Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mamaluke is offline Starter

Wow, it still hurts as much now as it did back in 98!!

Last night I was watching the NFL network channel and just had the cursed fortune to turn it on just as they were starting to show the documentary on the 98 Vikings season! And like a glutton for punishment that I am I watched the whole thing from beginning to end and I still wanted to throw up now just as much as I did then!! Moss and Carter were something to behold!!! Cunningham, Smith... God how I only wish we could find that same special "magic" we had that year!! Denny Green said" If we had gone on to the Superbowl and beat the Broncos they all would have been talking about this team as probably the best in the past 25 years", or something very similiar to that. It is just amazing to me that watching that damn show last night still made me realize how it hurts just as it did when it happened. To me, including all 4 superbowl losses, this was the most devastating loss we have suffered to date. Sorry to beat a dead dog but I just had to vent! I look at how pathetic our current day offense is, besides AP of course, compared to that team and it makes me wish we had never let Moss go, still to me the biggest mistake we ever made.
    Ain't it odd, every QB we had seemed like Johhny Unitas when we had Moss and Carter!!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wow, it still hurts as much now as it did back in 98!!

"mamaluke" wrote:
    Last night I was watching the NFL network channel and just had the cursed fortune to turn it on just as they were starting to show the documentary on the 98 Vikings season! And like a glutton for punishment that I am I watched the whole thing from beginning to end and I still wanted to throw up now just as much as I did then!! Moss and Carter were something to behold!!! Cunningham, Smith... God how I only wish we could find that same special "magic" we had that year!! Denny Green said" If we had gone on to the Superbowl and beat the Broncos they all would have been talking about this team as probably the best in the past 25 years", or something very similiar to that. It is just amazing to me that watching that damn show last night still made me realize how it hurts just as it did when it happened. To me, including all 4 superbowl losses, this was the most devastating loss we have suffered to date. Sorry to beat a dead dog but I just had to vent! I look at how pathetic our current day offense is, besides AP of course, compared to that team and it makes me wish we had never let Moss go, still to me the biggest mistake we ever made.
    Ain't it odd, every QB we had seemed like Johhny Unitas when we had Moss and Carter!!
    This will continue to hurt until the Vikings break the curse and win the superbowl.
    That was their year and they didn't take care of business.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

People forget about all the injuries we had in that game, and how we did play pretty well. Atlanta was 14-2 that year.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I refuse to watch any of those replays.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

I hate when people bring up threads on this stuff... I don't understand why you would want to.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    People forget about all the injuries we had in that game, and how we did play pretty well. Atlanta was 14-2 that year.
    Nah.
    I didn't forget that.
    I remembered.
    It just still hurts as it does for everyone.
    I think they played their hearts out (especially Robert Smith) but it didn't pan out in the end.
    They just didn't get it done.
    they played a good football team but the Vikes were still better.

"ejmat" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Nah.
    I didn't forget that.
    I remembered.
    I think they played their hearts out (especially Robert Smith) but it didn't pan out in the end.
    we were dominate. and we should have gone deep to randy moss more than we did that game

"SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Nah.
    I didn't forget that.
    I remembered.
    we were dominate. and we should have gone deep to randy moss more than we did that game
    Can't say that I disagree.
    However Moss did drop a TD pass.
    I was just as frustrated in that we waited till midway through the 4th quarter to start going deep again.
    They played great up till the fumble before the 1st half.
    Then the coaching staff got very conservative and started playing not to lose instead of to win.
    It was quite apparent in that game.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

It never happened, it was only a dream

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Slam your penis in a door, it will make you forget about it for a while.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast