. The boat incident is in the past and as far as DC's part, it was a misdemeanor. There are probably a 1/4 of the peeps on the board that have had atleast one of those(not guilty). And I bet over half of the peeps over eighteen have felt up a stripper(guilty).........as PNH said in Harold and Kumar..... "forget about burgers, I am talking about furburgers....... Laaappp.....Daannnccee......"

  3. #23
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: You Fickle Fan! - Ya You!

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    The difference was that Elway had Terrell Davis (a big back that could move the chains on the ground)...Tark and Marino didn't have that and consequently they lost!

    Lesson here: Get Pep a STUD RB who can move the chains so that he can run the offense without getting blitzed every other play!!!
    [size=18px]YES[/size], now we are talking!

    Thanks for pointing that out Cage!!

  4. #24
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,458

    Re: You Fickle Fan! - Ya You!

    Lets see. Wilf says that Pep is our QB for next year and he is going to pay him 6 million in contract money in March, and makes his plane available to Pep for travel. Childress says that a QB should not lose his starting job to injury and that Pep and McNabb were neck and neck in talent. The fans for the most part all wished Pep a speedy recovery from his injury and were supportive of him.

    On the other hand. Pep disappears to Florida for rehab. He gets charged with the boat crap. He doesn't say boo about our new coach. He doesn't meet with the coach. He doesn't say anything to his fan base about being a Viking. All we hear is his agent saying he wants more money with the inference that if he doesn't get it maybe he would rather play somewhere else.

    Now tell me snowinapril, who is the fickle one here? :???:
    All Pep has to do is do an interview with some sports guy and talk about looking forward to next year and playing for the new coach and how his knee is coming along. Maybe a comment or two about how much better we will be etc and all this stuff goes away. That's what a team leader would do. Why isn't he doing it?? It' not the fans or the organization that is being fickle here. :wink:

    WWBGD

  5. #25
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: You Fickle Fan! - Ya You!

    "RK." wrote:
    Now tell me snowinapril, who is the fickle one here? :???:
    All Pep has to do is do an interview with some sports guy and talk about looking forward to next year and playing for the new coach and how his knee is coming along. Maybe a comment or two about how much better we will be etc and all this stuff goes away. That's what a team leader would do. Why isn't he doing it?? It' not the fans or the organization that is being fickle here. :wink:
    Every man has his own limits.

    Pep is his own man and I will respect that. He is doing this his way and up to this point, he hasn't hurt MY feeling. He has left ME in the dark but I am a fan and he doesn't owe me an explaination. It would be nice for ME to here one from him but that isn't going to happen for awhile apparently.

    As far as talking, IT IS CHEAP. We found that out the hard way when this season started. We all heard the hype. I think tha Pep is just being gaurded about it. But, I haven't heard many of the other players talking either. It is the offseason and anything can happen. Pep knows this, he could come out and say all that Randy said last year and it wouldn't mean crap if he gets traded and it wasn't his doing. He would just look like an idiot. All he can do is let the ORGanization know how he feels, sit back and wait for it to unfold.

    Randy talking last year didn't help him in his old fan base at all. When he was traded, he was soon forgotten by most.

  6. #26
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: You Fickle Fan! - Ya You!

    "RK." wrote:
    ......On the other hand. Pep disappears to Florida for rehab. He gets charged with the boat crap. He doesn't say boo about our new coach. He doesn't meet with the coach. He doesn't say anything to his fan base about being a Viking. All we hear is his agent saying he wants more money with the inference that if he doesn't get it maybe he would rather play somewhere else.

    Now tell me snowinapril, who is the fickle one here? :???:
    All Pep has to do is do an interview with some sports guy and talk about looking forward to next year and playing for the new coach and how his knee is coming along. Maybe a comment or two about how much better we will be etc and all this stuff goes away. That's what a team leader would do. Why isn't he doing it?? It' not the fans or the organization that is being fickle here. :wink:

    "New Vikings coach Brad Childress said Wednesday that he and Culpepper talk on a weekly basis.

    "You classify rumors as just that, rumors," Childress said Wednesday on "The Drive on Fox" with Chris Myers and Bryan Cox. "There's nobody that knows what Daunte and I talk about except Daunte and I, and I'd like to keep it that way."


    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=303609#3036 09

    Does this answer some of your questions?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #27
    Prophet Guest

    Re: You Fickle Fan! - Ya You!

