Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Xavier Adibi

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Xavier Adibi

Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1107449
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107447
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107443
    Wow, this is a suprise, especially considering the Texans scheme and that they have their own LB'r injury issues.
    The Texans had one of the worst defenses in all of football last year & we pick up their LB that wasn't even good enough to make their team when they are hurting at the LB position?

I'm going to go out on a limb & guess he wasn't a target because it saved them a ton of cap room.
    He was also groomed as a OLB in a 4-3 defense that was switched to a ILB under Wade Phillips 3-4 scheme.

Could simply be a problem with the fit.
    Ahhh, wasn't aware they were trying to make him an ILB. Makes sense now. Wonder why they were trying that little stunt.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1107464
    To make room we cut Reisner, will proberly be on the PS.
    I liked that kid. Wonder why we wouldn't let one of our plethora of Centers go instead?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

With another signing (or two) eminent, I'm hoping Seth Olsen/ Patrick Brown get the axe before either Coop or Fusco
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Quote Originally Posted by "carta4eva" #1107489
    With another signing (or two) eminent, I'm hoping Seth Olsen/ Patrick Brown get the axe before either Coop or Fusco
    Are you thinking one of them (Coop/Fusco) can move out to G? Its the only thing that I can come up with when it comes to keeping 3 C's.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107512
    Are you thinking one of them (Coop/Fusco) can move out to G? Its the only thing that I can come up with when it comes to keeping 3 C's.
    Frusco was projected by some as a G/OT and in fact he can play those positions.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1107523
    Fusco was a tackle coming out of High School but hasnt played the position since, he started 44 games at center for Slippery Rock.

I wouldn't be comfortable with putting a guy like him out there if an injury comes and im very glad to have some tackles on the roster.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

'

lolRyanCook

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1107537
    Fusco was a tackle coming out of High School but hasnt played the position since, he started 44 games at center for Slippery Rock.

I wouldn't be comfortable with putting a guy like him out there if an injury comes and im very glad to have some tackles on the roster.
    What is your point? He knows how to play the position. He is a professional. Center is a lot harder than Tackle or Guard.

Lets see what Fusco has to say about it.....

Q: All of the scouting reports say that you size and toughness but not sure you have the athleticism to be a starter. What do you think?

A: I disagree with that. I think I have the athleticism to play any position in the NFL, the guard, tackle, or center. Evidently the Vikings liked me a lot. If it has to be center, Iíll play center; Iíll play center. If itís to play guard, tackle, whatever. I think I have very good feet, good size. I think I can fit any way with the Vikings.
    http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Quotes---Slippery-Rock-OL-Brandon-Fusco---April-30/9f75c3f4-b06b-4fb2-9c28-e66bde026cc8

Thank you come again.

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

Exactly, both of them did get time at guard during the preseason as well (the play Fusco got the awful Personal foul penalty against the Texans, he was the Left Guard)
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Could be the plan. Truth of the matter is, almost all OLmen these days seem to be projected at multiple positions coming out.

Still doesn't really answer why they are carrying them as C's.

If your gonna use them as G or T, list them as a G or a T. That sure would clear things up a bit.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast