Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ohioviking is offline Rookie

wut do u think of the new D coach??

is the ex jets coach gonna be a good thing for us?
    a champion is one who gets up even when he cant

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Well, if Winfield shores up our secondary, like we think he's going to do, the hiring Cottrell has already paid off. The fact that Cottrell was here was sited as one of the main reasons Winfield postponed his meeting to sign with the Jets, and came here to hear us out. That reason was also repeated by a couple of our other free agent acquisitions, but Winfield is the only one I can specifically remember. As for his on the field acumen, he did real well with the defense in Buffalo, but not quite as well with the Jets. I don't know the reasons behind that, but I know that he was respected throughout the league as a good coordinator during both of his previous assignments. I think he will work out quite nicely in Minnesota.

Of course he is. what kind of question was that?

ohioviking is offline Rookie

yea but it is not all about winfield u need more than one key player so lets hope our d fits in to Cottrell's puzzle
    a champion is one who gets up even when he cant

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Cotrell has already paid off, and will continue to pay off as time goes on. He was a great hire for us.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

eelpout72 is offline Starter

Here's a nice little article about Cotrell on a really cool website (i.e., this one). cheers anglovike

http://www.purplepride.org/articles/....cfm?newsid=79

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"josdin00" wrote:
    Well, if Winfield shores up our secondary, like we think he's going to do, the hiring Cottrell has already paid off. The fact that Cottrell was here was sited as one of the main reasons Winfield postponed his meeting to sign with the Jets, and came here to hear us out. That reason was also repeated by a couple of our other free agent acquisitions, but Winfield is the only one I can specifically remember. As for his on the field acumen, he did real well with the defense in Buffalo, but not quite as well with the Jets. I don't know the reasons behind that, but I know that he was respected throughout the league as a good coordinator during both of his previous assignments. I think he will work out quite nicely in Minnesota.

Cottrell struggled with the jets because of a large lack of talent on the d side of the ball. They had 2 good players, and the rest were old or sucked. With the talent he has to work with here, he should do really well. Hopefully when he does do well, he sin't snatched away from us immediately, for a head coaching job somewhere else. Expect us to at least have a top 10 D this year.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

muchluv I'm so impressed.... i think thats one of the first positive things I've ever heard you say... hehe just giving ya crap :P

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Well if the draft is any way to judge him I think he is going to do fine as 4 of the first 5 picks this year were defensive.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

It might take him a little while at first because its a new team with new players with talent he has to see yet. Remember we have to not have a ton of injuries to field a good d, hope you guys didnt forget about that part. We could have a lot of good players but still field a below average d with the rash of injuries every team faces each season. We need some luck along with out talent.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast