Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moss284 is offline Waterboy

WR is not an emergency in our team

<font size="3"><font color="purple">You people have to understand that its not an emergency to get another wideout. Vikings had the #1 offense in the NFL last year, with bates out on injuries and Moss, Campbell and Burleson stepping up to make big plays. It just wasn't them stepping up, give credit to that monster O-Line and Moe Williams and SOD (steal of draft) Onterrio Smith. Culpepper had a great year, he signed a huge contract and showed hes worth every penny.

We need more help on defense. If I was in the Vikings position, I would sign Marcellus Wiley and Jason Gildon. To think about it, I would not really want Ian Gold in our team. Gold just tore his ACL he needs more time to recover then a measely 4 months.

The only reason I would go after Gildon is so we can draft D.J. Williams (U.M) in the draft and make Gildon teach him everything he knows so he can be a big bad ass in the future.

I like the idea of bringin in Tai Streets, hes pretty fast and he can get the job done. He played pretty good under T.O. and he cant ask for alot of money cuz hes always been a #2 receiver.

I would go in the later rounds so we can draft for special teams, cuz our special teams sucks. We need sum speed return men. Other than that, we should be fine.
    </font id="purple"></font id="size3">
    I dont care what anyone says... Moss is the best receiver in NFL History!!!

I agree with you completely. We need all the help on defense we can get. Antione Winfield is a great asset, but we also need a better pass rush. Our special teams were pretty weak last season, so that is also a concern. Our offense is not the problem, we need defense and then more defense! Vikes 2005!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Kleinsasser is offline Rookie

I agree also dude. I mean, don't we still have Burley and Campbell? Campbell IS fast, and Burleson has great hands. Throw them a few more balls. Burley in the slot will provide a great deep threat opposite moss, and burley as #2 will give us another posession threat on big 3rd and maybe 4th downs.
    Latoya Jackson: "Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub...Yay God!"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Well wiley isn't even scheduled to visit us and gildon is not even a free agent so I don't know what your talking about. This has already been discussed, we most likely will draft a DE if smith or Udeze drops, otherwise I would rather take a great player than draft for need and get an average player.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

our d line was 10 times better when we moved williams inside anyway! but I agree we need a DE and I keep saying we need to look at Streets....Why don't they know that?

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

It may not be an emergency situation that needs to be addressed, but it is something that I think we need to look at. We need another CONSISTENT WR. I like both Burleson and Campbell, but I don't think that they're qualified #2 receivers. We need someone that can fill that space

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by triedandtruevikesfan

It may not be an emergency situation that needs to be addressed, but it is something that I think we need to look at. We need another CONSISTENT WR. I like both Burleson and Campbell, but I don't think that they're qualified #2 receivers. We need someone that can fill that space
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah, if you combine Burleson and cambell together, that would make a good #2 WR. If they were our #3 and #4 Wr's, that would be nice. You r right though, WR is nowhere near the priority of a DE and LB. At the same time, if we get a DE and LB, we definately aren't gonna draft other positions without looking at WR's. We eventually need to find our future #2 WR to play across from Moss, lets hope it doesn't happen when Moss only has a year or 2 left. With the talent in this years draft at WR, it would be nice if we had gotten our LB and DE, so we could at least look at the WR'S at 19.

I definately agree though, our offense was #1 and our D was in the 20's, so lets worry about getting a few more D players before we worry about a #2 WR. I will also mention that we need a down field threat at TE as well, maybe even more than a WR. That TE would open up the outside of the field so much for our WR's. BUT FIX OUR D FIRST!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

A downfield TE would be really nice we havn't had that since chamberlains good year there are some good TE's i like Ben Watson best behing ken winslow(wich is impossible) but if Watson was there in the second round i wouldn't be surprised to see us pick him up beins tice is a tigh end type guy

acsfreak84 is offline Rookie

We don't need another linebacker, we have plenty of young ones. I agree with Wiley unless they think that there going to get Will Smith.

On Wr, we need someone to help us. Bates can't stay healthy, Campbell I like but is a homerun hitter too. We need a good #2 that can go across the middle and make some plays....

Bulldog67 is offline Starter

Wide receiver is a need. Campbell is not durable enough and Burleson is a possesion type #3 WR. That being said, all will not be lost if the Vikes don't get another wideout.

I would really like to see the Vikes move up in the first round to ensure getting an impact player at an immediate need position like defensive end. Washington would be a prime target, but I don't know about moving all the way up to #5, not to mention the Skin probably wouldn't want to move down that far.
    Bleed Purple or Die

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast