Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WR's.........

slowlow is offline Rookie

WR's.........

I hear on these forums that some people say we need mike williams in the draft...............MIKE WILLIAMS! they say get him at #7, and get a linbacke at #18..... a WR why. We got Travis Taylor already offense looks great to me already

alberta_vike is offline Starter

WR's.........

I agree with you. With a little luck, Derrick Johnson might fall to #7, and is he is there, they had better take him. I think they should look at WR's in the 2nd or 3rd round, or maybe with the 18th pick depending on who is their. At this point though, I don't think they need to use the #7 on a WR.

WR's.........

We still dont have a true #1 WR. Burleson is awesome, but we haven't seen him line up against a #1 corner yet. Travis Taylor is coming on to the Vikings with an underachieving track record and hopefully he can play like a #10 pick should play. For now, he is no more than a #3 WR. Robinson is decent, is not meant to be a #1 or #2...he is a good 3 or 4 option. Kelly Campbell will be riding the pine like he did last year.

In order to make our offense tick, we either need to get a true #1 WR or a STUD RB. We need this because the WR would help open the run game, and the RB would help open up the pass. We need one of the two to give way in order for us to be successful.

Culpepper is going to be seeing defenses he has never seen this year and it is not going to be easy. Instead of seeing safeties hanging out 30 yards off the line, they will be blitzing, creeping up to the line, player closer, etc. If the D is going to play us tighter, we need to be able to shove it down their throats and make them pay.

Sorry for the ramble, but its just how I feel about our O right now. We are better on D, but we still need to score points.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

dbalke10 is offline Training Camp

WR's.........

I think that Mike Williams is the one true game changing player in the draft. The texas linebacker DJ being the second. We have enough possession receivers but with possibly only Campbell being the only true deep speed threat. I am convinced that the Vikes will remember what a screen is this year and Mewelde will have 70 catches, but would still like to see us get Mike. If we go the other way, its going to take me a game or two to adjust to a Minnesota team that would be a defensive powerhouse. With the extra possessions that we would get, we would probably score about the same amount. But you want mock drafts? check out this site. Don't worry about the sitename... trust me. http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm
    Most football teams are temperamental.That s 90% temper and 10% mental.
    --Doug Plank

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

WR's.........

This all just adds to tices plan to have a solid run game....I wont be surprised to see us nab a Back and or trade one of ours .....but I agree that we dont have a true number 1 yet...not untill nate goes one on one with a top corner....so untill then we do need another WR and or RB (2 more posts till i hit the 100 mark!!!)

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

JLDII is offline Rookie

WR's.........

Williams might be the best reciever to come out of the draft since Randy Moss.

Burleson needs to prove himself to be a true #1.

Robinson is pretty good, but has only lived up to his hype one season.

Taylor has been handicapped in Baltimore, and this is his first chance to really make an impact with a good offense. He should make a great slot reciever.

Kelly Campbell, while fast, doesn't get open. Has a crap attitude. Has been in the dog house more than out of it the last two years. Has felony gun theft and drug charges pending in Georgia, and most likely will not be on the team come opener.

I think if we pick up Williams this year, he gets plenty of playing time, and next year he steps into a starting position.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to slide into it broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming at the top of your lungs......
    "WOW, What a ride!"

elgordo is offline Rookie

WR's.........

The fact of the matter is that Mike Williams will probably not be there at no. 7 the way his stock has been rising after his pro day.

koolkev8 is offline Starter

WR's.........

I really can't wait to see what goes down in the draft though... I can tell this draft is goin to be a good one!!!
    [img:aa98b2ef5d]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/koolkev8/memory.jpg[/img:aa98b2ef5d][img:aa98b2ef5d]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/koolkev8/gift1.jpg[/img:aa98b2ef5d][img:aa98b2ef5d]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/koolkev8/akhfl.jpg[/img:a

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

WR's.........

Why Mike Williams !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you seen him play. He is 6-4 225lbs and runs a 4.6 40. I am a big USC fan and watch thier games as much as possible. HE has Terrell Owens size with speed and Chris Carter hands. If he is there at #7 the vikes would be foolish not to grab him. Getting Travis Taylor only assured me of one thing, that being that Kelly Cambell will not be on the field. Leaving Cambell as a #3 reciever is a mistake. He is small and could never make an entire season, he is small and cannot get away from bump and run coverage, he is small and can be stopped at the line of scrimmage. Cambell had 19 catches last year and averaged 19.2 yards per catch. That tells me all he does is catch a home run ball now and then. The vikes need a good possesion reciever so they can methodically march down the field and use up clock as well as get into the endzone. With Williams you have a big 6-4 225lb reciver taht can get open vs man to man for a first down 75% of the time.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

Angryviking is offline Starter

WR's.........

I say if Williams is there we get him, but if not dump the idea of going w/ a WR in the first round. we still have other issues to confront. LB still are a question mark and it would be nice to get another good pass rusher. but i wouldn't panic and just pick up a WR to say we picked one up. this draft is loaded w/ WRs true not the size and speed of Williams but still some decent ones out there
    b07c3df44d1c1ef4f2f2dc468267cdf3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast