Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    realmeandogg is offline Training Camp

Re: WOW, I cannot type so good so i's use all caps

I'll give farve top 5 QB credit .. I love the vikings but im a football fan first!!
    we all know that the best QB is,was and ever will be is Dan Marino

PackerPride is offline Training Camp

I personally have to say Joe Montana. Marino has the records, but Montana has the Super Bowl wins.
    my top 5 looks like this...
    Joe Montana
    Johnny Unitas
    John Elway
    Dan Marino
    Brett Favre

Favre can move up a spot if he breaks Marinos records, and 2 spots if he wins another Super Bowl.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

I don't care what the packers were, I care what they are now. Need I say more? :lol:

No, seriously.

"PackerPride" wrote:
    You can't have it both ways. For one, like I said before, the Vikings haven't won one game yet. And if you want to talk about the past, you have nothing to talk about. No Super Bowl wins, your last big game was a blowout in the conference championship game. We all start 0-0 you know. Lets see how the cards play out.
    so lets talk about the present! how's the off season treating the pack? is your biggest pick up a cordinator? how about improving that horrible defence (heck every one knows both teams needed to bring in some good players to turn the defence around) .

so if no shots r to be takin about the past then what are you really doing here because the present hasn't been very kind to the pack. let's face it , sure you've had your hay-day , but it has come at great cost . now you have no money to improve your defence , infact you don't even have enough money to keep your defence intact . you cut the only good player on the defence and bring in a couple of safties that aren't even known in their home town .

now how bout the offence? how's the present treating your offence? who's replacing your gaurds? have they started any games ? ...... in high school? lets hope they can give farve the time he needs to get the ball 2 his play makers . and as far as chemistry your Qb calling out your Wr is deffinatly the pinnacle of chemistry.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Favre is not a top 5 QB of all time. I see that you didnt put Fran in there. Even though he never won the big game, he held all of the passing records until Marino and Elway came along. Those records stood for over a decade.
    I would say that he is in the top ten though.
    I think Steve Young was better than Farvmer boy along with Unitas, Montana, and Bradshaw.
    As far as Sharper goes, he wanted out of Cheeseland because he was tired of all the Sat. nite goat invitations. He was the second best player on your "vaunted" :lol: defense. So where does that leave the pack?

Vrehna is offline Rookie

Hey now!

I've come to know this place as a respectable place for Viking fans to come. Lets keep it that way can we?

Farve is a great QB, anyone who says differently needs to relook at football, or throw themselves off of a cliff. They have no idea what they are talking about.

Yes, Farve is getting older, but I don't blame him for coming back, and I wouldn't blame him for coming back the year after this season. I mean, the man is a general on the field. He knows what he is doing, he knows what he is talking about, and he really cares about his team. How can anyone disrespect him? As a Viking fan, it is obvious that I hate the guy, not like how I hate Troy Aikmen, but being on the losing side of that mans arm is good enough reason for me to hate him. He's a great guy, and he's a great player. As a football fan (not just a Viking fan) I love Farve. He is everything a great QB should be.

I respect Farve for coming back to the NFL. If for no other reason than to have his last game be any other game than he had against the Vikings in the Playoffs. He also has a promising rookie QB that he can teach this year. Those lessons are invaluable.

I wish that the Pack would have a good year, love to keep the rivalry going. But I just don't see it happening this year. We will see though. Time will tell.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PackerPride" wrote:
    I personally have to say Joe Montana. Marino has the records, but Montana has the Super Bowl wins.
    Joe Montana
    Johnny Unitas
    John Elway
    Dan Marino
    Brett Favre

Favre can move up a spot if he breaks Marinos records, and 2 spots if he wins another Super Bowl.
    Dream on, Fool! Favre might be a great QB, but he will NOT win another Super Bowl...the Pack doesn't have the defense to do it (which is what really won them the Super Bowl in the 90s)!

Bradshaw, Tarkenton, and Steve Young were all better QBs than Favre...plus all those you listed above Favre. He won't pass any of those either...no matter what he does from here on out...so top 10 is about all he gets...not bad for a hillbilly, though!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

fan4favre is offline Starter

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "PackerPride" wrote:
    Joe Montana
    Johnny Unitas
    John Elway
    Dan Marino
    Brett Favre

Dream on, Fool! Favre might be a great QB, but he will NOT win another Super Bowl...the Pack doesn't have the defense to do it (which is what really won them the Super Bowl in the 90s)!

Bradshaw, Tarkenton, and Steve Young were all better QBs than Favre...plus all those you listed above Favre. He won't pass any of those either...no matter what he does from here on out...so top 10 is about all he gets...not bad for a hillbilly, though!
    Bradshaw and Tarkenton were NOT better QB's than Favre. Young maybe...

Vrehna is offline Rookie

QBs from times of old don't get nearly enough credit as they should. Back in those days, CBs could manhandle any WR they they wanted, and however they wanted. QBs had to throw the ball perfectly.

This is why Marino took away so many of Fran T.'s records. He had it easy

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Vrehna" wrote:
    Hey now!

I've come to know this place as a respectable place for Viking fans to come. Lets keep it that way can we?
    You read my mind. *looks around room and clears throat*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast