Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Yo...the season's not over yet.

We are in the NFC North - we could (and have) gone to the playoffs with an 8-8 record. The season is not over yet, so keep your heads up.

It does not, however, look good, and in my opinion, Mike Tice should be fired RIGHT NOW, perhaps to ignite a spark under this team.

We're not out, but we need immediate change. This leads me to the 'Bench Daunte' proposal. Back in 2003, I argued vehemently against it, and last year, it was no issue. But Brad Johnson may very well be what this team needs right now.

Now before you call me a fairweather fan, unpatriotic, or whatever, listen. Our O-Line is not the problem - Daunte has time. Here's the bottom line: Daunte Culpepper is paying for his arrogance. He overestimated his own abilities. During the off-season Pep suggested to the media that he would "like to keep most of the offense together" and if Moss were traded "we'll still perform well if we play together as a team". Culpepper said the defense needed improvement for the Vikings to take the next step, and proposed the "defense could be improved with a trade." Translation: Culpepper did everything he could to get Moss kicked out, short of signing the trade papers.

He's now paying for it.

Off the field, the Vikings have proven that it was the team, and not Randy, that was the problem. It appears that, as his supporters said, he was a diamond in the rough - an immature one, but the case stands - among an immature group of boys. Perhaps Moss kept to himself after games for a reason. Now Tice and Daunte look like fools.

On the field? He has time, and can't make reads, because he's seeing normal coverage. His receivers are getting open, but he can't find them, because there's no longer an entire side of the field wide open.

Brad Johnson is a Super Bowl winning QB with a decent arm and uncanny accuracy, and apparently at the moment moves better than Daunte. We should give him a shot.

And if Michael Bennett takes another snap this season, Mike Tice should be shot dead in the street. MeMo is our back of the future - but once again, this all rests, in my opinion, on giving Johnson a shot. If the passing game forces defenses to take 8 men out of the box, MeMo can rack up some yardage.

But if Daunte doesn't take a drastic upswing, or we don't bench him, our season - and perhaps the future of our franchise - is in terrible trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Del Rio Guest

Re: Yo...the season's not over yet.

Let me clarify something.

If Daunte gets sacked or does bad....it's not a reflection of the line.

BUT

When Memo doesn't get many yards in a game let me guess........it's the line.

Is that a fair statement of how you feel?

Seriously though I agree with most of what you said up until you started to have a Mossgasm. I think Culpepper was a bit too confident. I think the whole team was. I also think Mike Tice should remain until the season is over.

Make no mistake the guy is gone, and so is his coaching staff. No way they coach another year in Minnesota.

Bubba_ND is offline Rookie

I dont see Brad doing much becuz with the o-line is being very shaky, seems like CPEP is scrambling like a mad man. Brad is 1/2 as moblie as CPEP so i just see about 8-10 sacks a game. And o I believe having Bennet in the mix helps. And im pretty sure CPEP didnt want Moss out. That was Reds Decision. And teams dont have 8 men in the box I wish they did, open the passing game alot better. better Check your facts before you say something that isnt close to the truth.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"Bubba_ND" wrote:
    I dont see Brad doing much becuz with the o-line is being very shaky, seems like CPEP is scrambling like a mad man. Brad is 1/2 as moblie as CPEP so i just see about 8-10 sacks a game. And o I believe having Bennet in the mix helps. And im pretty sure CPEP didnt want Moss out. That was Reds Decision. And teams dont have 8 men in the box I wish they did, open the passing game alot better. better Check your facts before you say something that isnt close to the truth.
    Um.....the facts are that Daunte, Tice, and Reds made the decision. All 3 of them decided together.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Del Rio Guest

I think Brad would do a good job.

I don't buy the lack of mobility argument. If he can make his reads and make the decisions he doesn't need to be mobile.

The floodgates are not opening all that often. It has been discussed in press conferences and such that he has had time and still got sacked. Brad would help us win.

That being said I wouldn't bench Pepper until he shows signs of going back to week one or two form. I am not against the idea at all though.

Bubba_ND is offline Rookie

umm Tice came out and said he had no involvement with trading moss, i heard it from Dan B on the Fan. It was Red who traded, and it was mostly his decision.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Now before you call me a fairweather fan, unpatriotic, or whatever, listen. Our O-Line is not the problem - Daunte has time. Here's the bottom line: Daunte Culpepper is paying for his arrogance. He overestimated his own abilities. During the off-season Pep suggested to the media that he would "like to keep most of the offense together" and if Moss were traded "we'll still perform well if we play together as a team". Culpepper said the defense needed improvement for the Vikings to take the next step, and proposed the "defense could be improved with a trade." Translation: Culpepper did everything he could to get Moss kicked out, short of signing the trade papers.

He's now paying for it.

Off the field, the Vikings have proven that it was the team, and not Randy, that was the problem. It appears that, as his supporters said, he was a diamond in the rough - an immature one, but the case stands - among an immature group of boys. Perhaps Moss kept to himself after games for a reason. Now Tice and Daunte look like fools.

On the field? He has time, and can't make reads, because he's seeing normal coverage. His receivers are getting open, but he can't find them, because there's no longer an entire side of the field wide open.

But if Daunte doesn't take a drastic upswing, or we don't bench him, our season - and perhaps the future of our franchise - is in terrible trouble.

You are so one dimensional it is getting sickening, everything that happens on the Vikes and in the world is not the result of Randy being traded!!

The lose of Linehan, Birk, Dave Dixon, Nate Burleson and Ontarrio Smith is causing this team more problems than the loss of Moss!!

Why don't you just get over it and move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are really becoming annoying and predictable!!!

4 teams went to the championship round in last years playoffs without Moss, 2 teams went to the Superbowl without Moss, 1 team won the Superbowl without Moss!

Vikings record without Moss 1-4
    Oakland's record with Moss 1-4
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

We can analyze this stuff until we are blue in the face, Daunte is going to lead the team, not Brad so come on now.

First of all Daunte, needs an adjustment period, I think any QB that has had the luxury of Moss on the field for the first part of their career would be a bit spoiled. Since Daunte made his first start he has had Moss, so give the guy a break, not only that but N8 has been out the last 2 games, he is a huge part of the offense and offensive schemes, so that may be hurting us as well!

I really think that this team will turn the corner, if they don't it WILL NOT be because of Daunte. I like BJ as well (and BJ's) but I do not think that he would fair much better in the long run, maybe for a game or two, until the opposing defenses make their adjustments.

I say let C-Pep call his own plays on a couple of series and see what he can do, because to me it looks like he is always confused or dare I say frustrated!!

He just provided us Viking fans with one of the best seasons of all time for a QB, so do not be so quick to give up on the guy, C-Pep is our man, mark my words!!

Cheers!

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

I definatly think that sometime in the next couple of games if Pep is struggling like he has been, we should throw Johnson into the mix and see if the team responds. I think that Johnson is up to the task, he has been around for a long time, is a professional and like 8404 said he does have that shinny ring. (and he did that with alot less talent on offense than we currently have IMO)

RB situation, I think that the touches are about were they should be right now. MeMo should be our feature back right now because he is running it well and he catches the rock well. I think he should take double the reps in practice when the play calls for him to block. Bennett still needs a few carries a game because of the homerun potential he has, I would also like to see them get it to him on screen plays a few times a game, I feel that is where he could do some serious damage. And Moe will just do what he does when he is fully healthy. I think Leroy Hoard's quote sums up Moe as well "if you want 5 yards I'll get you 3 if you want 1 yard I'll get you 3".

Other than that I just think that they need to pull there collective heads out of there a&$', including the coaching staff (which might not be possible), play with a little heart and I think things can fall into place for the remainder of the season. We do have alot of games left in our division so anything can happen.
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I still hate Red McCombs!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast