Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    swannyb is offline Training Camp

Re: WTF? ESPN QB poll

To say that Grossman led the Bears to the Super Bowl is a slap in the face to both the great Bears D and Thomas Jones.
    I'm sorry but I'm tired of people saying the Rex lead the Bears to the Super Bowl.
    He was a caretaker for an offense that scored just enough to get wins and the defense had to kick in a fair amount on that scoring.
    Remember Kyle Orton won 10 games the year before and there's no way in hell I'd rather have him the T-Jack.
    Put Rex on a team that has to reply on him and I get they don't win double digits, let along get to the big show but that's just my opinion which is barely worth "two cents".

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    A quick glance at the list and I would put him last.
    Nobody knows him and he is greener than Gazoo.
    He has been deemed the messiah by some, so he will rise.
    Culpepper may be done forever, Frye was so great that the Browns made a huge trade into the first round to get Quinn, Russell has not even thrown a pass and he playes for the Raiders.
    First off, this poll is more meaningless than most polls since it is done by the most retarded group of people, the fans.
    TJack has done nothing, but get thrown into the NFL too early last season in a tough situation, he wasn't ready.
    He said he wasn't ready, the coaches said he wasn't ready.
    Frye may suck ass, but he has played the game.
    Culpepper may be done, but he has history.
    Russell went #1 in the draft and comes in from a Div 1 school.
    I can't see putting him higher than last place even if this was a legitimate poll.

Do I think that's where he'll be?
    Hell no.
    There is just nothing to rate him on other than the performances when he was tossed in the mix last season.
    I stand by putting him last in that list for the time being.
    That has absolutely nothing to do with where I think he'll be by the end of the season.
    I'm going with right at this moment.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"swannyb" wrote:
    To say that Grossman led the Bears to the Super Bowl is a slap in the face to both the great Bears D and Thomas Jones.
    I'm sorry but I'm tired of people saying the Rex lead the Bears to the Super Bowl.
    He was a caretaker for an offense that scored just enough to get wins and the defense had to kick in a fair amount on that scoring.
    Remember Kyle Orton won 10 games the year before and there's no way in hell I'd rather have him the T-Jack.
    Put Rex on a team that has to reply on him and I get they don't win double digits, let along get to the big show but that's just my opinion which is barely worth "two cents".
    I udnerstand the defense was the key part of that team, but Grossman has proven more than T Jack, there is no denying that. IMO T Jack has more potential, but he just hasnt proven a thing yet.

swannyb is offline Training Camp

I can agree that Rex has shown more but I (again just me) would rather have the potential with this young QB but I'm a gambler so I could also be burned sometimes.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    I can't see putting him higher than last place even if this was a legitimate poll.
    He may not be in last place in this garbage poll but he and the Raiders will be in last place in their division at the end of this season.
    The Raiders suck!

Sorry, I can't control the hater in me sometimes.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Culpepper may be done forever, Frye was so great that the Browns made a huge trade into the first round to get Quinn, Russell has not even thrown a pass and he playes for the Raiders.
    First off, this poll is more meaningless than most polls since it is done by the most retarded group of people, the fans.
    TJack has done nothing, but get thrown into the NFL too early last season in a tough situation, he wasn't ready.

Hell no.
    There is just nothing to rate him on other than the performances when he was tossed in the mix last season.
    That has absolutely nothing to do with where I think he'll be by the end of the season.
    I can agree with that. I will say bottem 10 maybe even 5, but based on potential and where they will be I just didn't see him as last. Lets just hope it doesn't come anywhere close to true,

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Hell no.
    I can agree with that. I will say bottem 10 maybe even 5, but based on potential and where they will be I just didn't see him as last. Lets just hope it doesn't come anywhere close to true,
    Based on potential he moves way up the list.
    If he doesn't Chilly will be looking for properties in Siberia.
    I love what I've read about Tarvaris' attitude.
    He has what it takes upstairs it appears, it will be fun to see him develop over the course of the year.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

bono is offline Hall of Famer

YIPPIE! Favre is ranked sixth!!!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I can't say I disagree with it. Tarvaris has proven less than pretty much every quarterback on that list. Face it, he's not a well known guy in the NFL and he didn't do that well in his two starts. He has to earn his way out of that spot.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I wouldn't say Tarvaris is #32...but I really don't know.

I can see why he'd be down there though. He only started like 3 games last year and NEVER made Sportscenter. Outside of Vikings fans, people don't know him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast