Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Yet another QB thread

I personally think Culpepper should start anyways. To bring in a new QB to start over Culpepper is ridiculous. We might as well trade Pep if we do that, and I don't think he deservees that.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Yet another QB thread

We don't need to resign Brad. Brad is already signed & under contract.

"Wilf, asked if the Vikings would provide Johnson with a new contract after he led them to a 7-2 record in their last nine games, said, "He's already got a contract." Johnson will earn $1 million next season."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

This is a pointless question. Pep is only going to start if he can manage to execute the west coast offense. If he can't he isn't going to start. Its just that simple. In order to start he has got to learn to read defenses quickly and in three steps find the receiver that is open. I have not seen him do that since he has been here. His ability to quickly read the defense is not very good based on his performance the last few years. Maybe Childress can do for him what he did for McNabb. If Pep can't master that he will be traded. We will not be running the old Tice offense just so Pep can play. If you want to ask a question it should be can Pep master the three step drop and shoot west coast offense. :wink:

WWBGD

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

The problem with some coaches, players, owner or whoever in the organization has a say, is that when a player has a huge contract and is paid a lot of money, they tend to let them play much longer than they should.

With this in mind, Culpepper will start regardless of how he performs. And just like any season, will not be benched. It wouldn't make sense financially.

I say let him start, only because they declared him the starter, and bring in a rookie backup as well as a veteran. Let them all learn and earn their position.

The Vikes will bring in a veteran backup if Brad leaves. "Culpepper is the future" Who knows, maybe new coaches with west coast offense will bring him around finally.

I would preferr a rookie to build for the future and let him learn under Brad. But that's not how it is.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"singersp" wrote:

"Wilf, asked if the Vikings would provide Johnson with a new contract after he led them to a 7-2 record in their last nine games, said, "He's already got a contract." Johnson will earn $1 million next season."
    Exactly. This has been covered in a bizzilion threads.

bfld is offline Rookie

The chances are too hich that Culpepper will not be able to play a full season as starter.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Exactly. This has been covered in a bizzilion threads.
    Still not as many as there are running back threads though!

Gift is offline Coordinator

With those choices, you have to go with start C-pep & bring in a vetran. I don't care for the wording of this poll. The only disput is brad vs C-pep not some random league vetran vs c-pep.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Del Rio Guest

If Brad wants out he gets out it's pretty simple.

You don't keep unhappy players on the roster especially if you are going to need to rely on them.

He hasn't said he wants out, I'm just saying the fact that they have him under contract doesn't really mean much if he decides he wants out.

If he does walk we need to sign a vet, because Culpepper probably wont be ready for the opener.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Trade Brad to the Jets after Tice gets hired there!!! LOL!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast