View Poll Results: Would you follow the team to Los Angeles?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I will always be a fan of this franchise.

10 27.03%
  • No! My loyalty leaves with the team.

27 72.97%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    Nope. Unless you are intending to be completely unrealistic.

As for your analogy. So far the girlfriend is dating a cheap boyfriend that refuses to buy her shit. That kind of relationship REALLY works.....
    I've been buying their "shit" for YEARS...I have a closet full of it. I have shelves full of it. I've done my part, and then some. And now, when it really matters, they're possibly leaving anyway?

Loyalty is a 2-way street.

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    WOW. Tempers Tempers my good friends. We are all in the same ship, just have different opinions on what way the Capt is taking her.

For me, I initially thought I would give up on them and try to find another team but that was mostly related to my assumption that the ownership group would be to blame for them leaving. Now that I'm aware of all the issues related to this (Thanks to our good friend NodakPaul) I am of the mind that I can't hold it against the owner.

Still, my loyalties to the team are imbedded, mostly because I was born and raised in MN and had family that cheered for the PUKERS and KC teams before we got the Vikes. I still remember all the "Fun" we had when those teams played each other......Most of you have heard my story about my uncles "wrestling" over games. In the end, I'm not sure I could cheer for either of those two teams no matter how hard I tried, especially the PUKERS. Heck, I can't even stand having one of their players on our team and refuse to even have them on my fantasy teams.

Additionally, I spent 22 years in the service. Anyone who has done anytime serving our country knows that the first question you usually get when you go to a new station/unit is "What team do you cheer for". Spent alot of years, gone from family and friends, talking to other sailors (who were missing thier families and friends) about my teams. Would be hard to get all that history back for the new team.

Leave or not, I will always be a Vikings fan. Its just there and it won't ever go away, not matter were they are located.

Will I be as avid of a fan? Probably not. I guess I would be more of a "Fan of the Game" than I am now and would rely more on the "Fantasy" aspect of the game to keep my interest at its top level and would probably have to gets some sort of patch for all my Jersies that said "Old School Original Fan" or something like that, but I would still follow them I guess.

On a side note........We (Wildwoman and the kids) talked about this the last 2 Sundays with the following of note.....

a. Wildwoman. We've been watching alot of the Seachickens. Seems she will probably go that way. I told her thats a hell of a long flight to see games, but the fan base is pretty good.

b. Baby Sister/Son-in-Law. For some reason like the Ravens. Mostly, I think, cause they are within driving distance and not the Deadskins.

c. Wildman. Probably would go with the Jags (he was born in Jax) but feels they are next to move. He is opting for the Pats. Loves the way the organization is always changing the team/evolving into a contender each and every year and because of how close they are compared to other teams.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    If not, I will follow the Cardinals but would likely never have the love I had for the Vikings and never have as much memorabilia.
    Hmmmm, wonder how many hours it would take me to get up to a tailgate with ya?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Hmmmm, wonder how many hours it would take me to get up to a tailgate with ya?
    What do you mean? Are you moving to this area?

Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    What do you mean? Are you moving to this area?
    Naw, I would probably elect to pick a team (following the thread) that had someone I knew local.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Which ones-Gordon Ramsay and Rachael Ray?
    For some reason, I found this to be fricken hilarious!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Naw, I would probably elect to pick a team (following the thread) that had someone I knew local.
    I am liking being around Cardinals fans. They are down to earth people just like Viking fans. I am looking forward to following them more. I have not been to a forum yet but I know a few co-workers that are on them.

Stop watching football altogether............
    None

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567