Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 68
  1. #11
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,776
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re:Worst Player EVER to wear the Purple and Gold

    Three way tie between:

    Dimitrius Underwood - the original headcase that somehow slipped through the combine assessment, pre draft assessment and the War Room.. bust within hours of his career starting.

    Troy Williamson - the only WR in that draft who had hands like feet and couldn't a ball if he had industrial strength stickum, a lacrosse net and 10 minutes warning that it was coming his way.

    Spergon Wynn - nowadays we'd say that he needed developing and put him at #2 even though we know he sucked. However we did keep him about for longer than Underwood and less time than Williamson and got the same result - bust.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  2. #12
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re:Worst Player EVER to wear the Purple and Gold

    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Willie Offord
    Ahhhh Willie. I wonder what would have become of him if he wouldn't have blown the knee.
    Why? Didn't he blow his knee in his 4th or 5th season? He had his best year as rookie, and did as close to nothing as possible between then and his injury. Sacks, picks, tackles, forced fumbles, goose eggs across the board aside from the anomalous "1."

  3. #13
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re:Worst Player EVER to wear the Purple and Gold

    C Mac D wrote:
    +1

    I have to admit that my hate for Oscar Reed tops Williamson and some of the other asshats that were mentioned.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    166

    Re:Worst Player EVER to wear the Purple and Gold

    onterrio smith

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re:Worst Player EVER to wear the Purple and Gold

    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Willie Offord
    Ahhhh Willie. I wonder what would have become of him if he wouldn't have blown the knee.
    Why? Didn't he blow his knee in his 4th or 5th season? He had his best year as rookie, and did as close to nothing as possible between then and his injury. Sacks, picks, tackles, forced fumbles, goose eggs across the board aside from the anomalous "1."
    Just checked wiki to make sure I was membering right....

    Drafted in 02, blew the knee in 05. 2 years or so isn't that long of a spell to count him as a bust.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,543

    Re:Worst Player EVER to wear the Purple and Gold

    1) Mardye McDole. 1st Viking picked (2nd Round) with the #39 pick of the 1981 draft. 3 year NFL career...3 Receptions, 29 Yards. Just awful. Of note: Nine picks before Howie Long was drafted.

    2) Virtully every single linebaker drafted in the 80's. The who's who of players thriving in futility...Dennis Johnson-Rd 4 '80, Robin Sendlein-Rd 2 '81, Jim Fahnhorst-Rd 4 '82, Tim Meamber-Rd 3 '85, Ray Berry, Rd 2 '87, David Braxton, Rd 2 '89. The only decent linebacker drafted during the decade, yes DECADE, was Walker Lee Ashley...and, his only accomplishment of note (if you can call it that) is that his tackle ended Billy Sims' career.

    3) Dimitrius Underwood

    4) Troy Williamson...dude can't catch a cold and makes more than virtually all of us :huh:

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  7. #17
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re:Worst Player EVER to wear the Purple and Gold

    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Willie Offord
    Ahhhh Willie. I wonder what would have become of him if he wouldn't have blown the knee.
    Why? Didn't he blow his knee in his 4th or 5th season? He had his best year as rookie, and did as close to nothing as possible between then and his injury. Sacks, picks, tackles, forced fumbles, goose eggs across the board aside from the anomalous "1."
    Just checked wiki to make sure I was membering right....

    Drafted in 02, blew the knee in 05. 2 years or so isn't that long of a spell to count him as a bust.
    02, 03, 04 with his best season as a rookie? 68 tackles and 1 interception in 3 years, with regression after the first, at safety. He didn't play that much though... regardless, he's on my list.

  8. #18
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:Worst Player EVER to wear the Purple and Gold

    MaxVike wrote:
    4) Troy Williamson...dude can't catch a cold and makes more than virtually all of us :huh:
    The thing about Williamson is that he might be the worst DRAFT PICK the Vikings have ever made, but is he really the worst player?

    I'm not sure if he's even the worst WR the Vikings ever had.

    Here's a quick list of WRs they've had who, I believe, are worse than TWill:
    Eric Guliford
    Todd Lowber (that's for Prophet)
    Robert Tate (originally a WR before they converted him into a crappy DB)
    Billy McMullen
    Bethel Johnson
    Jason Carter
    Keenan Howry
    Alfred Jackson
    Nate Jaquet
    Yo Murphy
    Martin Nance
    Olanda Truitt
    Buster Rhymes

    And so forth.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re:Worst Player EVER to wear the Purple and Gold

    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Willie Offord
    Ahhhh Willie. I wonder what would have become of him if he wouldn't have blown the knee.
    Why? Didn't he blow his knee in his 4th or 5th season? He had his best year as rookie, and did as close to nothing as possible between then and his injury. Sacks, picks, tackles, forced fumbles, goose eggs across the board aside from the anomalous "1."
    Just checked wiki to make sure I was membering right....

    Drafted in 02, blew the knee in 05. 2 years or so isn't that long of a spell to count him as a bust.
    02, 03, 04 with his best season as a rookie? 68 tackles and 1 interception in 3 years, with regression after the first, at safety. He didn't play that much though... regardless, he's on my list.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning him being on your list.

    I am just remembering a player I thought really had potential that wasn't really ever given the chance.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:Worst Player EVER to wear the Purple and Gold

    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Willie Offord
    Ahhhh Willie. I wonder what would have become of him if he wouldn't have blown the knee.
    Why? Didn't he blow his knee in his 4th or 5th season? He had his best year as rookie, and did as close to nothing as possible between then and his injury. Sacks, picks, tackles, forced fumbles, goose eggs across the board aside from the anomalous "1."
    Just checked wiki to make sure I was membering right....

    Drafted in 02, blew the knee in 05. 2 years or so isn't that long of a spell to count him as a bust.
    02, 03, 04 with his best season as a rookie? 68 tackles and 1 interception in 3 years, with regression after the first, at safety. He didn't play that much though... regardless, he's on my list.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning him being on your list.

    I am just remembering a player I thought really had potential that wasn't really ever given the chance.
    Sure you're not thinking of Willie Howard?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How you became a fan of the Purple and Gold..
    By pack93z in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 10:13 AM
  2. How long have you been following the purple and gold????
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 12:28 AM
  3. Cutler In Purple and Gold?
    By ViKing24 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-14-2006, 04:25 AM
  4. Purple and Gold
    By bigdaddy72_1 in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-06-2006, 01:37 AM
  5. purple or gold?
    By mr.woo in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 09:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •