Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Yahoo Sports 10-Pack, Vikings make 2 of them.

A story from Yahoo sports gives 10-pack of points on the league, Vikings are subject of two of them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApkuzwlCq_IMnqDy6LqNhvj.uLYF?slug=packvi kesblewitbypassing&prov=tsn&type=lgns

[size=14pt]10-Pack: Vikes blew it by passing on Garcia[/size]

1. Vikings' GM, coach whiff at QB

The Vikings are 1-3. They could have been 3-1, at the least. If only Vikings GM Rick Spielman and coach Brad Childress hadn't passed on signing free-agent quarterback Jeff Garcia...

They make some interesting points in this one, and have some backhanded praise for the Vikes saying we cold by 4-0 right now.

9. Minnesota at Green Bay?

The schedule said the Vikings were playing host the Packers. The game appeared to be played at the Metrodome, but it looked and sounded a lot like a building full of Packers fans.

payoff quote from this point: "It would be a shame if the Vikings move to Los Angeles; after all, that would leave the Packers with only eight home games each season. "

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Yahoo Sports 10-Pack, Vikings make 2 of them.

I believe someone mentioned him when he was available.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I agree with florio, the man calls it as it is.

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

LOL @ the quote. very sad and true.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Heck, we should have offered Philly something for Holcomb right after the draft...we KNEW that they wouldn't keep 4 QBs...and even then we knew here that Holcomb was the odd man out.
    HE would have gotten enough reps in training camp to have most likely won the starting job...AND would have much better timing and rapport with the WRs...translation: he would have hit the wide open WRs on those long passes.
    We could just as easily have been 4-0 at this point!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I wouled have been estatic to have Garcia. I work with a Lion fan and he did not want Garcia. I told him to just wait because Garcia is the man.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

There were a lot of Packer fans.
    It drives me nuts when season ticket holders make a profit by "selling out" and let opposing fans in their seats (I know that's just my opinion though, because some reading this probably "sold out", and will try to justify it).

The season ticket holder right in front of my seats did it, and I can promise you that he'll hear it from me when I see him next.

Even though there were a lot of Pack fans, the couple of times that Vikes fans had reason to cheer, they clearly were louder than the Pack fans.
    I think we did a good job of drowning out the "go pack go" thing.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"SKOL" wrote:

It drives me nuts when season ticket holders make a profit by "selling out" and let opposing fans in their seats (I know that's just my opinion though, because some reading this probably "sold out", and will try to justify it).

The season ticket holder right in front of my seats did it, and I can promise you that he'll hear it from me when I see him next.

Even though there were a lot of Pack fans, the couple of times that Vikes fans had reason to cheer, they clearly were louder than the Pack fans.
    I think we did a good job of drowing out the "go pack go" thing.
    The vikings fans that were there definitely did their part (I know I yelled myself hoarse). I made this point about season ticket holders "selling out" last night. It makes me sick to see that many packer fans in OUR STADIUM. At the end they were singing "na na na na hey hey hey goodbye" in my ear. I had to kindly remind them that they were AWAY causing them to immediately shut up and realize how big of douchebags they were being in the opposing teams stadium.

There is no justification for selling your tickets for a profit if you're a vikings fan. None at all. Season tickets should be seen as a privilege, not a tool for making a quick buck. Us fans who can't make it to the dome 8 times a year (I'm lucky to make it once) would like to see a stadium that is at least mostly vikings fans.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Childress is a fool.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:

I think we did a good job of drowing out the "go pack go" thing.
    The vikings fans that were there definitely did their part (I know I yelled myself hoarse). I made this point about season ticket holders "selling out" last night. It makes me sick to see that many packer fans in OUR STADIUM. At the end they were singing "na na na na hey hey hey goodbye" in my ear. I had to kindly remind them that they were AWAY causing them to immediately shut up and realize how big of douchebags they were being in the opposing teams stadium.

There is no justification for selling your tickets for a profit if you're a vikings fan. None at all. Season tickets should be seen as a privilege, not a tool for making a quick buck. Us fans who can't make it to the dome 8 times a year (I'm lucky to make it once) would like to see a stadium that is at least mostly vikings fans.
    Such great wisdom for such a young Vikes fan!
    Too bad that many season ticket holders don't share your passion!
    We ROCKED the DOME though!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast