Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: You Build IT

  1. #1
    soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    357

    You Build IT

    Ok so the ground work has been done Good to great Lines both Offense and Defense
    Now comes A once in a lifetime talent in AD

    BUT There is a 5 year window here on ADs talent

    Youve got 4 years total left, any years past that is cake

    What do YOU do with the free agency off season and draft
    to bring at least a nfc championship in the next two years

  2. #2
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: You Build IT

    [img width=450 height=337]http://sensorscity.marshall.edu/CITY/30June04/MVC-008S.JPG[/img]

  3. #3
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: You Build IT

    So as soon as AP is 27, he loses his talent?


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  4. #4
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: You Build IT

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    So as soon as AP is 27, he loses his talent?
    yea, once he hits 27 he actually has to report to hell, because he clearly sold his soul to the devil with how much talent he has


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  5. #5
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: You Build IT

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    [img width=450 height=337]http://sensorscity.marshall.edu/CITY/30June04/MVC-008S.JPG[/img]
    AD is buitl from Legos?
    Now I know why he is so good.

  6. #6
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: You Build IT

    If you look at the averages.. the normal production is 5 to 7 peak years.. I think that is the notion used here..

    With the style of running AP plays with.. I would look at Sims and Jackson's careers as guidelines.. All out all Day..

    He has shown that he can "break" down in college, so if the goal is to win a superbowl with him.. probably prime time is the within 5 to 7...

    With that said.. getting solid play out of the right side of the line, at QB, and TE will be important.. The Defense will lose a major force in Pat Williams sometime in the next couple of years.. plus an upgrade at safety won't hurt..

    Being a Packer fan.. I hope you draft another DE that takes time to develop.
    ;D

    BTW.. the time slot for the draft has been reduced... make sure you get the card in on time this year.
    :P

  7. #7
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: You Build IT

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    So as soon as AP is 27, he loses his talent?
    No - but it's valid to point out that since the average career of an NFL RB is 5 years or so that it is best to maximize the talent around him while he's young.
    Dickerson set the NFL season rushing record in his 2nd season.
    He played 11, but the last 4 were unproductive (no more than 4 TDs or 729 yards).

    http://www.nfl.com/players/ericdickerson/profile?id=DIC276860

    Too early to draw comparisons as to talent and such, but projecting over the long-term, the answer is probably to think that the Vikings need to fill out the talent no later than 2009 to maximize on his productive years.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #8
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: You Build IT

    "pack93z" wrote:
    If you look at the averages.. the normal production is 5 to 7 peak years.. I think that is the notion used here..

    With the style of running AP plays with.. I would look at Sims and Jackson's careers as guidelines.. All out all Day..

    He has shown that he can "break" down in college, so if the goal is to win a superbowl with him.. probably prime time is the within 5 to 7...

    With that said.. getting solid play out of the right side of the line, at QB, and TE will be important.. The Defense will lose a major force in Pat Williams sometime in the next couple of years.. plus an upgrade at safety won't hurt..

    Being a Packer fan.. I hope you draft another DE that takes time to develop.
    ;D

    BTW.. the time slot for the draft has been reduced... make sure you get the card in on time this year.
    :P
    They rebuilt him this offseason. His bones are all steel. He will play longer than Farve now.

  9. #9
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: You Build IT

    "marstc09" wrote:
    They rebuilt him this offseason. His bones are all steel. He will play longer than Farve now.
    I will take bets in any amount that AP's effective career is no longer than 8 years.. he may play longer but not at the same level..

    Check the stats on NFL running backs.. especially ones that were used alot in college.. there is validity to the thinking next 5 to 7 years.

  10. #10
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: You Build IT

    Running backs tend to SLOW down when they hit about 29-30 but still have 2 or 3 productive years left usually.
    I can see AP being a starter for 9-10 years barring injuries and what not.
    I mean look at Berry Sanders, he was still going strong and IMHO retired a couple years before he should have.
    Running backs are different from back to back.
    But lets say he starts for only 6 more years, if we can't build a Super Bowl team up around him in 6 years I'm convinced the Vikes will just never win one anyways.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Build your own woman
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 03:45 PM
  2. Vikings Build Playground
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 04:56 AM
  3. Build a snare
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 05:55 PM
  4. VIKINGS BUILD PLAYGROUND
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 01:31 AM
  5. Build your own Snowman
    By Del Rio in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 02:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •