Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: WOW, I SEE SOME OF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR FOOTBALL

"fan4favre" wrote:
    "coreychavous21" wrote:
    I didnt see your first post so I don't know what was said. I don't want to give favre any credit at all. All I will say about him is that he use to be good but he is just average or less than average right now and has blew the packers chances in the playoffs the last three time they were in it by throwing INT's.
    He is still above average. SI thinks so too.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/07/19/gallery.nfc.north/content.2.html

What is it with the sour grapes for Favre and Viking fans? Packer fans live and die by Favre's arm. If Favre somehow "blows" it in the playoffs any nfl fan with two eyes and a brain realizes it was Favre's arm that probably got them there to begin with. Above average is easily a tag that can be placed on Favre at any age. Let's see if Culpepper is in the league when he is 36 years of age let alone throw 30 TD's and for 4,000 yards in a season.
    He may have gotten them there. But you have to admit that his interceptions have played a HUGE part in there playoff losses. If he would not have thrown the 4 int's to the Vikings last year it could have turned out different.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"fan4favre" wrote:
    "coreychavous21" wrote:
    I didnt see your first post so I don't know what was said. I don't want to give favre any credit at all. All I will say about him is that he use to be good but he is just average or less than average right now and has blew the packers chances in the playoffs the last three time they were in it by throwing INT's.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/07/19/gallery.nfc.north/content.2.html

What is it with the sour grapes for Favre and Viking fans? Packer fans live and die by Favre's arm. If Favre somehow "blows" it in the playoffs any nfl fan with two eyes and a brain realizes it was Favre's arm that probably got them there to begin with. Above average is easily a tag that can be placed on Favre at any age. Let's see if Culpepper is in the league when he is 36 years of age let alone throw 30 TD's and for 4,000 yards in a season.
    My God! They're multiplying!!!

Re: WOW, I cannot type so good so i's use all caps

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "fan4favre" wrote:
    "coreychavous21" wrote:

http//sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/07/19/gallery.nfc.north/content.2.html

My God! They're multiplying!!!
    lol

fan4favre is offline Starter

[quote="TheFloridianVikingFan"]brett favre is top 10, but now a days, u cant expect him to save u... quote]

He did it three times last season...once to include Christmas Eve which I am sure all the fans here clearly remember.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Who cares, he didn't save the pack from losing against the vikings in the playoffs.

fan4favre is offline Starter

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    Who cares, he didn't save the pack from losing against the vikings in the playoffs.
    Nice. And to think I almost felt Vikings fans had a point about Packer fans living in the past. Well your Super Bowl at Lambeau didn't produce the Lombardi trophy you had hoped for eh?

PackerPride is offline Training Camp

I'll be the first to agree that those 4 interceptions against the Vikes in the playoffs killed us. I should know, I was at the game and it sucked! :razz:
    But the truth of the matter is Favre wins more games for us than loses. The biggest loss with Favre's talent is his ability to scramble. He can still evade the pass-rush, but can't gain yards running worth squat. I predict that in 2 years Favre will retire. Somebody posted in my other post "After Favre leaves, all the Packer fans will talk about is when we had Favre, we were great". The saddest part is he might be right. But even if the Packers go 0-16 5 years from now, I'll always back them and they'll always be my team.

Space Coyote Guest

Packers are officially in REBUILDING MODE.

Why don't you discuss that for a refreshing change of pace...

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

"fan4favre" wrote:
    "DemonicViking" wrote:
    Nice. And to think I almost felt Vikings fans had a point about Packer fans living in the past. Well your Super Bowl at Lambeau didn't produce the Lombardi trophy you had hoped for eh?
    Love the hypocrisy, that's what the previous packer fan before you was doing when he mentioned the xmas eve game, so I had to remind him about the game that had more significance to it, the game you lost during the postseason. You can babble to your hearts content about your little trophies.. they can have 100 of them and it still wouldn't mean nothing to me.

PackerPride is offline Training Camp

You can't have it both ways. For one, like I said before, the Vikings haven't won one game yet. And if you want to talk about the past, you have nothing to talk about. No Super Bowl wins, your last big game was a blowout in the conference championship game. We all start 0-0 you know. Lets see how the cards play out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast