Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Yahoo Offseason Power Rankings

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    i can't believe he put the slackers that high without precious farve to throw passes randomly and hope his guy catches it. Even without the Purple shades i probably would have put the Vikings atleast a few spots higher, with all the young talent that learned under fire last year.

That was funny
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

the ranking should be a little higher IMO, no key losses exept Udeze, and the Bmac thing is still going on, but we added a good safety and a vertical threat that can catch the deep ball

Thanks josdin00

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"tb04512" wrote:
    the ranking should be a little higher IMO, no key losses exept Udeze, and the Bmac thing is still going on, but we added a good safety and a vertical threat that can catch the deep ball
    yea, but from an analysts point of view its sort of legit..

Sure we added a vertical threat, but still are a question mark at QB if he can consistently get it too that threat. Plus don't have a solid backup for that question mark QB.

We lost Richardson in favor of Tapeh.

We lost Moore in favor of Hicks.

James is hurt, lost Udeze, lost Johnson, Scott hasn't been resigned.
    Missed out on the "big name"
    DE's and added backup quality lineman.

Not tryin to be negative just looking at the team without the shades on.
    Me, I'd rank them #1, lol.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

I thought it was a decent ranking, yes we have AP but last year our team was up the creek if we couldn't pound the ball.
    What have we really done that makes us stick out of the middle of the pack?
    With our current team I still think we win 10 games at most, less if T-Jack doesn't do better or AP gets hurt.

I have high hopes for the Vikes but we're middle of the league right now, I can maybe see moving up a spot or two but I could also see us the other way a couple spots with some of the up and comers that are on the same level as the Vikings.
    I'd rate us about the same as the Cardinals right now.
    Lienart hasn't shown them the superstar ability, but he has edge and a couple dangerous recievers so he's in the same boat as T-Jack of performing in his third year.

We always forget there are more teams than just the top how many, alot of teams that had down years last year will rebound, and the Vikings are going to have to prove it on the field before they start moving up any power rankings.

ragz is offline GM

that's how you know these guys don't watch games.
    somehow tennesse is right back up there when vince young was terrible last year, they lost 2 defensive ends, added nobody on offense except for alge crumpler, and playing in a tough afc south.
    but vince young was a high pick from a big school so his poor play doesn't warrant them dropping down, or having a question at qb?
    i watched him play several times and tjack is further along than young is, but you dont hear anyone calling for young's head or saying they have no qb.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"ragz" wrote:
    that's how you know these guys don't watch games.
    somehow tennesse is right back up there when vince young was terrible last year, they lost 2 defensive ends, added nobody on offense except for alge crumpler, and playing in a tough afc south.
    but vince young was a high pick from a big school so his poor play doesn't warrant them dropping down, or having a question at qb?
    i watched him play several times and tjack is further along than young is, but you dont hear anyone calling for young's head or saying they have no qb.
    Great Post!

Those rankings are just BS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12