Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wrapping up minicamp - 10 observations

"OchoCinco" wrote:
    I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in this article, remember, it is the Vikings official website and they tend to put a positive spin on everything. Notice there is no info on the QB situation, ( hmmmmmmmm...curious...) and they seem to put a positive light on every position. I doubt if you will get a whole lot of insider info here...
    I thought it was pretty straight forward.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but all articles should be optimistic (positive spin) at this time.
    All we have is hope until we see the TEAM on the field.
    There is no doom or gloom from a injured top notch player that they have to spin positive or anyone trying to hold out.
    It is all good!

About the QB, I think this might be propaganda at its finest.
    LOL..... They don't want other teams knowing if there is a controversey or if another player is being favored.
    I wouldn't worry about it, it doesn't matter much.
    One of the QBs will have to start the season.
    Once again, it is all good until they start playing then we will see if it is really good or bad.

Lots of additions to the team and lots of hope to go along with it.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "OchoCinco" wrote:
    I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in this article, remember, it is the Vikings official website and they tend to put a positive spin on everything. Notice there is no info on the QB situation, ( hmmmmmmmm...curious...) and they seem to put a positive light on every position. I doubt if you will get a whole lot of insider info here...

Not trying to be a smart ass, but all articles should be optimistic (positive spin) at this time.
    There is no doom or gloom from a injured top notch player that they have to spin positive or anyone trying to hold out.
    It is all good!

LOL..... They don't want other teams knowing if there is a controversey or if another player is being favored.
    Once again, it is all good until they start playing then we will see if it is really good or bad.

I disagree that all articles should be positive. Articles should be as unbiased as possible. I get your point that everything should be positive during the offseason but I think an unbiased article would point out the flaws as well as the strengths of the players.

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "OchoCinco" wrote:

Not trying to be a smart jiggly butt, but all articles should be optimistic (positive spin) at this time.
    It is all good!

I disagree that all articles should be positive. Articles should be as unbiased as possible. I get your point that everything should be positive during the offseason but I think an unbiased article would point out the flaws as well as the strengths of the players.
    This is more of what I meant,
    I was saying that don't expect the Vikings official web site to give you anything but rainbows and sunshine.
    Many people tend to take these articles and start the "run to the superbowl talk", just know that you are just getting half the story here, that's all.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

I agree with ya Ocho. Viking.com articles always make me feel all warm and snuggly inside and always enjoy reading them.
    But I hope that everybody knows that they are biased for a reason.

This article was good.
    In general it didn't hype the team as much as some do. I appreciated that they didn't try feeding us shit in the part about the right side of the O-line.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12