Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Worst QB situation in the NFL ?

"Billy" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Yeah I can totally see how someone would say Kitna who was #4 in passing yards this season with 4200+ and has always been a great passer is more of a gamble and question mark then Tarvaris.....that makes perfect sense.......

Because we watched all of a few games where his asshole puckered and he failed.....BUT I MEAN YEAH he is really really good and doesnt deserve to be ranked below the 4th highest passer in the entire NFL.

I mean Kitna ENOUGH SAID.........
    I believe critics claimed the Vike's QB situation was questionable last year while we had BJ.
    Kitna is comparable to BJ while Kitna is younger BJ has the ring.

I would say that the Vikes have the most questionable QB position (who really cares whos is THE worst) but as I have posted in another thread to spark optimism there are several teams that are somewhat questionable.
    Every year QB is a highly desirable position for many teams and turnover at QB is always high.
    Det's QBs is definitely one of those those teams.

If you wanna point out stats Kitna had 22 I-N-Ts to his 21 TDs, and Det was 3-13 with Kitna playing 16 games. (I believe this is where we argue about how much credit a QB has for his teams success.)

Too bad Detroit didn't finish 2-14 or we would not even be talking about this.
    LOL!

Kitna and Brad are polar opposites.
    Kitna can get it done with his arm, Brad could not.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"Del" wrote:
    There is no question about his skills. Wins and losses make no difference in the team sport. There is no way in hell anyone can honestly say Tarvaris is more of a sure thing then Kitna, and Johnson and Kitna are not even in the same realm of comparability in terms of QB styles. Kitna and Tarvaris are.

If anyone thinks that we do not deserve to be the most uncertain team AND they give Kitna as a source of proof they have their head up their ass. Or the darkest purple glasses known to man.
    The comparison that I drew was simple.
    I was comparing their role as veteran leader, basically which is why Millen didn't try to aqcuire another vet QB and what BJ was to be last year. Playing style is irrelevant to who has the most questionable QB unless it is Vick.
    The whole age superbowl point was positives relative to each other that levels the comparison.

Record is always a stretch but its fun to throw it out there.

I agree with you that Tarvaris is very risky and anybody that thinks he is not questionable is a fart knocker.
    Chillystyle admitted that he was a project.

*Edited above.
    Said the wrong thing trying to do too many things at once at work.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I think a lot of whether TJ is successful or not this year will depend on whether he and Childress can establish a relationship and good communication between themselves.
    One of the raps last year was that Chilly and Brad did not talk all that much on or off the field and that led to a less than creative game plan.
    For us to go anywhere this year I think they have to be sharing the same page.
    I am encouraged knowing that TJ was Childress's choice as the QB to eventually replace Culpeper.

When you look at the teams that really do well in almost all cases the coach and the QB are joined at the hip during the season.

WWBGD

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"RK." wrote:
    I think a lot of whether TJ is successful or not this year will depend on whether he and Childress can establish a relationship and good communication between themselves.
    One of the raps last year was that Chilly and Brad did not talk all that much on or off the field and that led to a less than creative game plan.
    I am encouraged knowing that TJ was Childress's choice as the QB to eventually replace Culpeper.

When you look at the teams that really do well in almost all cases the coach and the QB are joined at the hip during the season.
    I have good faith that TJ will develop. But what number of choice was TJ?

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"Billy" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:

I have good faith that TJ will develop. But what number of choice was TJ?

He was the only QB drafted last year so that makes him #1.
    None of our free agent QBs can be described as the franchise QB of the future for us.
    Thigpen was a 7th round pick this year and has a long way to go.
    If Chilly didn't think TJ was our guy I think they would have gone after one of the big names in the first round this year.

WWBGD

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

it's not really a matter of worse situation cuz whose to say.
    just like my miami analogy, people had them going to the super bowl meanwhile they had one of the worse qb situations in football last year.

tavaris is raw, he could be very good, disgustingly bad, or mediocre.
    so if they are distinguishing by judging based on unproven than yes we might be the worse.
    but kitna.
    yah he's proven.
    to put up big yards, about the same amount of td's to int's, if not worse, and lead you to an 8-8 record at best.
    i'll take my chances with a guy than can do all the things kitna can and maybe better, but has to prove it.
    the most important thing at qb is vision and decision making, all the other attributes needed i think tavaris has displayed in his limited action.
    this year proves the other two, and remember, he doesn't have to carry the load, we should have a good running game.

and enough of this no talent at wr junk.
    again it might be raw but i'm sure all you guys were asking why new orleans was trading away stalworth when all they got is old ass joe horn and then a marques colston came along. or the jets with cotchery, and on and on.
    you can make it work if you use your players right.
    the vikes don't have to throw for 4800 yards, they just need to keep offenses honest and we should have enough playmakers to at least do that.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910