Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: WRs Available for Peanuts.

If we get Chambers we win the division it's as simple as that.

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

PASS-CATCHERS AVAILABLE FOR PEANUTS

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that a trio of Florida receivers are available to any interested takers.

Specifically Reggie Williams of the Jaguars, Michael Clayton of the Bucs, and Chris Chambers of the Dolphins are on the block..................
    if chambers is released we must go after him, he has been productive throughout his career, and would give us a legitimate #1 wr, then having bobby wade in the slot and the promise of Sidney Rice makes our WRs that much better, allowing Tjack to grow with a few weapons ;D
    I would take any of those guys mentioned. Clayton had a great year a few years ago...I am surprised any of those guys would get the axe.
    Reggie Williams is a bust the like of Troy Williamson (well maybe that's stretching it a bit) and your right about Clayton he had a great Rookie year (close to a 1,000 yards) but has been underperforming since... I really like Chambers though, and know he is capable of the big play, and he would give us the one thing we lack to be a complete offense.... a wr w/ speed who can catch the deep ball! haven't had one of those since ol' 84 was shipped of to the black hole.
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

chambers would be amazing to get, there is no reason we couldnt make room for him, actually any of the 3 i would love to get, who to cut? mcmullen, or nance, i see us keeping 6 wr and the only other 4 i would definatly keep would be Wade, Williamson, Rice, and Allison

Thanks josdin00

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I am actually very interested in Reggie Williams. The other guys are questionable, Clayton's only played one full season(rookie year, and he had nearly 1200 yards) Chambers is tempting, but I feel like he something happened to him between 05 and 06. He had great speed, but last year it just seemed like he wasn't running well, and I don't want a guy on the decline.

Reggie Williams. 24 years old(but has 3 years experience) 6'4", 212lbs, ran a 4.4 40 yard dash, very good leaper, good hands. I think he'd be a great pickup, and give us a good overall receiver instead of several one-dimensional guys.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"tb04512" wrote:
    chambers would be amazing to get, there is no reason we couldnt make room for him, actually any of the 3 i would love to get, who to cut? mcmullen, or nance, i see us keeping 6 wr and the only other 4 i would definatly keep would be Wade, [s]Williamson[/s], Rice, and Allison
    Perfectly put. Except you made 1 typo, I fixed it for you.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    Well if any of them get released I pray we sign them. And don't say 'well who are we going to release?'

Anyone but Wade or Rice is worth releasing for Chambers or Williams. Don't know what happened to Clayton.
    He got dinged up...and he was already pretty slow to begin with.
    I like Chambers the best of the three...big end zone target.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

all of them would help us in the pass game. i think i would want chambers first then clayton. williams does not interest me that much. he has not been good for a while
    We're bringing purple back.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I like chambers but I think I would rather have Gabriel.

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

I would welcome any of these cats

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Trio of WR's possibly on market

Chambers I would say yes to. Clayton Williams
    Not as much. But But if they could do Chambers straight up for Williamson I would not be dissapointed. just My oinion though. and alot better possible pick up than Stinkston might be.

Around the League: Wide receivers on the market

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d801e8671&template=with-video&confirm=true

To wide-receiver needy teams that could hang Help Wanted signs, there is Help Available.

As teams tweak rosters and debate deals, three wide receivers' names are popping up in potential trades that are more intriguing than they are likely.

Included in the list are primarily former first-round picks, primarily from the Sunshine State: Jacksonville's Reggie Williams, Tampa Bay's Michael Clayton and Miami's Chris Chambers.

Each carries potential as well as questions, too.

Williams is in danger of not making the Jaguars' 53-man roster after falling behind other more inexperienced receivers this summer.

Clayton has struggled to recapture the form that enabled him to catch 80 passes for 1,193 yards during his rookie season in 2004.
    Chambers is scheduled to make $5.4 million in base salary this season to go along with his $7.3 million salary-cap number. As productive as Chambers has been -– catching at least 59 passes in each of the past four seasons and 82 two seasons ago –- his financial numbers are not easy for the cap-strapped Dolphins to swallow.

Thus, each of the receivers' names have come up in trade talks, however unlikely it is that any will actually be dealt.

So far, no teams have expressed enough of a desire to trade for any of these receivers and it's possible and even likely that Clayton and Chambers will wind up starting opening day for their respective teams.

Yet for some reason, it seems as if there is an abundance of instability at the wide receiver position, a possible sign of more activity in the days to come.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast