Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Vikings cut Jenkins, clearing another $3.25 million off their cap.

Vikings part ways with Michael Jenkins | ProFootballTalk
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Child please. I mean Childs please. I mean hopefully Greg Childs can comeback and have a roll, I was pumped about the kid last year. Please.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    It's like groundhog day. Every year at this time we are looking at who we can bring in at WR because the guys they brought in last year crapped out and we aren't sure if we are really set at QB and the team doesn't look like they are going to do anything about it until this one proves without a doubt that he isn't going to cut it.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    It's like groundhog day. Every year at this time we are looking at who we can bring in at WR because the guys they brought in last year crapped out and we aren't sure if we are really set at QB and the team doesn't look like they are going to do anything about it until this one proves without a doubt that he isn't going to cut it.
    Yes Sir ever since 1995 when we traded Randy for Napolian Harris and what turned out to be Troy Williamson. Very Disappointing to say the least.

And to think that some people want to trade away Percy Harvin when he is the one bright spot we have at receiver? It is just plain foolish and I don't give a rats ass how educated you are if you believe trading Percy is a good thing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Vikings cut Jenkins, clearing another $3.25 million off their cap.

Vikings part ways with Michael Jenkins | ProFootballTalk
    Well, that means if Harvin holds out, we are left with Wright & Burton as starters & Chambers from our practice squad as our 3rd. I don't know anything about Chambers ability, but do know he didn't beat out Burton or Aromashodu for a roster spot.

Childs? Will he even be able to play because of the injuries? We don't even know if he was any good at the NFL level before the injuries.

And people think we should trade Harvin & focus on signing DL men.
    Last edited by singersp; 03-05-2013 at 05:41 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Well, that means if Harvin holds out, we are left with Wright & Burton as starters & Chambers from our practice squad as our 3rd. I don't know anything about Chambers ability, but do know he didn't beat out Burton or Aromashodu for a roster spot.

Childs? Will he even be able to play because of the injuries? We don't even know if he was any good at the NFL level before the injuries.

And people think we should trade Harvin & focus on signing DL men.
    That is making the assumption that we wouldn't bring on any WRs at all. There are some WRs in FA that might fit the Vikings bill, and we are definitely going to add some WR talent through the draft. I also think that Simpson will be back form what I have been hearing, hopefully he can stay healthy longer than one game this time.

Regardless of whether or not Harvin is on the roster, we need to address the WR position, so we won't be going into the season with just Wright, Burton and Chambers.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    LOL! D'oh! 'It's only funny cuz its true!???' D'oh!!

On the bright side...? The guys we've signed have been worth the bottom end NFL WR salaries we've been paying

But I just don't see us making a big FA WR move unless, maybe if Harvin is traded away. It's just not our style, and, I think Harvin is better than anybody who is available. When it comes to the cap space, I'm starting to think, that we have so much money tied up in defense, that it's limiting other areas...?

Sucks but, I don't have much hope of Childs making a full and/or speedy recovery on the 2nd round of double knee surgery...IF he does, it'll be an awesome surprise and somewhat of a miracle, but we definitely can't count on that. It's why his size/speed combo was still there in the 4th.

Good luck Jenkins! He was good at what he was, big, slow blocking WR who did make a few clutch 1st down, jump ball, possession catches for us.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    That is making the assumption that we wouldn't bring on any WRs at all. There are some WRs in FA that might fit the Vikings bill, and we are definitely going to add some WR talent through the draft. I also think that Simpson will be back form what I have been hearing, hopefully he can stay healthy longer than one game this time.

Regardless of whether or not Harvin is on the roster, we need to address the WR position, so we won't be going into the season with just Wright, Burton and Chambers.
    What I'm saying is that is what we have today as starters heading into FA & the draft, assuming Harvin will either be traded or holdout. That's quite a step down from the mediocre corp we had last year.

It shows to me that our number 1 priority heading into FA & the draft should be a quality WR. Not a DL man, MLB or CB like some are clamoring for. All season long fans were complaining about our WR corp and how we needed to bring in a damn good FA WR, but now when it appears our WR corp is going to go from bad to worse, their priorities shifted to other positions.

I'm sure Spielman will sign some WR's in FA like re-signing Simpson or some other no-name WR, but that does nothing to improve our WR corp, especially if they don't draft a WR early in the draft.

We need more talent at WR, not more of the same mediocrity.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    What I'm saying is that is what we have today as starters heading into FA & the draft, assuming Harvin will either be traded or holdout. That's quite a step down from the mediocre corp we had last year.

It shows to me that our number 1 priority heading into FA & the draft should be a quality WR. Not a DL man, MLB or CB like some are clamoring for. All season long fans were complaining about our WR corp and how we needed to bring in a damn good FA WR, but now when it appears our WR corp is going to go from bad to worse, their priorities shifted to other positions.

I'm sure Spielman will sign some WR's in FA like re-signing Simpson or some other no-name WR, but that does nothing to improve our WR corp, especially if they don't draft a WR early in the draft.

We need more talent at WR, not more of the same mediocrity.
    Agreed.

I do think that WR will be our biggest priority. IDK what will happen in FA, but I really don't expect to see the Vikings make a splash, so I expect us to address the problem early in the draft.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Agreed.

I do think that WR will be our biggest priority. IDK what will happen in FA, but I really don't expect to see the Vikings make a splash, so I expect us to address the problem early in the draft.
    Singer, its not that we don't want to add WRs, I just don't see any WRs in FA who are name-known and worth what they want. WR is still our biggest need, but with only 17.5 in cap space and needing to sign Harvin, Felton and Loadholt and draft picks...I don't think we can afford Jennings or Wallace anyway.

Realistically, they brought in Breaston for an interview, and that is the likely level of signing we're going to get. Marrdro might have the right idea about looking at the 2 NYG guys, Barden and Hixon.

And an early draft pick! And, maybe a mid-late one too...

I did also like Sharper's idea about just going big in the draft and getting a 1-2 of Keenen Allen and Justin Hunter. Save some money on the position by avoiding the questionable FA class, and get some real talent with lots of potential to get even better.

I haven't heard about any contract talks at all, anybody else? Or do you think we're going to just let everybody test the market and keep the leftovers again? Peeps might be a bit more ready to sign ex Vikings this off-season...looking at a 10-6 teams scraps vs. 3-13.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast