Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

YOU are the Coach

I think we keep doing what we've been doing!! Get Randy the ball and let Michael/Moe/O run!! I also like the idea of seeing the flea flicker in our arsenal again, but we need to be really confident in our line blocking schemes to run it!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

YOU are the Coach

"dan3ski" wrote:
    Gee Bennetts numbers are inflated by long runs. Sound alot like a running back that played for Detriot named Barry Sanders who will most likely end up in the HOF.
    Whoa, I know we're Vikings fans here, but you cannot compare him to Barry Sanders. He was way more than a speed guy. He had incredible moves, balance, and the ability to shake tackles, even to the point where we thought he was somehow cheating. Add to that the fact that Barry pretty much had no team for ten years.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

YOU are the Coach

Barry Sanders was is and always will be the best running back in NFL history with absolutely no contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

YOU are the Coach

true, but you can't discount bennetts ability to break one for 60 yards out of his yards per carry either. BECAUSE he can break them off like that and get most of his 100 plus yards per game in a couple of runs, teams always have to be aware of him. this is what makes him an integral part of the offense. if he keeps d's honest, you have more single coverage on recievers
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

YOU are the Coach

I completely agree, amavikesfan. I just think they use him wrong a lot. I've seen so many plays with him where they run him up the gut and surprise, surprise, 1 yard gain. He's got to be an outside runner or receiver. He just doesn't have the power or the moves to be an up the middle runner. I'd use plenty of two back sets this year with him and Moe Williams or Smith. Opponents would be hard pressed to figure out much less stop that attack.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

YOU are the Coach

It is not so much that he doesn't have power or moves, he probably has the same amount as Moe or Onterrio. It is that he doesn't have the best vision, especially when going up the middle. When Moe or Onterrio run it they do not hesitate, they simply find a seam and run for 5-10 yards. Bennett doesn't seem to run full speed when going throught the middle. It is almost as if we really only see his speed when he is in the open field.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

YOU are the Coach

The way I see it Bennett is a speed back which makes it hard to run with power as with most speed types they can be knocked down due to the fact thier feet are not alwas on the ground. He does run with his head up so he does see the field he is trying to learn patience to read or wait for the block ang needs to get his confidebce back after his injury so this is a make or break season for him.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

YOU are the Coach

I like the idea to have Cambell return kicks even though the Vikings did draft a running back this year to do that. I would defeniatly consider having both players back to return kicks.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

YOU are the Coach

I would put sweetness (Payton) in Barry's class as he did not have much in front of him. Yet he did I believe play in and help win a Super Bowl.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456