    "singersp" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    ......On the other hand. Pep disappears to Florida for rehab. He gets charged with the boat crap. He doesn't say boo about our new coach. He doesn't meet with the coach. He doesn't say anything to his fan base about being a Viking. All we hear is his agent saying he wants more money with the inference that if he doesn't get it maybe he would rather play somewhere else.

    Now tell me snowinapril, who is the fickle one here? :???:
    All Pep has to do is do an interview with some sports guy and talk about looking forward to next year and playing for the new coach and how his knee is coming along. Maybe a comment or two about how much better we will be etc and all this stuff goes away. That's what a team leader would do. Why isn't he doing it?? It' not the fans or the organization that is being fickle here. :wink:

    "New Vikings coach Brad Childress said Wednesday that he and Culpepper talk on a weekly basis.

    "You classify rumors as just that, rumors," Childress said Wednesday on "The Drive on Fox" with Chris Myers and Bryan Cox. "There's nobody that knows what Daunte and I talk about except Daunte and I, and I'd like to keep it that way."


    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=303609#3036 09

    Does this answer some of your questions?
    I agree with RK. I have been a Daunte supporter since he joined the club. This offseason has made it tough....no, it doesn't have to do with the media, I always read those articles with a lot of skepticism because most are poorly written and laden with opinion. The article that SIA referred to above (from today) is the first that I have seen regarding any information regarding the communications between Daunte and Childress from one of the two sources (with the exception of during Childress' acception speech).

    Reality is that the fans are a huge source of income for the teams and we provide revenue for the team. The golden rule, 'treat others like you want to be treated' comes into play here. Simple as that. Give the fans a biscuit and they will be happy. Anyone that has managed a business knows that most employees don't know, or care, about all the behind-the-scenes workings of the business. But when there is something that will directly effect them they like to hear a few tidbits of information.

    Today they threw us a biscuit. That is all we wanted. Maybe they will give us something to wash it down with in the near future.


    ==============================


    Added later.

    I also agree with your point SIA. There is a group of fans that appear to change their opinions with every piece of garbage the media tosses into the pit. The power of the media has always amazed me and surprised me.

  8. #28
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: You Fickle Fan! - Ya You!

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    ["New Vikings coach Brad Childress said Wednesday that he and Culpepper talk on a weekly basis.

    "You classify rumors as just that, rumors," Childress said Wednesday on "The Drive on Fox" with Chris Myers and Bryan Cox. "There's nobody that knows what Daunte and I talk about except Daunte and I, and I'd like to keep it that way."


    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=303609#3036 09

    Does this answer some of your questions?
    I agree with RK. I have been a Daunte supporter since he joined the club. This offseason has made it tough....no, it doesn't have to do with the media, I always read those articles with a lot of skepticism because most are poorly written and laden with opinion. The article that SIA referred to above (from today) is the first that I have seen regarding any information regarding the communications between Daunte and Childress from one of the two sources (with the exception of during Childress' acception speech).

    Reality is that the fans are a huge source of income for the teams and we provide revenue for the team. The golden rule, 'treat others like you want to be treated' comes into play here. Simple as that. Give the fans a biscuit and they will be happy. Anyone that has managed a business knows that most employees don't know, or care, about all the behind-the-scenes workings of the business. But when there is something that will directly effect them they like to hear a few tidbits of information.

    Today they threw us a biscuit. That is all we wanted. Maybe they will give us something to wash it down with in the near future.
    SIA hasn't referred to that article on DC & Childress speaking yet Prophet.

    I just posted it aboult 1/2 hour ago & you're the first one to see it.. :wink:

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #29
    Prophet Guest

    Re: You Fickle Fan! - Ya You!

    "singersp" wrote:
    ...SIA hasn't referred to that article on DC & Childress speaking yet Prophet.

    I just posted it aboult 1/2 hour ago & you're the first one to see it.. :wink:
    lol, I was just assuming it was SIA, should have known better. The Master of the Media had it on the site within minutes of being written. lmao, good work singer!

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: You Fickle Fan! - Ya You!

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    ...SIA hasn't referred to that article on DC & Childress speaking yet Prophet.

    I just posted it aboult 1/2 hour ago & you're the first one to see it.. :wink:
    lol, I was just assuming it was SIA, should have known better. The Master of the Media had it on the site within minutes of being written. lmao, good work singer!


    How much do you want to bet a new thread gets started with that article in it? :wink:

    I posted the link here & in the "Daunte Moving On" thread.

    My guess is one will be started within the next two hours. :lol:

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate
    By XTAP59 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 07:50 AM
  2. Fickle Fans????
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-22-2006, 12:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •