View Poll Results: Whats it take to Bench Ponder?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • More INTs than TDs

0 0%
  • 0-x Start

12 57.14%
  • Give him more time

1 4.76%
  • Locker Room Mutiny

6 28.57%
  • A stiff breeze

2 9.52%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I don't think the call is Fraziers to make. Ponder is Spielmans project so I think it's his call. Having said that, I think Ponder will eek a couple of mediocre performances on the back of AD and at least survive to mid season. Once our playoff chances become in doubt, they might make a move. But again it's all going to come down to how much denial Spielman suffers from. And even if they do go to Cassel at some point, it'll probably be temporary.

Frazier should be fired for the awful schemes we run. Especially for this pathetic excuse of a defensive strategy. I'm tired of watching opposing QB pick apart this overly conservative cover 2 that almost makes it look like we're playing prevent the entire game.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

You Call it: The Big Switch

If the play Ponder next week and he plays as bad as he has been the organization is going to see a fan revolt of mythical proportions and maybe they will finally get the message that they cannot bullshit us about the quality of play from the QBs they are giving us.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Switching to Cassel now would only hurt our chances at getting an earlier pick in next years draft for a QB.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    we are one game in and we already begin to think about where we will be in the draft next year. When fans react that quick it's time to bench Ponder and admit he can't do it period.
    Purple till i die

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Vikings are halfway to repeat of 2008 QB scenario

Vikings are halfway to repeat of 2008 QB scenario | Patrick+ | StarTribune.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    In a rarity, I completely agree with Reusse. Eerily familiar territory.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    I think Ponder needs more time. However, the team needs to be proactive here.

If I'm Rick Spielman or Leslie Frazier, I have to know that sticking with a QB plan that doesn't workwell could cost me MY job! As a result, if the team fails to win before the bye week (0-4), that would seem to be the logical time to make a QB switch to Cassel for the good of the team. Not doing so would seem to threaten the survival of Ponder, Frazier, and Spielman.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    I think Ponder needs more time. However, the team needs to be proactive here.

If I'm Rick Spielman or Leslie Frazier, I have to know that sticking with a QB plan that doesn't workwell could cost me MY job! As a result, if the team fails to win before the bye week (0-4), that would seem to be the logical time to make a QB switch to Cassel for the good of the team. Not doing so would seem to threaten the survival of Ponder, Frazier, and Spielman.
    Nice take, vikesrgreat2, and welcome. SKOL!

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    [
    More time? That's what the purple blind said about T Joke. The facts are we reached for him and we also
    reached for Ponder. It's so obvious Ponder does not have the arm to be a top tier NFL qb. You can't teach
    that. Cut the cord before it strangles us for another 3 years.

More time? That's what the purple blind said about T Joke. The facts are we reached for him and we also
    reached for Ponder. It's so obvious Ponder does not have the arm to be a top tier NFL qb. You can't teach
    that. Cut the cord before it strangles us for another 3 years. More time? That's what the purple blind said about T Joke. The facts are we reached for him and we also

Can you imagine this team with him at qb without Peterson? Peterson gives a qb the best chance in the
    NFL to succed at qb. He's failed miserably.. Time to move on. See what Cassel has with the number ones, and
    if he sucks go to BMT. I think he may have the stuff to play in this league.
    If I'm Rick Spielman or Leslie Frazier, I have to know that sticking with a QB plan that doesn't workwell could cost me MY job! As a result, if the team fails to win before the bye week (0-4), that would seem to be the logical time to make a QB switch to Cassel for the good of the team. Not doing so would seem to threaten the survival of Ponder, Frazier, and Spielman.[/QUOTE]

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    [

that. Cut the cord before it strangles us for another 3 years. More time? That's what the purple blind said about T Joke. The facts are we reached for him and we also

Can you imagine this team with him at qb without Peterson? Peterson gives a qb the best chance in the
    NFL to succed at qb. He's failed miserably.. Time to move on. See what Cassel has with the number ones, and
    if he sucks go to BMT. I think he may have the stuff to play in this league.
    If I'm Rick Spielman or Leslie Frazier, I have to know that sticking with a QB plan that doesn't workwell could cost me MY job! As a result, if the team fails to win before the bye week (0-4), that would seem to be the logical time to make a QB switch to Cassel for the good of the team. Not doing so would seem to threaten the survival of Ponder, Frazier, and Spielman.[/QUOTE"]
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 09-10-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast