Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:This IS the year...

XTAP59 wrote:
    Holmstrom wrote:
    I'm not so much saying that this IS the year. I'm saying This HAS to be the year, because they likely won't be this good next year. Even if Favre returns what are the odds he'll play at this level for a whole other season.

We've got to take advantage of what we hav ethis year because there is no guarantee we'll have a team playing this good next year...

Jared Allen is playing lights out this year. Theres no guarantee he'll play at this level again. AD is in his prime. CT is getting older....

The window is wide open this year and will be smaller every year after. I said if they didn't do it in '98, it'd never happen. But I believe they've been given a second chance.

If it doesn't happen this year I won't say never, but it looks that way. Just ask my dad. He's been a fan since the 60's.
    Very true. Pat Williams is getting up there and lets not forget the potential four game suspension for both Pat and Kevin next year.

But, except for Favre, everyone else is still in prime time form. I see several years of dominance.
    Big Pat will be a loss, but I wonder, how much of a loss.

In case no one else has been watching, Mr. Kennedy has been making some damn nice plays and appears to be the cat that is gonna replace the big man.

Will he be as dominant as ole 94? Probably not, but I don't see that big of an issue.

As to the Noodle. Lets not forget. This team won 10 games last year without him with the likes of Gus and TJ not to mention a turnstyle at C, a C playing RT and B-wade as the slot option.

Again, this staff appears to be only adding players (most of them young) not loosing them. Why would anyone think they wouldn't continue to do that?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    [quote]XTAP59 wrote:
    Holmstrom wrote:
    I'm not so much saying that this IS the year. I'm saying This HAS to be the year, because they likely won't be this good next year. Even if Favre returns what are the odds he'll play at this level for a whole other season.

We've got to take advantage of what we hav ethis year because there is no guarantee we'll have a team playing this good next year...

Jared Allen is playing lights out this year. Theres no guarantee he'll play at this level again. AD is in his prime. CT is getting older....

The window is wide open this year and will be smaller every year after. I said if they didn't do it in '98, it'd never happen. But I believe they've been given a second chance.

If it doesn't happen this year I won't say never, but it looks that way. Just ask my dad. He's been a fan since the 60's.
    As to the Noodle. Lets not forget. This team won 10 games last year without him with the likes of Gus and TJ not to mention a turnstyle at C, a C playing RT and B-wade as the slot option.
    Always find a way to downplay Favre. Lets not forget, Favre is playing with a ROOKIE RT and a 1ST YEAR Starting C. One of the toughest positions. Not to mention a ROOKIE WR. Oh yeah and he already won 10 with 4 to go.

Holmstrom is offline Rookie

Marrdro wrote:
    [quote]Holmstrom wrote:

Having said all that, not sure why you could possibly still think that we HAVE to win this year. It isn't like were are quote] Well, we have the perfect guy running this offense right now. He spreads the ball around, he's got all the experience you could ever want from a quarterback. Like I said, no matter who's behind center next yr, odds are QB play will diminish and so will the offense(even if Favre is back, at 41, will he hold up physically for 19 games?). AD is in his prime and RB is rough on the body. No guarantees there. We've got two very quality backs this year. Not likely next year. With Allen playing at such a high level, will he be able to keep it up for years to come.

I just think everything is in place NOW. If we keep saying NEXT YEAR, it's always gonna be that way. I buy into what Colin Cowherd always says about a team having a window to win it all, when everyone is in their prime, healthy and playing well, and that's where we are right now (except Favre, he's not prime but he's superhuman). Just afraid that we'll let it slip by and end up searching for the right QB, as AD and CO. grow older, free agency bites us, and the window closes...

As far as having won 10 games last year, I don't want to win 10 games and lose in the first round every year. We need better QB play than what we had last year...

Even with this offense, it'll be tough, damn tough, to beat G.B. again, N.O., AZ, or Indy with the way teams have been known to throw with ease on us.

Last year we had McNabb in third and long all day but he still converted time and again. While that may still be the case against teams who can pass, at least we can now score some points.
    None

fanofteam is offline Starter

Holmstrom wrote:

Even with this offense, it'll be tough, damn tough, to beat G.B. again, N.O., AZ, or Indy with the way teams have been known to throw with ease on us.

ANY TEAM we face in the first round of the playoffs will be tough wheater it's the giants, Dallas, Philly, GB

The Packers are the only team we have beat with a record over 500.

If we lose this week and Monday night vs San Fran we are only ONE game in front of them for the 2nd bye as they win the tiebreaker

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

This better be the year, waited forever! B)

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

ultravikingfan wrote:
    This better be the year, waited forever! B)
    I second that ultra!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I've changed my mind. This isn't the year.

Yes, I'm basing that off one game. If Childress can't get the team ready to finish strong against 3 weak opponents to go into the playoffs, how the hell is he going to win IN the playoffs? I see this as a season leading to disappointment. We might make the NFC Championship, but I no longer expect any more than that.

I'm just.. disappointed. This is why you don't sign coaches to extensions halfway through a season with an easy as piss schedule. I could have coached a team to 68 offensive yards in the first half. Where can I sign up?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234