Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re:This IS the year...

XTAP59 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    I gotta have more cowbell
    You're talkin' to me all wrong. That's the wrong tone. Do it again, and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron.

:cheer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4royOLtvmQ

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Welcome to the best Vikings fan site in the world, guy!! Please continue to post, much and often!

Skol!!
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Formo wrote:
    Welcome to the best Vikings fan site in the world, guy!! Please continue to post, much and often!

Skol!!
    And sometimes we talk Cowbell.

:laugh:

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Holmstrom is offline Rookie

I'm not so much saying that this IS the year. I'm saying This HAS to be the year, because they likely won't be this good next year. Even if Favre returns what are the odds he'll play at this level for a whole other season.

We've got to take advantage of what we hav ethis year because there is no guarantee we'll have a team playing this good next year...

Jared Allen is playing lights out this year. Theres no guarantee he'll play at this level again. AD is in his prime. CT is getting older....

The window is wide open this year and will be smaller every year after. I said if they didn't do it in '98, it'd never happen. But I believe they've been given a second chance.

If it doesn't happen this year I won't say never, but it looks that way. Just ask my dad. He's been a fan since the 60's.
    None

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Holmstrom wrote:
    I'm not so much saying that this IS the year. I'm saying This HAS to be the year, because they likely won't be this good next year. Even if Favre returns what are the odds he'll play at this level for a whole other season.

We've got to take advantage of what we hav ethis year because there is no guarantee we'll have a team playing this good next year...

Jared Allen is playing lights out this year. Theres no guarantee he'll play at this level again. AD is in his prime. CT is getting older....

The window is wide open this year and will be smaller every year after. I said if they didn't do it in '98, it'd never happen. But I believe they've been given a second chance.

If it doesn't happen this year I won't say never, but it looks that way. Just ask my dad. He's been a fan since the 60's.
    Very true. Pat Williams is getting up there and lets not forget the potential four game suspension for both Pat and Kevin next year.

But, except for Favre, everyone else is still in prime time form. I see several years of dominance.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

fanofteam is offline Starter

Holmstrom wrote:
    Chester is getting older. Allen is at his peak. Pat is old. The window is open for this team NOW. With N.O. being the only really strong in the NFC (compared to last year when you had NYG, CAR, PHI, ARZ), we need to take advantage and win THIS YEAR.
    Chester is a FA and will most likely get a nice size contract to be a starter someplace else in 2010.

How is the team that just kicked our Butt not a strong team ?

If AZ isn't strong then what is MN ?

I said weeks ago our weak schedule was not showing how good or bad this team really is.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I don't see Chester getting a big contract. He's 29 or 30, which is the age RB's start slowing down. RB is probably the easiest position to get someone to come in and play not bad. I'm sure he'll get offers, but not sure how large. I'd bet teams would rather take a chance on some rookies instead.

nailhead77 is offline Starter

Welcome. I am waitin to see the team plays sunday......will be a forcast i think. I agree that our pass d is suspect at best. I also dont want to play gb again. We play well sunday and my confidence in our chances will be high, we get beat and give up 400 pass yrds..............not good. we are the best run d partly because the good teams can just throw it all over on us.
    I put a sig on here before, but it expired?
    Now i have tried again but seem to be retarded.......oh well,

Floop the bears!

fanofteam is offline Starter

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    I don't see Chester getting a big contract. He's 29 or 30, which is the age RB's start slowing down. RB is probably the easiest position to get someone to come in and play not bad. I'm sure he'll get offers, but not sure how large. I'd bet teams would rather take a chance on some rookies instead.

I'm sure taylor wants to be a starter.

This offseason will be interesting as I'm pretty sure there is no salary cap in 2010 so look for a team like the Redskins to spend crazy $$$$

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Holmstrom wrote:

I still say thats a mentality that is out the window with this current regime.

Other than having to watch a few players mature on the field instead of on the bench, I love the approach they've taken with respect to building this team.

Almost every key player is on a long term contract. Bench is starting to get some really talented cats sitting there learning. Not sure about this year, but we seem to always have some cash in the bank for a few FA that can come in and fix a hole.

For me, this team is still getting better. Some of our 3 and 4 year players aren't even in thier prime. Some of our older corps players have at least 3 years or so in them.

Sure, there are one or two that will be let loose, but hey, it happens. Its the nature of the game. I know one cat on here who was about ready to cut his throat when Joey Browner was let loose. I can show you a monster thread were a select few thought our passing attack was gone because we lost Moss. Hell, theres even a small contingent left who thought it was all over cause Daunte copped an attitude and left.

Guess what, someone has filled those shoes.

Having said all that, not sure why you could possibly still think that we HAVE to win this year. It isn't like were are the Deadskins who have mortgaged the bank (Both financially and draft pics) to try to win NOW.

This team is gonna be competitive for many years to come IMHO.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast