Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Alec Ogletree and Star Lotulelei are two that could fal to us. Both are rated as top ten talents and each has a reason why they may be there at #23.
    That's all the more reason to take a sure thing WR in FA & sign Harvin before the draft.

If your scenario happens & we don't have Harvin and/or another damn good WR signed, then Spielman would be in a bit of a prediciment if those two plus a highly rated WR were all there at #23. I would hope Spielman would have a plan at that point to move up with his 2nd pick to get 2 of them, one being the WR.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Did you actully read the post you quoted? If so then you probably wouldn't have written that.

It wasn't just Hutch, it was also McKinney. Do you think that when Kalil comes up for a contract, that it won't be a problem? If so, good luck with that.

True. We just suck at it for some reason. After growing up with names like Rashad,White, Carter, Carter, Moss etc it is hard to understand where they have gone so wrong recently.

Nothing is a sure thing. That pick is a good player but there was no guarantee.

The record improved. To put the credit on Kalil is a bit crazy but hey, run with it.

I wouldn't blame Hutch and McKinney for losing Birk, I would put the blame on Childress more than anyone. It was known that Chilly and Birk didn't see eye to eye and I remember listening to Birk on the powertrip say that it wasn't a money issue for the reason he went to Baltimore.

We all knew that McKinney wasn't worth the extension we gave him, as a matter of fact most people were probably a little upset we gave him so much money.

I Didn't give Kalil all the credit but he did hold his own this last season and he also helped make the team better. Sorry if you look at it a different way.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    If the Harvin news is true then I guess now we don't have a choice but to bring in a fA receiver and also draft one.

I would hate to see us lose Harvin over the fact he is way underpaid. Give him a nice contract full of incentives, that way he must earn his money rather than get his money and become lazy. I highly doubt Harvin would become Lazy because it just doesn't seem to be his style of play, but you never know.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234