Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    porplepop is offline Training Camp

WTF? You can't hit a receiver coming over the middle anymore???????

I saw a d-back put a shoulder on a widies helmet last night and get 15 yards...

Is this National Fairies League even watchable anymore?
    Glutenous enjoyer of fantasy and football...hoping that one day the two will be joined...

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: WTF? You can't hit a receiver coming over the middle anymore???????

Didn't see it, but if he "put a shoulder on a widies helmet" he probably got called for hitting the head not because he simply hit the receiver.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"porplepop" wrote:
    I saw a d-back put a shoulder on a widies helmet last night and get 15 yards...

Is this National Fairies League even watchable anymore?
    What does coming across the middle have to do with it?

I would bet the flag was for going to the helmet intentionally.

Wow, do I have to write this out?

Ok, you see, in football when a receiver comes over the middle (i.e. he runs a post pattern, a slant, or a wheel)

he cannot see the safety (you know, the player in the defensive backfield) thus he is called a "defenseless receiver"

when he is hit by this safety this player uses his shoulder, forearm, and part of his helmet to "jar" (meaning to knock) the football out of his hands.

It has gone on for many years in the national f******* league and just recently has gotten the ok to be flagged as a blatant "unsportsman act...

Therefore causing me to yell "kiss my ass you dumbshit ref," this is self explanatory...
    Glutenous enjoyer of fantasy and football...hoping that one day the two will be joined...

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Again, I didn't see the play.

But in your first post you said the WR was hit on the helmet. The helmet protects the head which is propped up by the neck. Both the head and neck are in danger of severe injury if the hit occurs on the head.

If the hit was on the head a flag is warranted. If not, then I don't know its probably a bad call.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"porplepop" wrote:

Ok, you see, in football when a receiver comes over the middle (i.e. he runs a post pattern, a slant, or a wheel)

he cannot see the safety (you know, the player in the defensive backfield) thus he is called a "defenseless receiver"

when he is hit by this safety this player uses his shoulder, forearm, and part of his helmet to "jar" (meaning to knock) the football out of his hands.

It has gone on for many years in the national f******* league and just recently has gotten the ok to be flagged as a blatant "unsportsman act...

Therefore causing me to yell "kiss my ass you dumbshit ref," this is self explanatory...
    Yes you do need to write it out.. how the hell are we supposed to know what your talking about. I know about the rule you speak of and you can hit the receiver but not up top like that anymore... to many concussions and other injuries that way.

so just hit him, but not if he's leading with his head, then you just have to matador him as he runs to the endzone

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"porplepop" wrote:

I believe a defenseless player is a player suspended in the air.

The new rule is you may not hit a defenseless receiver with a helmet, shoulder, or forearm in the helmet. And I think that's fair. There's no reason to, if he's suspended, a player can be taken down by virtually any hit there's no need to go for the head. The NFL is full of freaks, the games not what it used to be. Carson Palmer has a great quote about it in the NFL Preview issue of SI, but I don't care to go get it and re-write it for him.

And a wheel route is not run across the middle. Not even close.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"Mr" wrote:
    "porplepop" wrote:

The new rule is you may not hit a defenseless receiver with a helmet, shoulder, or forearm in the helmet. And I think that's fair. There's no reason to, if he's suspended, a player can be taken down by virtually any hit there's no need to go for the head. The NFL is full of freaks, the games not what it used to be. Carson Palmer has a great quote about it in the NFL Preview issue of SI, but I don't care to go get it and re-write it for him.

I know what your talking about... to paraphrase he said that someone is going to die in the NFL, its going to happen. Unlike years ago, players like Mario Williams who is 300+ pounds, 6'6 and runs 4.74... the players today are freaks...

Those are not the exact words, but is what i remember.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"erik5032" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "porplepop" wrote:

I know what your talking about... to paraphrase he said that someone is going to die in the NFL, its going to happen. Unlike years ago, players like Mario Williams who is 300+ pounds, 6'6 and runs 4.74... the players today are freaks...

Those are not the exact words, but is what i remember.
    Yeah something like that, he mentioned Mario Williams by name saying he's 6'7" 300 pounds and runs 4.7(4.67 I believe) and that he thinks someone's gonna get killed on the field.

Roethlisberger then goes on to call himself a star, and says no one wants to watch the game without the stars. And that he's looking down field and can't always see the rush coming low... what a douche bag.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast