Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: WRs Available for Peanuts.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

PASS-CATCHERS AVAILABLE FOR PEANUTS

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that a trio of Florida receivers are available to any interested takers.

Specifically Reggie Williams of the Jaguars, Michael Clayton of the Bucs, and Chris Chambers of the Dolphins are on the block..................
    if chambers is released we must go after him, he has been productive throughout his career, and would give us a legitimate #1 wr, then having bobby wade in the slot and the promise of Sidney Rice makes our WRs that much better, allowing Tjack to grow with a few weapons ;D
    I can't imagine a team letting go of a "Legitimate" number 1 WR.
    Just the thought of him
    not making a team automatically puts him and any other team reject as suspect in my book.
    Some people couldn't imagine us getting rid of a potential hall of fame WR and a pro bowl QB in two consecutive years. Shit happens

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: WRs Available for Peanuts.

"ajjanssen" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

PASS-CATCHERS AVAILABLE FOR PEANUTS

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that a trio of Florida receivers are available to any interested takers.

Specifically Reggie Williams of the Jaguars, Michael Clayton of the Bucs, and Chris Chambers of the Dolphins are on the block..................
    if chambers is released we must go after him, he has been productive throughout his career, and would give us a legitimate #1 wr, then having bobby wade in the slot and the promise of Sidney Rice makes our WRs that much better, allowing Tjack to grow with a few weapons ;D
    I can't imagine a team letting go of a "Legitimate" number 1 WR.
    Just the thought of him
    not making a team automatically puts him and any other team reject as suspect in my book.
    Of course, that's what they said about Cris Carter.
    There you go, Chambers can fix up his life and come to the purple and gold to revitalize his career
    I certainly wouldn't have a problem seeing that happen!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

carolinafan is offline Rookie

Re: Which WR could the Vikes use most?

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    but we also can't jump the gun everytime someone is mentioned about possibly getting cut and we have to go pick him up.
    if you guys liked twill dropping balls than you'll love chambers cuz being a florida resident that's all ive seen and heard fans beeyatch about.
    i'm not saying he wouldn't be a nice addition but sometimes you have to give guys some time.
    the potential of the wades, and williamsons of the word are there and in all reality this is the season they have to prove that they can bring it to the field.

i know everyone is freaking about wrs all the time but i think they'll be fine as long as that right side of the o-line is not terrible.
    if we run the football and give jackson time to make plays all these nobodies can and are going to surprise most.

There isn't many Williamsons in the nfl. Name a player whose dropped as many balls in their first 2 seasons, without putting up any numbers ,and still plays because of their draft position.

It's so idiotic it makes my head hurt, that he is a starter again this year.
    Your right why do we keep him.
    Detroit cut ties with Williams, we need to face the facts.
    are you guys seriously talking about giving up on a guy that's just going into his 3rd season?
    mike williams was fat and wouldn't even practice.
    that's a little bit different than a guy having trouble catching easy passes.
    terrel owens had the same problem as do many others.
    i'm pretty sure the niners were happy they didn't give up after 2 years.
    and like ive said, chambers is destroyed down here for easy drops.
    you should have heard the radio this morning after the word got out he might be traded or cut.
    they weren't exactly crying.
    i personally think he's solid and would be an upgrade but to be talking about williamson like he's a waste after the little we've see him on the field is just ridiculous

Careful, you start throwing reason into the mix and this board will implode.
    TW dropped more balls than he should last year.
    He's worked hard to fix that.
    At least he was getting open.
    BJ couldn't get the ball more than 15 yards down field anyway.
    Face it, the Vikes receivers are not the problem.......it's having a QB that can get the ball where it's supposed to be consistently!!!!!.
    Also, the O line breakdowns at crucial passing times was a killer last year.
    TW has done nothing this year to warrant the "he's a waste" talk.
    If anything, looks like it will be a good year for him.
    If not, then tell me "I told you so."

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Which WR could the Vikes use most?

I would say since the vikes are talking about shipping Mewelde Moore, see if Miami wants him for Chambers and a 7th round pick or something couldn't hurt.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567