Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WR coach

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: WR coach

To bring Carter in here would make TOO MUCH sense for the Vikings... They'd never do it!
    ;D
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

I mean honestly....look at this article:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/31603/five_best_wide_receivers_in_nfl_history.html

5 best wrs of all time (according to this guy)

Rice-Allworth-Swann-Carter-Harrison

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Viking God is offline Waterboy

Carter would be great... Nice day dream!
    First things first though.
    We need a true offensive play caller giving our offense an opportunity to mix up the game and take shots that count (down the field).

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Although having Cris Carter as a WR coach would make sense; we do not how well he can coach.
    Just because he was a phenominal WR does not always equate being able to teach others how to be a good WR.
    It takes skill and communication to coach.

I am not saying he would not be a good coach, but we just do not know.

Ultrapurple is offline Rookie

Wow, amazing, I was having these same thoughts driving home from work last Friday! The thing I couldn't get past is I do not think CC would give up his television gigs just to come back and coach our WR's. He has a huge ego, that is not a slap at #80, just a fact, that's why he left and went to Miami. So then I was wondering if he still does his Minicamps he did while he was playing? Remember when Randy came into the league, all the workouts,.......well why not expand that. He could charge each team to send their WR corp to learn "How to Play" the position!
    I dunno,......I'd like to see him on staff in Minnesota, but I don't think it would happen.
    UltraPurple, USAF (Ret)
    The Woodlands, Texas

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Although having Cris Carter as a WR coach would make sense; we do not how well he can coach.
    Just because he was a phenominal WR does not always equate being able to teach others how to be a good WR.
    It takes skill and communication to coach.

I am not saying he would not be a good coach, but we just do not know.
    Even though Cris Carter is my favourit Vikings player I agree with that statement.

One other thing that I can also say, is that I have not been impressed with what our current WR coach has been able to do.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

But if anyone could do it you'd think it'd be Cris Carter...

I like the idea of putting someone in charge that knows what it takes to be an All Time great at this level in charge of teaching...

I mean, if Carter did it he must know some secrets to being a great WR...

Carter was a freak with his hands...best hands in NFL history...but he was not the most physically giften WR ever...he was slow but he ran flawless routes and he ran them hard...I'm sure he's got some secrets to share that the Vikings current WRs coach does not know...

If I was Wilf (just my opinion) I would get Carter more involved with the Vikes since he's a legend...much like he did with Bud Grant...make him a consultant or something...have him mentor some of these recievers...maybe not as a WR coach but I'm sure CC has some valuable knowledge that he can spread to these young WRs

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

So I click on this thread, and it brings me to the last post. I see everyone is talking about Carter being a WR coach. So, I get REALLY excited, only to have my hopes crushed....

bearitall Guest

make him a consultant or something...have him mentor some of these recievers...maybe not as a WR coach but I'm sure CC has some valuable knowledge that he can spread to these young WRs

I started to post before I finished reading this...my thoughts exactly.
    Childress has the open checkbook, lets get a consulting contract and start there with CC.
    Pep talk to the WR...

Mystophales is offline Rookie

Well I guess I will make it unanimous. I think it would be a great idea as well and to be honest I don't know why it hasn't happened already. Even if CC doesn't want to give up that TV money you should at least make a run at him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast