Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re:Would Cards D have been different vs TJack?

Heck yes Minny should have put in TJack.

I understand Brett has gotten us this far but Chilly needs to make tough game change decisions sometimes.

My Vote is YES TJACK Should have played.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Minny need to go into a Spread offense.

I'm really happy about this game minus E.J. injury.

This is how the Saints play and this was a good test for us.

We probably will see the Cards again in the playoffs so I'm sure we will get our revenge.

Last Minny looked tired.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Purple Floyd wrote:
    purplepat wrote:
    Don't laugh/kill/ridicule me here...
    Well that just eliminated most of the fun we could have with this thread

Plain and simple- NO.

Yes, TJ did well against them last year but if you want a Qb-QB comparison against last years Cardinals then I will offer Brett throwing a career high 6 TD's against them on the way to a 56-35 victory while playing with the Jets.

So slice it any way you want, TJ was not a better option.
    Winner!

We can compare last season, we won't get that comparison this season.

Cards outplayed us and I will leave it at that for this one game. If we meet again, it will be a different game and anything can happen.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

2008 vs. Arizona
    Peterson 28 for 165 yards
    5.9 YPC

2009 vs. Arizona
    Peterson 13 for 19 yards
    1.5 YPC

Answer: NO!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

We would have been murdered like 50-0 if that was the case.
    We're bringing purple back.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

purplepat wrote:
    You take away the fun with your first line.

My wild guess is that the defensive stategy is different for any team depending on who the QB is. That's just me though.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Prophet wrote:
    purplepat wrote:
    You take away the fun with your first line.

My wild guess is that the defensive stategy is different for any team depending on who the QB is. That's just me though.
    WTF? You finally show up after the site switch and you're making accurate and intelligent comments right off the bat? Come ON! Where's the real Acuphet?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Ahhhhh, been patiently waiting for this....... :P

I need to go find them, but there were a couple of articles posted earlier this year were a few defensive players were quoted as saying that it was harder to gameplan against the Vikes with TJ than the Vikes with our current starter.

Rationale was that they didn't have to worry about the noodles legs, just his arm. Against TJ they had to worry about his legs, and not so much his arm.

Is that a comparison of the two? Hell no. It just points out the obvious, the two have assets that cause concern.

I for one doubt that we would have seen the ameoba. That in and of itself would have taken the ability to put a "Spy" down in the box which in turn might have freed up AD to roam a bit more.

On a side note, I find it kindof interesting that a few of you automatically say we couldn't have won with TJ when in fact he won with a lesser team last year. Our team is arguably "Alot" better in almost every catagory this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

You know, my original premise was not whether the Vikes could or could not have won with TJack as the QB. Certainly, we had no way of foreseeing the defensive scheme that the Cards threw at the Vikings.

It just struck me that it might be hard for any team, any QB to complete passes downfield if the defense drops 8 men into coverage. I'd have to re-watch the game (if I could stomach it), and see how many times we kept a TE or RB in to block, meaning we had only four receivers out, and how many times a safety valve might have been effective. Given his age and desire to avoid getting hurt, I don't think it's a secret that Favre isn't going to take off running. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen him run past the line of scrimmage with the ball in his hand a single time this year (except maybe when he threw it that one time past the LOS). I was merely postulating that if we start to see the same kind of defense, we need to come up with an answer for it, and that answer might be Jackson.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

purplepat wrote:
    You know, my original premise was not whether the Vikes could or could not have won with TJack as the QB. Certainly, we had no way of foreseeing the defensive scheme that the Cards threw at the Vikings.

It just struck me that it might be hard for any team, any QB to complete passes downfield if the defense drops 8 men into coverage. I'd have to re-watch the game (if I could stomach it), and see how many times we kept a TE or RB in to block, meaning we had only four receivers out, and how many times a safety valve might have been effective. Given his age and desire to avoid getting hurt, I don't think it's a secret that Favre isn't going to take off running. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen him run past the line of scrimmage with the ball in his hand a single time this year (except maybe when he threw it that one time past the LOS). I was merely postulating that if we start to see the same kind of defense, we need to come up with an answer for it, and that answer might be Jackson.
    In that game I would have tossed Jackson into the mix after the first possession of the third quarter failed. Favre had his head up his ass and didn't have his normal fire in his eyes. I know, people don't like mixing up the QBs, but, there are days when some are off and tossing Jackson in would have been interesting. The best game of his career was when he beat the Cardinals in their house the year that the Cardinals went on to the SB. I wouldn't have minded seeing that. One of the things I'm excited about is the depth at QB (realizing that TJack and Rosenfels are both good backups) and don't have a problem switching out in various situations. What's there to lose? Well, home field advantage in the playoffs with the Saints taking a two game lead. Toss TJack into the mix in this situation when Favre is obviously off his game and not even seeing the open receivers and tossing into quad coverage.

I still give most of the credit to Billy Davis for dialing up a defense and to Whisenhunt for having the team ready to play. The Vikings came in like they were asleep in comparison.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast