Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Re: You Fickle Fan! - Ya You!

For those who have lost the faith..

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    The only thing worse than whining about the vikings is the sanctimonious whining about other fans whining about the vikings and then calling them non-fans.

If you want to sit around talking about how great we will be and how we will go 16-0 and win the superbowl go ahead, that seems to happen every offseason (especially after the draft). Unfortunately that kind of talk gets boring and is nothing but a bunch of fans patting each other on the back.

There is nothing wrong with discussing issues pertaining to the Vikings and expressing an opinion on it. There is nothing wrong with people entertaining the thought of a Culpepper trade. It is obviously very relevant now and the situation is upon us. People here are Vikings fans first and Culpepper fans second (or later). We want to see what is best for our franchise, and often that includes cutting loose threads.

Our "solutions" are merely conjecture and supposition. They will not happen because we suggest it. That being said, I am all for people actually backing up their arguments rather than just "Culpepper sucks" or "Brad Johnson is God".
    I have no problem talking about it, never questioned that.

I just can't believe that there are so many fans that want DC gone. It is unbelievable. One bad 1/2 season and a few bad publicity articles, a potentially career threatening injury and we are all ready to sell DC as fodder in the hope that we will get something in return. There is so much fear of loss and not enough of taking a chance on the guy getting better and leading us somewhere. I just think it is a shame.

I am not one to play the lottery. I am not willing to give up on DC just to go out their in the hopes of finding something better. DC is a good QB and I would rather have him the QB and give us some decent years and some memories.

The one thing that I have always admired about the Steelers is that they are a stable organization. Kind of like a really good home for a child to grow up in, one that a person can be murtured in. Red's home wasn't anything like that. I am not willing to give up on DC. He has loads of talent. To use McNabb as an example, if I was an Eagle fan, I wouldn't give up any of those 4 NFC championship seasons. They may not have won it big, but they played great. I wouldn't trade McNabb or wish him gone just because he hasn't won the big game.

Here we just added a "great exciting new" coach that everyone has such high hopes for and what do we want to do, throw away a player with lots of potential that hasn't been properly COACHED the last 4 years. Childress comes from a long line of QB lineage Coahing and no one thinks that he can coach PEP.

Have a little faith you fickle fan? BTW, I am not questioning if someone is a fan or not, If that is how you interpreted it, maybe it is time that you reevaluate then. That is a question that you might want to answer for yourselves.

Drew Bledsoe or JP Lossssman
    Gannon or Salisbery
    Marino or Fiedler
    C.Miller or Favre(1992 - 0 for 5, and no tds and 2 Ints.) ooopps bad example.
    Johnson or Hill

If we get rid of DC, we are left with Johnson and Hill and like a receiverless pass, that is a life I would not like to know.

At the beginning of last year, the majority of people would have and did say that they hoped to G*d that Johnson didn't have to go in this season and that he should only be used as a back up. Now that we have seen him paly for 7 games, he is our saviour and is going to lead us somewhere better than where DC would take us. For those of you that think this, you should really try to erase this past season from your memory bank, put it in the recycle bin and or format the disk.

Gruden the Genious had Brad as the 3rd stringer the last year that Brad played for the Bucks. That might suggest that there are atleast 2 other QBs that are better than Brad. Heck it might suggest that there are 2 other QBs better than Brad at the WCO.

DC can run the WCO, he just needs to be coached at it.

There are plenty of other things to be concerned about other than DC.

Watch out, the LEMMINGS are heading towards the cliff!!!!

If only it was that easy!!!!!!!

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    keep preach'n brotha
    I just wrote a sermon.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Snow, its just more threads about canning people...we get those all the time. Just because its DC this time instead of Bennett, does it matter? Your list of what people gave up on CPep for looks really close to Bennett's list...and he could do no right this year. Hmmm, vague last sentence, would apply to Bennett or CPep, actually.

Linehan had thread after thread after thread calling for his head, before he gave red the finger and bailed to Miami....this year, there were a bunch of threads about how people wanted him for head coach. Its just not going to change.

Just because it is CPep this time, doesn't really change anything. You would have really loved the threads that pissed me off enough finally to sign up for the site so I could post.....It seemed half the site wanted Ferotte to start, because he was so good and CPep sucked, LOL.

Also, the very first press conference our brand spank'n new coach had, he goes on for 5 minutes about how DC and McNabb had very impressive and very similar workouts when they were coming into the league.

Basically DC is a fine QB. I mean we are not going to kick McNabb off a team for eating cracker on the field. So basically all of the people that want DC gone are saying they don't trust the coaches evaluation.

Or is it that we don't trust DC and we are still hurting from last years loss of Moss. We are trying ease the pain of losing him by just plain wishing that he was gone.

That is why I wrote this in the first place. I feel like (most) everyone here has given up on DC. Even if he is injured and will never play another down in his lifetime, we owe him more than that, some loyalty.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    You would have really loved the threads that pissed me off enough finally to sign up for the site so I could post.....It seemed half the site wanted Ferotte to start, because he was so good and CPep sucked, LOL.
    Ahh yes, the good old days. ukeright:

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    No Faith
    No Stadium Getting
    Always whining
    Always complaining
    No Proactive always Reactive Mo Fos!

Man You know who you are.

I am tired of all this Trade DC crap.

34% of the votes are to Trade DC in the Pep Poll!

The main reason I don't want Pep to be traded or cut is so I don't have to listen to you all whine about how crappy the next newbie QB is.

Stop following the stupid Pied Piper and most of all stop your whining!

If you whine, please atleast come up with a realistic solution.

Opps am I whining or am I complaining......my bad!
    so your whole point is that only you are entitiled to your opinion because you feel that it is superior to everyone elses..alrite then..DC should be traded in the event that we get a pro bowl player that fills a need as well as a 1st round pick..the stadium war was going our way until the boat incident and the constant hate from the star tribune, altogether meaning that right now it is not looking good for us getting a new stadium..yes i will hate whoever the next QB of the vikings is every single time he makes a culpepper-like stupid decision..i will constantly complain about our offensive line taking stupid penalties..i will hate napolean harris because he cant tackle..i will complain about EJ Henderson getting burnt by the worlds slowest TE's across the middle of the field 2 or 3 times a game..i will point out 3 bad plays that brian williams makes to match every 1 decent one he makes..i will whine about our DE's (minus johnstone) never getting pressure on the QB when we send a 4 man rush..Fred Smoot and B Will are nothing more than 3rd stringers on any NFL team, and neither him or williams are worth the money they will be getting paid next year..do i need a logical solution for all of those? NO, thats Brad Childress and Zygi Wilf's job..and why do we owe culpepper loyalty? the guys teases us all by playing as well as Peyton Manning in the preseason, then goes out and disgraces the franchise on and off the field..maybe DC is the one who needs a lesson in loyalty..Zygi Wilf has treated him like god through his entire rehab process and everything else since Zygi bought the team..DC has been babied with the Vikings, and has not won us dick all in exchange..the guy needs to earn that treatment and shut his mouth and just play football..this whole deal about DC wanting a raise proves that he has been a selfish asshole his entire time here, but he just kept everybody in the media from hearing about it
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Which is why the ONLY good answer to pick in the Pep:In or Out Poll to the right of this (and every) thread is WAIT AND SEE...by this, I mean that our coaching staff is the final judge and jury of whether or not Pep can be the QB to take our offense to the next level...fact is, if Childress determines that the answer is NO, Pep is GONE...if the answer is YES, Pep STAYS...and NOTHING we say can change that. HOWEVER, we CAN speculate about WHAT IFs...nothing wrong with that, just as long as we preface each suggestion by stating IF Pep stays or IF Pep gets traded. Brainstorming about what to do before you actually take a course of action is the backbone of American business...all successful businesses explore their options before taking the road that they do...and the MOST successful business leave no stone unturned in finding the BEST option to take...THAT is what we should want our new coaching staff and owner to do...look at all the options and figure out the best one that will get us the championships that we all desire!!! GO WILF! GO CHILDRESS! GO VIKINGS!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

If Matt Hasselbeck can run it, Pep can.

Here is a little article that I found on the WCO that is interesting.

And before you try to say that DC can't make reads, he needs to be taught the WCO before he can be accused of not making the proper reads. It is a different system than what he is use to.

http://kffl.com/article.php/1790/204

Not pertaining to the WCO:
    Tarkenton
    Marino
    Elway (b4 the 2 SB win) 3 suberbowl attempts and loss them all 39-20, 42-10 and 55-10.

All three were good QBs, but only one of them was on a TEAM that had enough to win the big one. Tark and Marino, wouldn't trade them from my team anyday. Even if Elway wouldn't have one the big one, I don't think anyone would have given up the opp for those memories as a Bronco. In the end, it wasn't elway that won those SB games, it was the team. He was on the best team that season. Unfortunately, Tark and Marino weren't on a best team of the season.

.....................G |...Comp...Att...PCT.....YD...Y/A..TD.INT |....Att...Yards...TD..Rushing
    Tark TOTAL | 246 | 3686 6467 57.0 47003 7.3 342 266 | 675 3674 32
    DC TOTAL | 81 | 1679 2609 64.4 20168 7.7 135 86 | 453 2471 29

Statistically, DC is more than a third of his way there in everything. Unfortunately that goes for INTs also. 10 TDs from being a third of the way. Yet Fran is the man and Pep is the putz.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Which is why the ONLY good answer to pick in the Pep:In or Out Poll to the right of this (and every) thread is WAIT AND SEE...by this, I mean that our coaching staff is the final judge and jury of whether or not Pep can be the QB to take our offense to the next level...fact is, if Childress determines that the answer is NO, Pep is GONE...if the answer is YES, Pep STAYS...and NOTHING we say can change that. HOWEVER, we CAN speculate about WHAT IFs...nothing wrong with that, just as long as we preface each suggestion by stating IF Pep stays or IF Pep gets traded. Brainstorming about what to do before you actually take a course of action is the backbone of American business...all successful businesses explore their options before taking the road that they do...and the MOST successful business leave no stone unturned in finding the BEST option to take...THAT is what we should want our new coaching staff and owner to do...look at all the options and figure out the best one that will get us the championships that we all desire!!! GO WILF! GO CHILDRESS! GO VIKINGS!
    Good post Cajun!

I know football is a business, but I wish atleast football could be based more on loyalty than it is. There is too much business in this world and sometimes that no stone unturned situation and the ultimate gain of profit has its costs. I guess those that don't evolve get left behind or get left a pink slip just before retirement. I guess we must evolve and plan for early retirement.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast