Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW

VikeWings is offline Training Camp

Re: WOW

I respectably disagree.
    I try my hardest at my work but if someone isn't pleased with my performance they can always call my boss and bitch and 9 times out of 10 I'm going to get called in to his office to talk about what I can do differently. I'm pretty sure my phone call won't reach the Vikings front office so perhaps booing is my only chance to express my views of what is happening on the field.

VikeWings

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

maybe chilly ought to plagiarise this. ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv23pqH9iG0
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"VikeWings" wrote:
    I respectably disagree.
    I try my hardest at my work but if someone isn't pleased with my performance they can always call my boss and beeyatch and 9 times out of 10 I'm going to get called in to his office to talk about what I can do differently. I'm pretty sure my phone call won't reach the Vikings front office so perhaps booing is my only chance to express my views of what is happening on the field.

VikeWings
    Yeah, but booing an incomplete pass in the first quarter is ignorant for any fan of any team.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"VikeWings" wrote:
    I respectably disagree.
    I try my hardest at my work but if someone isn't pleased with my performance they can always call my boss and bitch and 9 times out of 10 I'm going to get called in to his office to talk about what I can do differently. I'm pretty sure my phone call won't reach the Vikings front office so perhaps booing is my only chance to express my views of what is happening on the field.

VikeWings
    And would someone call your boss if you did something that routinely happens in your line of work (i.e. get a pass deflected or throw the ball out of bounds instead of having it intercepted)?

Ridiculous. Throw an incomplete pass: get booed.

What happens when he throws an interception, do you rush the field and beat him with you shoes?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I wasn't too impressed with the fans Booing Jackson either but I find it hard to believe that people would say that WR's were not open. I saw open WR's many times in the game that did not get a look from the QB and on several of the plays the ball was thrown above, behind or away from the open WR.

Of this I will say. I saw very little separation for the most part from Berrian and Wade, but when Rice and Allison were in the game they seemed to get more separation from the WR;s.

That being said, this is the WCO and the whole thing is based on timing and throwing to a spot in anticipation of where the WR will be. This is not happening and I am not seeing Jackson scanning the complete field, even when he has time in the pocket. It is the 1 or 2 read the majority of the time and the throw is made too often after the CB has had time to recover and close in on the WR so that the space is not there.

IA Vike is offline Waterboy

"kspurplepride" wrote:
    if you honestly think gus would be a better starting option you obviously know very little about football
    Sorry but you must know very little about football. Its not a matter of being better, its a matter of not being any worse and giving some hope when its more than clear the current starter (whos name I will not utter ever again) is not even and NFL 3rd string QB.

VikeWings is offline Training Camp

I'd never make it to the field.

But, seriously, I would never call a subordinate on the floor for one mistake.
    But if his performance doesn't look up to par, I"m going to call him on it and see if there's something that needs to be changed/fixed.
    If T-Jack missed one open receiver or threw one bad pass, then booing is unacceptable.
    But after 3 years, I think people are expecting more.

Hey, I could never compete on the pro level, far be it from me to boo someone who can.
    I don't condone booing, but I understand it.

VW

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I wasn't too impressed with the fans Booing Jackson either but I find it hard to believe that people would say that WR's were not open. I saw open WR's many times in the game that did not get a look from the QB and on several of the plays the ball was thrown above, behind or away from the open WR.

Of this I will say. I saw very little separation for the most part from Berrian and Wade, but when Rice and Allison were in the game they seemed to get more separation from the WR;s.

That being said, this is the WCO and the whole thing is based on timing and throwing to a spot in anticipation of where the WR will be. This is not happening and I am not seeing Jackson scanning the complete field, even when he has time in the pocket. It is the 1 or 2 read the majority of the time and the throw is made too often after the CB has had time to recover and close in on the WR so that the space is not there.
    I didn't like the booing.
    But at the same time, I could understand why..
    Especially if it was more towards the playcalling.

As far as the WRs getting separation, and being open..
    I saw a WIDE open Wade in the 2nd half, and instead, Jackson dumps it off to (I think) a RB for a no/small gain.
    If he hits Wade, it's a first down deep in red zone territory.

I think Jackson needs to get through his reads more efficiently.
    Has he the ability?
    I think so.
    Will he do it?
    Who knows.

I'm giving both playcalling (Whether its Chilly or Bevel, doesn't matter) and T-Jack 2-3 more weeks to improve and make adjustments before I start calling for new personel.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    "gabe_menendez" wrote:
    People need to stop booing are qb. receivers are not getting open not his fauly were playing the gol 'darnit colts man and are fans are booing him when were winning/.
    Here's some data.

14 for 24, 130 yards, 0 fumbles, 0 interceptions, 73.3 rating (higher than Peyton Manning's)

Add on one nice pass for a touchdown that Shiancoe dropped. Not a bad day for a young quarterback who is asked to just manage the game at this stage of his career. He is doing better than I expected.

Does Tarvaris need to work more on throwing the ball with touch? Oh yes. Has he improved in this area? Yes, absolutely. This young kid is a winner, and we need to get behind him and support him.

Nice post bro

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"marshallvike" wrote:
    maybe chilly ought to plagiarise this. ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv23pqH9iG0
    I liked that. So many swears.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast