Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Purplebleeder is offline Training Camp

YOU are the Coach

You guys are all too funny....I should have added that, you get over your awe, love for the players , love for alcohol etc...now you need to prepare for the Cowpokes.

You have three teams - Offense, Defence and Special Teams.

Who would you start and what would your game plan be?

(I loved the surround yourself with geniuses and make like you know what you are doing on the sideline - perfect plan)
    A Viking Fan(atic)

billvike is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: YOU are the Coach

1st i would let them know I AM IN CHARGE and wont put up with any crap or there gone. Anyone who holds out ill cut if there not important or trade if i can get things for them.

i would be 60/40 on the pass/run ratio
    id prolly run the 4-3 defense
    Only the best coaches

Just let them know that minnesota aint no laughing matter and that we can win 3-4 superbowls!!! :king:

AFROMAN :rr:

ukeright: Packers
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

YOU are the Coach

crap... I can only think of smart a** comments for this... ok... ummm...

Offense- I'd use the obvious starters... call a lot of long bombs to Moss and also use all 3 RB's to light up the running game.

Defense- I'd tell them to be aggressive as heck... but smart aggressive. I'd use Tice's rule from last year that if someone gets a stupid penalty I'd yank them outta the game... at least for a few plays

Special Teams- I think I'd test it out... try a bunch of different players to return kick offs to see who worked best... hell I'd even put Moss in there

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

YOU are the Coach

its a really good thing I'm not a coach... hehehe

Big C is offline Coordinator

YOU are the Coach

I'd probably try and hire Mike Tice as my advisor

He's done great things this off season and I couldn't see us with a better coach right now.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

YOU are the Coach

I'd need more than three timeouts per half. I'd spend too much time diagramming the plays on the palm of my hand.

"Okay, Marcus, you run straight up, and cut across on that line there. Moss, you slant in at about half way up. Culpepper, when he hits the first knuckle, launch it. The rest of you just go out and run something short..."

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

YOU are the Coach

I'd hire a person just to run clock management. :idea: How about Tommy Kramer? I don't think we've done it right since he was the Quarterback.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

YOU are the Coach

Okay, seriously I would have Bennett return kickoffs and try out Onterrio as the feature back. I would also have Culpepper be a lead blocker in the running attack. Now you can say that risks him getting hurt, and it does, but when you've got a quarterback who's built like a tight end, you should utilize that strength.

The great thing about this year's offense is that we have the potential to be incredibly versatile. We can run two tight end sets, four wide reciever, two backs, you name it, and we have the players for it. So my overall plan would be to mix it up, and change our approach for every game, depending on our opponents weaknesses. In Dallas' case, I might consider plugging in Moe Williams as the starter and plow through their smallish linebackers. This would also be a good time to get Robinson and Burleson involved, as Roy Williams and Terrence Newman are sure to have their hands full with Moss.

On defense, I don't think I would run a 3-4, at least not as our base defense. We've got the linebackers for it now, but we'd need a big stud nose tackle to eat up two or three blockers to make that work. Steve Martin is the only player we have who fits, but he is not quite starter material. If Udeze and Will Smith were gone at #19, I would have taken Wilfork or Tubbs to fill this role. I don't know much about secondary schemes, but I like the idea of ours corners playing the man while the safeties play the ball. It really worked well at the beginning of last year, but not so much once opponents started running on us and of course they discovered Denard Walker.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

YOU are the Coach

First I'de fire Elling. Then I would take the rest
    of the players to the Super Bowl- The End
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

owensforpres is offline Pro-Bowler

YOU are the Coach

i'd play a 60/40 pass/run ratio using all our recievers. smith as the feature back

defense would have to be agrresive(i hate that bend don't break defense)

special teams: bennett as a return man sounds good maybe try kelly campbell.

and last i would have a heart attack when i win my first game. so one of you would have to take over
    699966daa73d890a9f6ec440ad82bccc

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast