Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WR depth

eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

Re: WR depth

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "eastcoastvikes" wrote:
    Alright, I know this isn't going to be a ppular sentiment. What about signing Marcus Vick as a WR? He was a pretty good one at Virginia Tech while Randall was still there. He's a guy who needs an avenue into the NFL and would give us a playmaker on the outside. Just a thought... what's everyone else think?

I guess you do not get that 32 teams passed on him in the draft, and 32 teams passed on signing him as a Undrafted FA!

Why do you think that is? Because he is such a punk loser that teams do not want him on their teams! So do you think a team that for the last 3 months has said they want players with good character would take him?
    I get that, I'm just throwing out an idea that he is a talented player who has no choice but to behave if he wants to have a future. It was an idea to see how people would react, obviously the guy has some problems. I just figured that with a mentor like K Rob at the WR position this might be a spot that worked to get him turned around. Don't get me wrong, I've got no problem going into the season with guys like Hoag, I just figured I'd see what people thought of signing a special talent with behavior problems cheaply. Sorry if that was that egregious.

Sig courtesy of josdin00

Here is how it should be
    1)K Rob
    2)M Rob
    3)T Will
    4)Travis Taylor
    5)Hoag
    6)Barrick Nealy hopefully he makes the team hes got talen
    7)Hosack

Hank Baskett dosent even make the team even though i think he is the next wayne cherbet

People that should be cut
    DEFENSE
    U.Dozier DE
    E.Taylor DT
    M.Ward CB
    R.Whitaker CB

OFFENSE

S.Bubin OL
    J.Goodspeed FB
    K.Kight WR
    J.O'Sullivan QB
    J.Redmond WR
    M.Wilson OL

do you guys agreee

SHOULD MAKE THE TEAM

C.Gordon CB/WR
    B.Nealy QB/WR
    T.Henderson RB

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

I think that we should be alright at this position with M.rob K.rob Twill also whos that guy from New Mexico who signed

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

i thought i heard on espn radio this morning that the 'fins signed him as a f.a.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

"eastcoastvikes" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "eastcoastvikes" wrote:
    Alright, I know this isn't going to be a ppular sentiment. What about signing Marcus Vick as a WR? He was a pretty good one at Virginia Tech while Randall was still there. He's a guy who needs an avenue into the NFL and would give us a playmaker on the outside. Just a thought... what's everyone else think?

I guess you do not get that 32 teams passed on him in the draft, and 32 teams passed on signing him as a Undrafted FA!

Why do you think that is? Because he is such a punk loser that teams do not want him on their teams! So do you think a team that for the last 3 months has said they want players with good character would take him?
    I get that, I'm just throwing out an idea that he is a talented player who has no choice but to behave if he wants to have a future. It was an idea to see how people would react, obviously the guy has some problems. I just figured that with a mentor like K Rob at the WR position this might be a spot that worked to get him turned around. Don't get me wrong, I've got no problem going into the season with guys like Hoag, I just figured I'd see what people thought of signing a special talent with behavior problems cheaply. Sorry if that was that egregious.
    I am not oppossed to given him a chance at WR. The MN Vikings have a history of turning troubled WO's into productive players. Moss, KROB, Carter, Vick??

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

the cancer vick, that is
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Maybe one of the undrafted FA we got will turn into a stud
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Hank Baskett should definitley make the squad. He's a great possession type receiver and will complement the guys we already have.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123