Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 121
  1. #21
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Would've We gone to Playoffs if Brad Johnson Started?

    Yes, we were 7-2 with Brad and 2-5 with C-Pep. We basically missed the playoffs by one game, and it's very hard to think that Johnson wouldn't have at least beaten one of those 5 teams that Daunte started against and lost to. To me, that shows we would have made the playoffs.

  2. #22
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Would've We gone to Playoffs if Brad Johnson Started?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I do not dwell on last year; only next year.
    Those who do not analyze their past mistakes are DOOMED to repeat them!
    Really?

    Analyzing this is not, dwelling it is. :wink:
    One fan's dwelling is another fan's analyzing...
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #23
    PAvikesfan's Avatar
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,037

    Re: Would've We gone to Playoffs if Brad Johnson Started?

    chances are... we would have have one more game to get into the playoffs if brad would've taken the reins after the 3rd week, let alone the whole season.

  4. #24
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Would've We gone to Playoffs if Brad Johnson Started?

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I do not dwell on last year; only next year.
    Those who do not analyze their past mistakes are DOOMED to repeat them!
    Really?

    Analyzing this is not, dwelling it is. :wink:
    One fan's dwelling is another fan's analyzing...
    It's still interesting to talk about and to hear everyone's perspective. Dwelling is one thing, but discussion is another.

  5. #25
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would've We gone to Playoffs if Brad Johnson Started?

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Who the F!!ck knows, do I look like Nostrodamus.
    Nah, Nostrodamus had a longer beard and didn't smoke cigars... :grin:

    Actually, I agree with others in that it is impossible to say one way or the other. Would Brad have been able to play as effectively against the same teams that DC played? Don't know. He sure wasn't impressive against Baltimore or Pittsburg. he didn't play very well when he came in against Carolina. The only two teams that each one of them played were Chicago and Green Bay. The second Chicago game was a joke because we weren't playing against the starters. So that leaves us with the GB game. And (surprise, surprise) Dante's stats were much better...
    D. Culpepper 23/31 280 2 0
    B. Johnson 18/30 196 0 1

    Bottom line, I think we would have fared the same with BJ at the helm. It was a combination of the defense coming together, the mediocre teams we played in the second half, and probably a bit of BJ's leadership that helped steady the boat.

    But now, with the SB over, we are all 0-0. So bring on next year!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #26
    jimmymac's Avatar
    jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    411

    Re: Would've We gone to Playoffs if Brad Johnson Started?

    Would we have been better off without Culpepper at all this year?
    Yes, and Culpepper's trade value would be greater because he wouldn't be injured.
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

  7. #27
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Would've We gone to Playoffs if Brad Johnson Started?

    [size=24px]TIC-TIC-TIC-TIC[/size]

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    915

    Re: Would've We gone to Playoffs if Brad Johnson Started?

    No we would probably have lost to GB the first time as well. PEP was the reason we came back against the packers. Johnson never once showed this year he could come back after being down. Pep is a better QB hands down.
    You republican whore!

  9. #29
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Would've We gone to Playoffs if Brad Johnson Started?

    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    No we would probably have lost to GB the first time as well. PEP was the reason we came back against the packers. Johnson never once showed this year he could come back after being down. Pep is a better QB hands down.
    Are you serious? Brad had at least two game winning drives.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  10. #30
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Would've We gone to Playoffs if Brad Johnson Started?

    Why did we have to come back? LOL

    Yeppers that's right.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The real reason were not in the playoffs all started in 2000.....
    By MightyVikes12391 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 05:19 PM
  2. Brad Johnson
    By marantzo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 08:31 AM
  3. THE "BRAD JOHNSON" G!!!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 05:39 AM
  4. "Who are you...and what did you do with Brad Johnson?"
    By Caine in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 02:50 AM
  5. Thank God For Brad Johnson
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 06:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •