Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Del Rio Guest

Re: WTF? Strange cuts.

"oakmage" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Scott is a loss IMO.

Not liking the Childress pre-season era, but like I have said I will bite my tongue until he shows us the finished product.

When I say that I mean an entire season of games
    I think the rest of us fans should take that view but speaking of myself and not anyone else try as I might I must admit that I do not have that fortitude to be able to do that with some of the moves that have been made i.e. signing all of those ex eagles players most notable the ones who never could play,(I personally think that by not naming a #2 is a good thing, because it will keep both of our backup quarterbacks working to get that #2 position and it also says that just because a person might have more playing expertise if the other person is playing better he is going to play him.
    On (McMahon) or had no guts (Pinkston).
    I will try though I promise I will
    Oh you wont be the only one Oakmage. There will be plenty of people crying about Childress all throughout the season.

Hell you could go 15 wins straight and lose the 16th game and there would be some numbnut screaming I told you so!

We just got done with PRESEASON and you have people trying to crucify him.

If you do not stoop lower then the lowest your cries will probably go unrecongnized or if you try to weave some form of logic into your chicken little dance it will all be kosher.

Prophet Guest

Carter is on the practice squad.

boognish is offline Coordinator

"Prophet" wrote:
    Good deal, I was worried somebody else would take him. Another question...is it possible to "promote" players from your practice squad to the roster during the course of the regular season? If there's an injury? If you just don't like the play of another guy at that position?
    I am a dipshit!!!

Prophet Guest

"boognish" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Good deal, I was worried somebody else would take him. Another question...is it possible to "promote" players from your practice squad to the roster during the course of the regular season? If there's an injury? If you just don't like the play of another guy at that position?
    My understanding is yes.
    You have to take a slot from the 53-man roster to do it.
    Conversely, any other team can grab someone off your practice squad as long as they put them on the 53-man roster.
    The only benefit, as far as I understand this, of putting someone on the practice squad is that they can't be picked up off the wire and tossed onto someone else's practice squad.
    One level of protection for protecting the player, but the player is still a free agent for all practical purposes...as long as the team that nabs them puts them on the active roster.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

If what u say is true we should grab bam childress from the patriots he had an awesome game against the cards

Del Rio Guest

Each NFL team may keep up to eight members on their "practice squad" in addition to their 53-member main roster. They consist mostly of rookies who were cut in training camps and borderline NFL-caliber players. Both rookies and young veterans are eligible for the practice squad. However, a player cannot participate on the practice squad for more than two seasons. Practice squad players practice alongside regular roster players during the week; however they are not allowed to play in actual games. They are paid considerably less that active squad players ($4000 per week or $64,000 per season, in comparison to the NFL minimum rookie salary of $225,000). They are also ineligible for many fringe benefits such as service time, pensions, and the like. They hope to be promoted to the active roster either by their current team, or by another team who is scouting them. They retain free agent status and may sign with any team they wish without compensation to the original team. Many are former college players living in the surrounding city area, and the vast majority of them are forced to take other jobs to help support themselves during the season and off-season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12