Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Worst Vikings jersey purchase you ever made?

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105434
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105361
    .......snip......
    47 Browner, Joey, S, USC 1983-91
    .......snip......
    Thats one hell of a memory my friend......:P

On a side note, not that big when it comes to getting sigs, but one day I will get him to sign one of his jerseys for me.

Career stats
    INT 37
    INT yards 465
    Touchdowns 3

Career highlights and awards
    Pro Bowl (x6) (1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990)
    3◊ Associated Press first-team All-Pro selection (1987, 1988, 1990)
    1◊ Associated Press second-team All-Pro selection (1989)
    NFL 1980s All-Decade Team

Hopefully it will be on the day he is inducted into the HOF. To bad its such a sham as he probably won't make it on those numbers alone. (Sad emoticon)
    Browner was not just a great player, but is a great guy as well. I had the immense privilege of meeting him at a charity golf event last month. Smart, personable, charismatic. And a hell of a golfer too.

This is Joey Browner, me, and Jim Marshall
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1105504
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105434
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105361
    .......snip......
    47 Browner, Joey, S, USC 1983-91
    .......snip......
    Thats one hell of a memory my friend......:P

On a side note, not that big when it comes to getting sigs, but one day I will get him to sign one of his jerseys for me.

Career stats
    INT 37
    INT yards 465
    Touchdowns 3

Career highlights and awards
    Pro Bowl (x6) (1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990)
    3◊ Associated Press first-team All-Pro selection (1987, 1988, 1990)
    1◊ Associated Press second-team All-Pro selection (1989)
    NFL 1980s All-Decade Team

Hopefully it will be on the day he is inducted into the HOF. To bad its such a sham as he probably won't make it on those numbers alone. (Sad emoticon)
    Browner was not just a great player, but is a great guy as well. I had the immense privilege of meeting him at a charity golf event last month. Smart, personable, charismatic. And a hell of a golfer too.

This is Joey Browner, me, and Jim Marshall
    At first I almost went into "Bad Marrdro" mode on ya. I thought you typed he wasn't a great player.

Good thing I re-read posts.......Whew.

One day our paths will cross. To date, everyone says exactly what you said about meeting him.

I missed him down here in VA once. He was here with a couple of the Purple People eaters. Alas, I was home in MN for a Vikings game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105448
    Quote Originally Posted by "bbqplatypus318" #1105290
    Koren Robinson - all of two weeks before his DWI. I wear it on Saturday nights when I need something I won't mind getting puked on.
    +1
    Sounds like we bought our Koren Robinson jerseys on the same day. Was my first jersey purchase ever too.

Now I own three jerseys - K. Robinson, T. Jackson, S. Rice. Whoopie! Might have to start buying Vikings shirts instead.
    Are these garage sales specials?

I've only bought two, Chris Carter and AD. Although I sported an old worn out and cut down Wally Hilgenberg jersey under my pads in my high school days.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "tastywaves" #1105511
    Koren Robinson - all of two weeks before his DWI. I wear it on Saturday nights when I need something I won't mind getting puked on.
    +1
    Sounds like we bought our Koren Robinson jerseys on the same day. Was my first jersey purchase ever too.

Now I own three jerseys - K. Robinson, T. Jackson, S. Rice. Whoopie! Might have to start buying Vikings shirts instead.

I've only bought two, Chris Carter and AD. Although I sported an old worn out and cut down Wally Hilgenberg jersey under my pads in my high school days.
    My problem is I prefer to get jerseys that not everybody else has. I bought the Rice jersey before the 2008 season and the Tjack jersey his rookie season as a QB that wasn't supposed to see the field for 2 or 3 years.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1105670
    Quote Originally Posted by "tastywaves" #1105511
    +1

My problem is I prefer to get jerseys that not everybody else has. I bought the Rice jersey before the 2008 season and the Tjack jersey his rookie season as a QB that wasn't supposed to see the field for 2 or 3 years.
    lol Whoops! I agree with your way of getting jersey's though. Unfortunately they don't make the obscure ones. Everyone and their brother/sister has an AP and Allen jersey. Favre jersey's were popular the past 2 years as well (but I did break down and buy my old man a Favre jersey, mostly for the novelty of having a purple Favre jersey, though). I'd like to get a Ponder/McNabb one to kinda go side-by-side with dad's Favre (he has a Page and Eller jerseys we wear together).
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I can't say I've made a bad one. Every player I've bought I love. My favorite is probably my first jersey ever that my ex bought me. #20 Moe Williams. He's still one of my all time fav vikes!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I bought a K-Rob jersey. I don't regret buying it or any other Vikings jersey.

I was saddened that he fell off the wagon & got a DWI. I don't regret buying his jersey because of it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234