Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Vikingryche is offline Rookie

Re: This years biggest impact player

I realize who the Vikes have had, been fan since about 77. I loved Chuck Foreman and Robert Smith. Adrian has the total package. That run he had against the Jets was only a glimpse of what we will have the pleasure of seeing from him.... Go Vikes!!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikingryche" wrote:
    I realize who the Vikes have had, been fan since about 77. I loved Chuck Foreman and Robert Smith. Adrian has the total package. That run he had against the Jets was only a glimpse of what we will have the pleasure of seeing from him.... Go Vikes!!!
    If we had put Walker in the "I" formation instead of a split back set he may have very well ended up our best back of all time. You need to scheme to the players strengths and hopefully that is what we do with AP and our other stars

Vikingryche is offline Rookie

That is true about the Herscel Walker statement!!
    His first 2 games when he came to us when we lined him up in the I, he did awesome!!
    I will always remember that TD run losin 1 of his shoes!!!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Im going to go with Wade but I wanted to pick Williamson and Rice too. Wade really impressed me and it looks like he'll be the go to guy in this offense. I like Williamson to breakout. 3rd year is almost always the breakout in a wide receiver. Steve smith, Chad Johnson, and list is long. Im optimistic about that. And Rice as a rookie has shown me he is a solid receiver who some day will be greatness.

Mark My words. Robert Ferguson stats will be 87 catches 1,453 yards 11TD's Go Fergie!!
    Then why didnt you vote for him. No body voted for him or Holcomb.

Then Fergie's best year was something like 500 yards. To say he'll triple his production when he has a worst quarterback is amusing. Hell Id be satisfied if TJ threw near 2000 yards let alone one of the receivers getting 3/4 of that who isnt a number one. And our total touchdowns last year was 25. With just 13 passing. And 11 were by quarterbacks. To say all of the ones thrown by qbs will go to Ferguson who isnt a number one is also very unlikely.
    I doubt Jackson will throw a two digit number any how. So Im going to have to say that 1453 yards and 11 TDs is safely a good thing to bet against.

Chester Taylor will be hurt by Peterson and Peterson will be hurt by Taylor. I think Taylor will still be the guy who will be get more carries but not enough to get the numbers that make him the impact player.

Our O-line wont breakout in my opinion because they already have. Thats like saying LaDanian Tomlinson is going to breakout this year. We have a great O-Line that doesnt need to break out.

If I had to pick defense. Im going with Chad Greenway man. That guy will breakout and have a very impressive year. Big impact on our defense in my opinion
    Phod kept mentioning breakout, I don't think that is the question.
    I think the questions is who will have the biggest impact.

I voted for the O-line as having the biggest impact.

Rationale follows:

a.
    CT/AD/Memo, whoever is running will need holes.
    The O-line will give them those holes.
    b.
    TJ will need time to throw the ball.
    The O-line will give him that time.
    c.
    WR's will need time to get into thier routes.
    The O-line will protect TJ long enough for those routes to develop.
    d.
    The defense cannot stay on the field all day and still be effective.
    The O-line will be the anchor behind sustaining drives.

Again, I voted for the O-line.

;D

Marrdro,

You sir are 100% correct with that post, any offense usually goes as the O line goes...

O line play is bad, offense is bad.

O line play is dominating, Offense dominates.

I know this because the O line is where my heart really is, as is the same with the D line.

I played lineman on O and D for 15 years myself, and it is and always will be the heart of any team.

But most people like to recognize the glamore positions, the players that Catch, throw and Score...

Thats why I picked both AD and CT and Boddy Wade.......

But none of them will do anything great, if the line fails......That is the bottom line.

And my major area of concern is still the Right Side of the O line with this team.....Most all the other pieces are in place.
    I'm hoping for some sweat suprises from the Right O line side....

Nordic Ned

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Im going to go with Wade but I wanted to pick Williamson and Rice too. Wade really impressed me and it looks like he'll be the go to guy in this offense. I like Williamson to breakout. 3rd year is almost always the breakout in a wide receiver. Steve smith, Chad Johnson, and list is long. Im optimistic about that. And Rice as a rookie has shown me he is a solid receiver who some day will be greatness.

Mark My words. Robert Ferguson stats will be 87 catches 1,453 yards 11TD's Go Fergie!!
    Then why didnt you vote for him. No body voted for him or Holcomb.

Then Fergie's best year was something like 500 yards. To say he'll triple his production when he has a worst quarterback is amusing. Hell Id be satisfied if TJ threw near 2000 yards let alone one of the receivers getting 3/4 of that who isnt a number one. And our total touchdowns last year was 25. With just 13 passing. And 11 were by quarterbacks. To say all of the ones thrown by qbs will go to Ferguson who isnt a number one is also very unlikely.
    I doubt Jackson will throw a two digit number any how. So Im going to have to say that 1453 yards and 11 TDs is safely a good thing to bet against.

Chester Taylor will be hurt by Peterson and Peterson will be hurt by Taylor. I think Taylor will still be the guy who will be get more carries but not enough to get the numbers that make him the impact player.

Our O-line wont breakout in my opinion because they already have. Thats like saying LaDanian Tomlinson is going to breakout this year. We have a great O-Line that doesnt need to break out.

If I had to pick defense. Im going with Chad Greenway man. That guy will breakout and have a very impressive year. Big impact on our defense in my opinion
    Phod kept mentioning breakout, I don't think that is the question.
    I think the questions is who will have the biggest impact.

I voted for the O-line as having the biggest impact.

Rationale follows:

a.
    CT/AD/Memo, whoever is running will need holes.
    The O-line will give them those holes.
    b.
    TJ will need time to throw the ball.
    The O-line will give him that time.
    c.
    WR's will need time to get into thier routes.
    The O-line will protect TJ long enough for those routes to develop.
    d.
    The defense cannot stay on the field all day and still be effective.
    The O-line will be the anchor behind sustaining drives.

Again, I voted for the O-line.

;D

Marrdro,

You sir are 100% correct with that post, any offense usually goes as the O line goes...

O line play is bad, offense is bad.

O line play is dominating, Offense dominates.

I know this because the O line is where my heart really is, as is the same with the D line.

I played lineman on O and D for 15 years myself, and it is and always will be the heart of any team.

But most people like to recognize the glamore positions, the players that Catch, throw and Score...

Thats why I picked both AD and CT and Boddy Wade.......

But none of them will do anything great, if the line fails......That is the bottom line.

And my major area of concern is still the Right Side of the O line with this team.....Most all the other pieces are in place.
    I'm hoping for some sweat suprises from the Right O line side....

Nordic Ned
    Thank you my friend.

As a matter of fact, I am not even worried about the Rights side of the OL this year.
    We did run alot to it during pre-season and they did OK.
    Additionally, with a couple exceptions, the OL also didn't seem to have as many (very few infact) pre-snap penalties in the pre-season.

Again, and as I've repeatedly stated, preseason doesn't really matter but it does give us indicators of what we can expect during the regular season.
    All indications are that the OL will do a heck of a lot better this year than last.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456