Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Holmstrom is offline Rookie

This IS the year...

Hello. New member here, from Ohio, so I don't get much Vikings conversation in my life. That's why I decided to join up...

I think the pressure is on the Vikes (and us fans) to win the big one this year. Whatever the QB situation is next season it is likely we won't have this level of QB play next year. AD is in his prime. Chester is getting older. Allen is at his peak. Pat is old. The window is open for this team NOW. With N.O. being the only really strong in the NFC (compared to last year when you had NYG, CAR, PHI, ARZ), we need to take advantage and win THIS YEAR.

I'm concered however with our secondary. It seems we can shut down alot of teams, but teams with a good passing game give us fits. At this point I think our pass D will be our demise against teams like GB, NO, or IND...

I think we need to put Favre back in the position of game manager and get focus on dominating with our running backs. We need to get the ball in the hands of AD and CT and let them open things up for Favre. We don't want to wear Brett out and have him on the ground too many times down the stretch here....

I just needed to get that off my chest and hopefully I'll get some feedback.

Go VIKINGS!!!!
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:This IS the year...

Welcome to the site my friend. Post well and often.

As to a few of your points...

a. Don't worry. The noodle is coming back next year. If he doesn't, then TJ will take over.

b. As to players getting old. That shouldn't be an issue if your FO pukes continually refresh the team with new young talent via the draft, sprinkled with a few key FA signings.

c. Our secondary plays fine when the whole defense executes and does thier job. Get pressure from the front 4, allows the LB'rs to roam and make plays and doesn't allow time for the recievers to squat in the zones that are available when the CB's hand recievers over to the S's.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Holmstrom wrote:
    Hello. New member here, from Ohio, so I don't get much Vikings conversation in my life. That's why I decided to join up...

I think the pressure is on the Vikes (and us fans) to win the big one this year. Whatever the QB situation is next season it is likely we won't have this level of QB play next year. AD is in his prime. Chester is getting older. Allen is at his peak. Pat is old. The window is open for this team NOW. With N.O. being the only really strong in the NFC (compared to last year when you had NYG, CAR, PHI, ARZ), we need to take advantage and win THIS YEAR.

I'm concered however with our secondary. It seems we can shut down alot of teams, but teams with a good passing game give us fits. At this point I think our pass D will be our demise against teams like GB, NO, or IND...

I think we need to put Favre back in the position of game manager and get focus on dominating with our running backs. We need to get the ball in the hands of AD and CT and let them open things up for Favre. We don't want to wear Brett out and have him on the ground too many times down the stretch here....

I just needed to get that off my chest and hopefully I'll get some feedback.

Go VIKINGS!!!!
    Valkommen and SKOL!

I always believe this IS the year...until it isn't.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

welcome

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Welcome from a fellow Ohio Viking fan.

And yes, this is the year the Vikings win it all. Nostradamus predicted it.

Nostradmus Predicts Vikings Super Bowl Winner

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: This IS the year...

Where at in Ohio?

Skol and welcome first though!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I'm truly sorry to hear that you live in Ohio.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Steubenville, OH. Home of the Big Red, state football champions 1984, 2005, 2006.

What's the high school football like in MN???
    None

Welcome.

This is indeed our year. After the 2007 Giants, the Packers are now getting hot and will win a SB.

Rockadamus predicted it.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

The vikings are the better team, but they are not peaking going down the stretch and I wouldn't want to have to try and beat GB for the third time this season....

i hope the Vikings use Sunday's loss as a wakeup call and realize that they got beat by a hungrier team that night...

They need to get violent about running the football. With the backs, line, TE's, FB's and passing game they have there is no reason why AD should be held to 19 yards...

They flat out got their butts beat that night and I hope it motivates them to get the running game going....
    None

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast