Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Xavier Adibi

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Xavier Adibi

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1107537
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1107523
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107512
    Quote Originally Posted by "carta4eva" #1107489
    With another signing (or two) eminent, I'm hoping Seth Olsen/ Patrick Brown get the axe before either Coop or Fusco
    Are you thinking one of them (Coop/Fusco) can move out to G? Its the only thing that I can come up with when it comes to keeping 3 C's.
    Frusco was projected by some as a G/OT and in fact he can play those positions.
    Fusco was a tackle coming out of High School but hasnt played the position since, he started 44 games at center for Slippery Rock.

I wouldn't be comfortable with putting a guy like him out there if an injury comes and im very glad to have some tackles on the roster.
    Good point Skum. Seems like our CAP problems have caused the staff to take a risk at a few positions.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107552
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1107523
    With another signing (or two) eminent, I'm hoping Seth Olsen/ Patrick Brown get the axe before either Coop or Fusco
    Are you thinking one of them (Coop/Fusco) can move out to G? Its the only thing that I can come up with when it comes to keeping 3 C's.
    Frusco was projected by some as a G/OT and in fact he can play those positions.
    Could be the plan. Truth of the matter is, almost all OLmen these days seem to be projected at multiple positions coming out.

Still doesn't really answer why they are carrying them as C's.

If your gonna use them as G or T, list them as a G or a T. That sure would clear things up a bit.
    Just a wild guess, but I don't think they list players at specific positions to make understanding the back end of football easier for ol' Marty.

He was a C, got drafted as a C, and they have him as a C. In the end, does it matter if we have 3 C's and 2 Gs or 3 G and 2C? Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1107544
    lolRyanCook
    Exactly.

The question now is, who do we blame for our new batch of Cooks?

Coaching staff? Did they say, we're good with them......

or

FO Pukes? Did they tell the staff they are good with them?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "carta4eva" #1107551
    Exactly, both of them did get time at guard during the preseason as well (the play Fusco got the awful Personal foul penalty against the Texans, he was the Left Guard)
    I watched with interest the backups in front of Ponder in the last game.

At times he was given (OK) protection, but at others, well, he sure was breaking alot of tackles/hits in the backfield.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107557
    lolRyanCook
    Exactly.

or

Why exactly are we blaming them?

We drafted some OL, and they haven't even played a damn game yet. I don't think anybody is expecting them to come in and be all-pros. They're high-potential guys who may or may not pan out. You've noticed we do have alot of OL this year? They're hoping somebody emerges as a guy they can try to invest in. If not, well, they're late round picks for a reason.

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107559
    Quote Originally Posted by "carta4eva" #1107551
    Exactly, both of them did get time at guard during the preseason as well (the play Fusco got the awful Personal foul penalty against the Texans, he was the Left Guard)
    I watched with interest the backups in front of Ponder in the last game.

At times he was given (OK) protection, but at others, well, he sure was breaking alot of tackles/hits in the backfield.
    Thing I noticed about Mr. Slippery Rock was, he got to the second level in the running game with regularity on the evening, exciting to see that type of athleticism from an unheralded small-school prospect
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "carta4eva" #1107567
    exciting to see that type of athleticism from an unheralded small-school prospect
    Oh god we haven't heard that one enough over the past 5 years.

[quote="i_bleed_purple"

Just a wild guess, but I don't think they list players at specific positions to make understanding the back end of football easier for ol' Marty.

[/quote]
    Do you really want to get in a pissing contest today? You know I can get alot fucking nastier than you can ever get.

Lets just talk football and leave the insults out of it.

He was a C, got drafted as a C, and they have him as a C. In the end, does it matter if we have 3 C's and 2 Gs or 3 G and 2C? Not really.
    So your comfortable keeping players on the roster that don't necesarily provide quality depth at certain positions?

There is a reason they were projected as Centers. Mostly its related to their mobility (need more as they move out).

Cut however you want to cut it, we have 3 players projected to go as C's that were drafted as C's. Until the team clarifies it, I will still think in the back of my head, they are centers.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107474
    Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1107449
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107447
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107443
    Wow, this is a suprise, especially considering the Texans scheme and that they have their own LB'r injury issues.
    The Texans had one of the worst defenses in all of football last year & we pick up their LB that wasn't even good enough to make their team when they are hurting at the LB position?

I'm going to go out on a limb & guess he wasn't a target because it saved them a ton of cap room.
    He was also groomed as a OLB in a 4-3 defense that was switched to a ILB under Wade Phillips 3-4 scheme.

Could simply be a problem with the fit.
    Ahhh, wasn't aware they were trying to make him an ILB. Makes sense now. Wonder why they were trying that little stunt.
    Also keep in mind DeMeco Ryans was out all season after week 6, Cushing had a suspension, they had a rookie out of Miami(Sharpton I think) who showed some flashes and they're now moving Mario Williams to outside linebacker... so there's a lot of turnover in their LB corps from last season til now. I think it's simply a square peg round hole/odd man out scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1107560
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107557
    lolRyanCook
    Exactly.

or

Why exactly are we blaming them?

We drafted some OL, and they haven't even played a damn game yet. I don't think anybody is expecting them to come in and be all-pros. They're high-potential guys who may or may not pan out. You've noticed we do have alot of OL this year? They're hoping somebody emerges as a guy they can try to invest in. If not, well, they're late round picks for a reason.
    It isn't what they have done at this point. We have starters to do that. Its what will we do when one of those starters goes down.

By the way, I'm not so sure I would call them high potential at this point.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast