Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wrong ball to blame for missed FG?

I thought the K ball was the more difficult one to kick.

The whole purpose was to make it more difficult for the K to kick long FG so they would have to try and prolong a drive by playing another down.

Maybe I have selective memory but that seems like the reason they introduce the 2 type of footballs.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I'm not sure if he would have caught the runner, but there was a pretty blatant hold on one of our linemen trying to cut him off ( Birk?) I though it was Birk, but is he in on kicks? At any rate it was a blatant hold that should have nullified the TD IMHO

I noticed that also, and I think it was Birk, looked more like a hold from behind, then he pushed him to the turf in the back......

It was a penalty for sure, but the refs can't see them all........He would have never gotten him anyways, he was a good 15 yards from the play......And I don't think Birk is going to run down that guy....LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I'm not sure if he would have caught the runner, but there was a pretty blatant hold on one of our linemen trying to cut him off ( Birk?) I though it was Birk, but is he in on kicks? At any rate it was a blatant hold that should have nullified the TD IMHO

I noticed that also, and I think it was Birk, looked more like a hold from behind, then he pushed him to the turf in the back......

It was a penalty for sure, but the refs can't see them all........He would have never gotten him anyways, he was a good 15 yards from the play......And I don't think Birk is going to run down that guy....LOL
    Yeah, I don't think he would have caught him either, but a penalty is a penalty and that one would have wiped out a record against the vikings that will unfortunately never be erased.

Regardless, against the Vikings or not, that was still one hell of a return, let alone a catch.
    Did you see how close he was to stepping out initially, haha, i was screaming for a challenge but I would have ended up looking like Romeo Crennel.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"MinnesotaFury" wrote:
    Regardless, against the Vikings or not, that was still one hell of a return, let alone a catch.
    Did you see how close he was to stepping out initially, haha, i was screaming for a challenge but I would have ended up looking like Romeo Crennel.
    ??? Hell of a return? I don't think so.

It seemed like more than half the Vikings were standing around wondering WTF is he doing? It wasn't until he started blowing up the field around the 30 (TTBOMK) when the Vikings finally started going after him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "MinnesotaFury" wrote:

It seemed like more than half the Vikings were standing around wondering WTF is he doing? It wasn't until he started blowing up the field around the 30 (TTBOMK) when the Vikings finally started going after him.

They sure did let their guard down on that one, and most will blame the coach, but this is the game of football and these are pro's that are on the field and have played the game their whole lives.
    If they don't know this simple ST's rule by now, maybe they should go back to a Pee Wee league and learn it again..

No excuse, no excuse at all.....................

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "MinnesotaFury" wrote:

They sure did let their guard down on that one, and most will blame the coach, but this is the game of football and these are pro's that are on the field and have played the game their whole lives.
    If they don't know this simple ST's rule by now, maybe they should go back to a Pee Wee league and learn it again..

This goes right back to a play by AD when he improperly fielded the KO.
    Coaches coach, and players play.

The players screwed the pooch for just heading to the bench after the kick.
    The coaches screwed the pooch for not making sure they were ready to defend this type of play.

Some feel we shouldn't be wasting precious practice time on stuff like this.
    I am not one of them.

As with ADs muff, this one will be revisited this week as a refresher from what they learned in OTA/Pre-season and it won't happen again I bet.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I saw it too!!
    Many times, and it was on Mount McKinnie, around mid field, near the sideline...sure he's big and slow and might miss, but he might knock that mother fucker right out too!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

All in all, yup, should have been expecting that...Longwell has never made one that long before, you have to at least think its a possibility.
    Two FG attempts that turn into opposing TDs in one season?!??!???
    Boy, that better be the end of it!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "MinnesotaFury" wrote:

This goes right back to a play by AD when he improperly fielded the KO.
    Coaches coach, and players play.

The players screwed the pooch for just heading to the bench after the kick.
    The coaches screwed the pooch for not making sure they were ready to defend this type of play.

Some feel we shouldn't be wasting precious practice time on stuff like this.
    I am not one of them.

As with ADs muff, this one will be revisited this week as a refresher from what they learned in OTA/Pre-season and it won't happen again I bet.

;D

I just believe, it's just as important for the players to know all the in's and out's of the game as it is for the coaches....

Every time our players or player makes a bad dicision on the field, I won't be the one to jump on the coach right away.

Thats like saying, the coaches need to explain every rule in the book that could come into play for that single situation....
    That would and couldn't ever happen....

I think the players mostly let they rule laps their memory, except to two or three players who looked like they did know what was going on......

I know BC knew what was happening, because he was pissed....LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast