Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WR coach

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: WR coach

"audioghost" wrote:
    But if anyone could do it you'd think it'd be Cris Carter...

I like the idea of putting someone in charge that knows what it takes to be an All Time great at this level in charge of teaching...

I mean, if Carter did it he must know some secrets to being a great WR...

Carter was a freak with his hands...best hands in NFL history...but he was not the most physically giften WR ever...he was slow but he ran flawless routes and he ran them hard...I'm sure he's got some secrets to share that the Vikings current WRs coach does not know...

If I was Wilf (just my opinion) I would get Carter more involved with the Vikes since he's a legend...much like he did with Bud Grant...make him a consultant or something...have him mentor some of these recievers...maybe not as a WR coach but I'm sure CC has some valuable knowledge that he can spread to these young WRs
    Being a great WR and being able to teach people to be great WR's are 2 different things.

Like I said, mabye he does not have any coaching skills.

bearitall Guest

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:

I like the idea of putting someone in charge that knows what it takes to be an All Time great at this level in charge of teaching...

Carter was a freak with his hands...best hands in NFL history...but he was not the most physically giften WR ever...he was slow but he ran flawless routes and he ran them hard...I'm sure he's got some secrets to share that the Vikings current WRs coach does not know...

If I was Wilf (just my opinion) I would get Carter more involved with the Vikes since he's a legend...much like he did with Bud Grant...make him a consultant or something...have him mentor some of these recievers...maybe not as a WR coach but I'm sure CC has some valuable knowledge that he can spread to these young WRs
    Being a great WR and being able to teach people to be great WR's are 2 different things.

He wouldn't have to be a teacher or good coach to just dish out some pointers.
    Even to share his story is inspiring.

"bearitall" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:

Well, this thread is about him being a coach.
    He would need a little more than pointers.
    He would be hired to teach and really motivate these guys.

I am sure he could do it.
    He is a smart guy.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "bearitall" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:

Well, this thread is about him being a coach.
    He would need a little more than pointers.
    He would be hired to teach and really motivate these guys.

I am sure he could do it.
    He is a smart guy.

I see him more of a consultant and trainer instead of coach.
    You can teach someone to run routes. Catching a ball something that is hard to teach someone.
    You either have it or you don't

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Just having CC in the Vikes Org would do so much good. He would rub off on the other players, they all know his talent, his ability to catch the uncatchable, he great footwork. Just his winning attitude would do a world of good. Because i think next year Childress will ruin this team even more.

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

Carter and Reed made a video on teaching the basics of being a better reciever.... that tells me he would love to teach Or maybe even coach new talent.

I will see if I can find a link
    or a pic of this video.

How could all of us inform the Vikes they should atleast give him a phone call??

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

It seemed like he was basically a player-coach his last few years here and I think he would be worth a try-out as WR coach.
    If nothing else they should ask him to come to training camp or something.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

BigMike Williams of USC went and saw Cris Carter for private training and pointers and workout routines...I'm sure Carter does that with many other players, in fact I think he has his own training place called either fasp or fast , can't rember which.

look it up people he is in love with teaching people to play and play better.

just my $0.02

"whiteviking24" wrote:
    BigMike Williams of USC went and saw Cris Carter for private training and pointers and workout routines...I'm sure Carter does that with many other players, in fact I think he has his own training place called either fasp or fast , can't rember which.

look it up people he is in love with teaching people to play and play better.

just my $0.02
    That is not a good selling point there.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7186

I see what you mean.... But mike williams also plays in Detroit.

Who can be good in Detroit ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast