View Poll Results: Whats it take to Bench Ponder?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • More INTs than TDs

0 0%
  • 0-x Start

12 57.14%
  • Give him more time

1 4.76%
  • Locker Room Mutiny

6 28.57%
  • A stiff breeze

2 9.52%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    drakkar is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkar View Post
    Frazier getting the boot..
    I agree, I just dont see them going away from Ponder. He was a high first round pick that they are attached to

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. If Ponder plays bad, and we lose, I think Cassel starts week 3. Atleast I hope so as a dome full of boo birds drives me crazy.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. If Ponder plays bad, and we lose, I think Cassel starts week 3. Atleast I hope so as a dome full of boo birds drives me crazy.
    They are coming and they are well deserved. I will lead the charge.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Ponder had a terrible team in 2011, he had no line and WRs. Last year he a decent line and time to throw and no WRs. This year he has no excuse!! If he can't perform this year then I say it is time to look for an alternative, and Cassel is not the answer, he is more of the same. He looked worse than Ponder in preseason (if that is possible). If we start out 0-4 I say lets see what MBT can do, if he can't cut it then we need to find three QBs for next year.

I say we trade for B. J Daniels out of S. Florida. Or even give Tebow a shot, can you imagine the read option with Tebow and AD. Anyway anything is better than the QB play we have been getting.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Cassel is not the answer, he is more of the same. He looked worse than Ponder in preseason (if that is possible).
    Lol no he didn't! What games were you watching?

Ranger is offline Coach
    I still think it's going to depend upon our record. 0-4, we can expect 'ole MC to take the snaps. We wont do any better, in my opinion, but we wont do any worse, either.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Or even give Tebow a shot, can you imagine the read option with Tebow and AD. Anyway anything is better than the QB play we have been getting.
    Ok I was with you until you went there lol. Yeah I'm sure the read option would kill with those 2, but then we're in the same predicament if we're ever in a situation where we need to pass. We need to find someone that can actually throw the ball to compliment our run game. We need to stop being 1 dimensional.

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Ok I was with you until you went there lol. Yeah I'm sure the read option would kill with those 2, but then we're in the same predicament if we're ever in a situation where we need to pass. We need to find someone that can actually throw the ball to compliment our run game. We need to stop being 1 dimensional.
    I'm with you on this.

Rivers might be available next year. I suspect a lot of his struggles have to do with them getting rid of his favorite target and failing to address their huge offensive line problems. If he came to Minnesota, he'd have a much better line, a MUCH better running back, and better receiving options. Hell, a better team.

I'd like to see him in purple.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    If he came to Minnesota, he'd have a much better line, a MUCH better running back, and better receiving options. Hell, a better team.

I'd like to see him in purple.
    Whoa, careful now, some seem to think the reason Ponder is struggling is because we have one of the worst lines in the league, and he didn't have very good targets to throw to. Crazy how the same excuses were made for TJ, but then Favre came in here with basically the same team and put up MVP numbers. I could see a similar scenario happening if we landed Rivers.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Right after Jennings tweets that Harvin was right about Ponder all along.
    Jenning's sister will likely tweet that. She did not like Rodgers, so ....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast