Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Year end grades

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Year end grades

We all know what our needs are but what would you give as a final grades

QB D
    Not even going into this one ;D It just needs to improve big time going into next year

RB A
    AD 'Nuff said CT great as well. arguably the Best RB combo in the league MM did well when given the chance, Richardsson a qyuiet good season.

WR C
    Alot of potential with Rice and Allison, Solid contributions from Wade and even Fergie on occassion and thene there is Williamson who brings this down to a C with out him I would say C+ maybe B-

TE C-
    Was mills a one game wonder or a sign of things to come let hope the latter. Shianco teases us a couple of games and then...? JimmyK Quit like alwyas but I think did alot of things that didn't get noticed.

OL-C
    Great some games horrible other games. Need more help at RG and RT and I think we will be OK definatly need more depth

DL B
    The Williams Wall was great but we lack depth behind them De showed flas\hes but we have no Pass rush and some guys dissapeared.
    Edwards suspension hurt us more than we think but has a great upside. Robison has potential James Career over Udezee ? i don't think has a future on the team but maybe can be involved in a trade for a player.

LB B+
    By far the most solid unit on defense. EJ Leber and Greenway played solid all year long IMHO

CB- C
    Winfield was the leader like always. But Griffit and McCauley are better suited for our nickle and Dime CB IMHO. Gordon adds nice depth

S-C
    By far the biggest question mark on defense Great 1 game horrible the next. Sharper seemeed to be consistant all year and came up with the big play when needed. Smith being a headache outplayed any big playes he cam up with. Need depth here.

ST-A-
    Kluwe may be the team MVP, Longwell solid year nothing great but made the most of opportunities. KR/PR Hard to say since we used severla people back there. But Allison has the most potential. Vinny Churchu I thought did well in his role.

Re: Year end grades

Nice job.. Pretty much agree with all of your grades. I wish we would have got to see more of Garrett Mills this season. Why wasnt he getting the opprotunity to play? Maybe he can be a pretty good pass catching TE and we wont have to draft one or sign Eric Johnson. I wish I would have got to see more of him though. I did see him in college and he was great, I think he might of actually led the nation in catches or close to it. I know he led all TE's in catches and yards in college.

briannord is offline Rookie

I agree with everything except the D line should be a C with the horrible pass rush.
    The running backs would be a A if Adrian Peterson could pass block.
    He makes the team predictable and that puts running backs at A- B+.
    He also cant catch.

A record low for passing yards and touchdowns should be an F----------.

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"Garland" wrote:
    We all know what our needs are but what would you give as a final grades

QB D
    Not even going into this one ;D It just needs to improve big time going into next year

RB A
    AD 'Nuff said CT great as well. arguably the Best RB combo in the league MM did well when given the chance, Richardsson a qyuiet good season.

WR C
    Alot of potential with Rice and Allison, Solid contributions from Wade and even Fergie on occassion and thene there is Williamson who brings this down to a C with out him I would say C+ maybe B-

TE C-
    Was mills a one game wonder or a sign of things to come let hope the latter. Shianco teases us a couple of games and then...? JimmyK Quit like alwyas but I think did alot of things that didn't get noticed.

OL-C
    Great some games horrible other games. Need more help at RG and RT and I think we will be OK definatly need more depth

DL B
    The Williams Wall was great but we lack depth behind them De showed flas\hes but we have no Pass rush and some guys dissapeared.
    Edwards suspension hurt us more than we think but has a great upside. Robison has potential James Career over Udezee ? i don't think has a future on the team but maybe can be involved in a trade for a player.

LB B+
    By far the most solid unit on defense. EJ Leber and Greenway played solid all year long IMHO

CB- C
    Winfield was the leader like always. But Griffit and McCauley are better suited for our nickle and Dime CB IMHO. Gordon adds nice depth

S-C
    By far the biggest question mark on defense Great 1 game horrible the next. Sharper seemeed to be consistant all year and came up with the big play when needed. Smith being a headache outplayed any big playes he cam up with. Need depth here.

ST-A-
    Kluwe may be the team MVP, Longwell solid year nothing great but made the most of opportunities. KR/PR Hard to say since we used severla people back there. But Allison has the most potential. Vinny Churchu I thought did well in his role.
    Yo did pretty well there. I like your grading process. It was very thought out and truth ful and very informative. That is what I love about this site. Its more than just a few things. very informatiive not just for the fans that know
    what is going on but I who know alot about the NFL and football have alreay learned alot here and get more in depth thoughts. and i really feel like i fit in cause I know alot but can learn so much more also.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

CB- C
    I am glad to see someone agrees with me. We need to pick up a stud in FA. Asante Samuel.

Frostbite is offline Coach

Well....8 and 8 equals an all around C in my book. Better than last year but LOTS of room for major improvements in 08.

For the folks still thinking our DBs are weak I would contest that based on three very important factors.

1. We had more passes thrown against us than any other NFL team

2. We used blitz packages a lot to get pressure on opposing Qbs, which left these guys in man coverage way to often

3. Being number one against the run was not all our defensive front 4. Some of it was because of good tackles made by the DBs on the corners, or coming up in support.

I really believe if we get a better pass rush in 08 (Good enough that we can get more pressure without so much blitzing) these guys will look like Valkyrie Warriors from Asgard in the secondary (Very Good Indeed).

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Udeze was solid all year, he led the team in sacks i believe with 5.5, and hes real good at stopping the run he has a future with this team

Thanks josdin00

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"tb04512" wrote:
    Udeze was solid all year, he led the team in sacks i believe with 5.5, and hes real good at stopping the run he has a future with this team
    Leber tied him at 5.5 but that is still a bad number to lead a team with Sack Totals. Even though I like the DE players we have I wonder sometimes if we are doing to much rotating with them.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Overall very nice, not much to argue, but I will add something, you knew I would.
    ;D

OL - They really need to work on thier line play when it comes to shifting between running and passing plays based on what the defense shows pre-snap.
    Most of that falls to the C and QB as they make thier calls at the line.
    Best evidence of that is the last game.

I disagree with the guys who think Herrera and Cook aren't/won't be a good right side for years to come.
    Both had gaffs, Cook more so than ole 64 but you gotta admit he faced some pretty good DE's this year and his play was better than expected. I look for those young guys to give our QB's protection for years to come as well as providing running lanes for our backs as well.

DL - They did as well as could be expected.
    Maintained thier level of play against the run but still lack that ability to put consistent pressure on the QB without help from the LB's/S.

This IMHO is what is wrong with our pass coverage as well.
    Young CB's will be exposed if they have to try to cover forever.
    Get a DE that can get you consistent pressure and our CB will be instant heros.

QB - TJ needs to really work on his generalship type stuff on the field as well as his deep ball accuracy.
    He needs to help his Backs out with proper pre-snap line calls.
    He and Birk, as I said previously also need to work on thier ability to make those calls to ensure that if an audible is to be called the correct adjustments are made to the passing scheme.

Coaching staff - As most of you know I don't see much fault here.
    I do think they have done a great job with this team and other than a few issues I don't see much changing.

The experience garnered by this team this year will allow for more creativity that you all harp for and you will see the other part of the offense (passing) come out next year as the teame continues to mature and broden thier abililties to play this game at the NFL level.

Front Office - I didn't see a grade for them.
    I will give them a B+.

Draft.
    Excellent job of scouting/finding/getting players that fit the coaches scheme.
    FA.
    Probably give them a passing grade here if for nothing else than restraining for running amuck in a poor FA pool that was over priced last year.
    Lets hope they get what we need to make the team better next year.
    PR Dept.
    They get a D-.
    They need to work the masses/media in an effort to try to sell the team and what they are doing.
    Ownership.
    I give the Wilf Ownership a A. Heres to your continued efforts to keep the team were it belongs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast