Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Worst Player EVER to wear the Purple and Gold

Three way tie between:

Dimitrius Underwood - the original headcase that somehow slipped through the combine assessment, pre draft assessment and the War Room.. bust within hours of his career starting.

Troy Williamson - the only WR in that draft who had hands like feet and couldn't a ball if he had industrial strength stickum, a lacrosse net and 10 minutes warning that it was coming his way.

Spergon Wynn - nowadays we'd say that he needed developing and put him at #2 even though we know he sucked. However we did keep him about for longer than Underwood and less time than Williamson and got the same result - bust.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Willie Offord
    Ahhhh Willie. I wonder what would have become of him if he wouldn't have blown the knee.
    Why? Didn't he blow his knee in his 4th or 5th season? He had his best year as rookie, and did as close to nothing as possible between then and his injury. Sacks, picks, tackles, forced fumbles, goose eggs across the board aside from the anomalous "1."

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    +1

I have to admit that my hate for Oscar Reed tops Williamson and some of the other asshats that were mentioned.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

onterrio smith

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Willie Offord
    Ahhhh Willie. I wonder what would have become of him if he wouldn't have blown the knee.
    Why? Didn't he blow his knee in his 4th or 5th season? He had his best year as rookie, and did as close to nothing as possible between then and his injury. Sacks, picks, tackles, forced fumbles, goose eggs across the board aside from the anomalous "1."
    Just checked wiki to make sure I was membering right....

Drafted in 02, blew the knee in 05. 2 years or so isn't that long of a spell to count him as a bust.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni

1) Mardye McDole. 1st Viking picked (2nd Round) with the #39 pick of the 1981 draft. 3 year NFL career...3 Receptions, 29 Yards. Just awful. Of note: Nine picks before Howie Long was drafted.

2) Virtully every single linebaker drafted in the 80's. The who's who of players thriving in futility...Dennis Johnson-Rd 4 '80, Robin Sendlein-Rd 2 '81, Jim Fahnhorst-Rd 4 '82, Tim Meamber-Rd 3 '85, Ray Berry, Rd 2 '87, David Braxton, Rd 2 '89. The only decent linebacker drafted during the decade, yes DECADE, was Walker Lee Ashley...and, his only accomplishment of note (if you can call it that) is that his tackle ended Billy Sims' career.

3) Dimitrius Underwood

4) Troy Williamson...dude can't catch a cold and makes more than virtually all of us :huh:

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Willie Offord

Drafted in 02, blew the knee in 05. 2 years or so isn't that long of a spell to count him as a bust.
    02, 03, 04 with his best season as a rookie? 68 tackles and 1 interception in 3 years, with regression after the first, at safety. He didn't play that much though... regardless, he's on my list.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

MaxVike wrote:
    4) Troy Williamson...dude can't catch a cold and makes more than virtually all of us :huh:
    The thing about Williamson is that he might be the worst DRAFT PICK the Vikings have ever made, but is he really the worst player?

I'm not sure if he's even the worst WR the Vikings ever had.

Here's a quick list of WRs they've had who, I believe, are worse than TWill:
    Eric Guliford
    Todd Lowber (that's for Prophet)
    Robert Tate (originally a WR before they converted him into a crappy DB)
    Billy McMullen
    Bethel Johnson
    Jason Carter
    Keenan Howry
    Alfred Jackson
    Nate Jaquet
    Yo Murphy
    Martin Nance
    Olanda Truitt
    Buster Rhymes

And so forth.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Willie Offord

02, 03, 04 with his best season as a rookie? 68 tackles and 1 interception in 3 years, with regression after the first, at safety. He didn't play that much though... regardless, he's on my list.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning him being on your list.

I am just remembering a player I thought really had potential that wasn't really ever given the chance.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Willie Offord

Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning him being on your list.

I am just remembering a player I thought really had potential that wasn't really ever given the chance.
    Sure you're not thinking of Willie Howard?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast