Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post

SUMMARY: Your speech about it not being over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor has some merit, but I don't think it was the Germans if you catch my drift

OK, I spit perfectly good soda on my screen when I read that one.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Since your so eager to toot your own horn here. Lets break down what you actually posted to see how right you really were.

Marrdro says:

Facts say:
    QB: #12 on QB rating with a 95.7
    Although you did accurately predict that without a great QB, they are mediocre offense
    Offensive rating: #18 using total yards
    Defensive rating: #10 using total yards....far from shitty

Verdict: The defense is what's keeping them in games so far. Record is 2-2, can't count them out yet, but they have a long ways to go before they reach the same level of play as last year. Maybe the NFL is just a passing league after all (sorry just a personal comment to myself of how much I hate the idea that teams only have to excel at passing to be successful).

Marrdo says:

Facts say:
    QB rating: 75.3 -- pretty accurate on this one, but looked pretty damn good against the Cowboys
    Offense rating: #24
    Defense rating: #12 --- not bad for that aging defense, did I mention that aging defense?

Verdict: Team is 3-1 tied with the Vikings, hard to bag on these guys at this point.

Marrdro says:

Okay, I'll give you this one. Team is 1-3 and looking vulnerable in many areas.

SUMMARY: Your speech about it not being over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor has some merit, but I don't think it was the Germans if you catch my drift
    Devils in the details isn't it.

You did notice that I admitted were I was off a bit on that early take didn't you? Watch the GB defense start to go under if they lose that QB.......

....and for the life of me I can't figure out how that Bores defense keeps on keeping on. Did you see the stuff from Urrrpacker on how bad his knee was? How that cat keeps playing is beyond me.

In the end, my primary point then is still the same......Just because a yutz reporter said we were going to be the worst team shouldn't be believe because they are nothing more than yutz's with a opinion just like me that is probably wrong so there is no need to go out and start jumping off of bridges and cutting ones throats like several of the posters appeared to be doing in this thread........

.....just saying.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    OK, I spit perfectly good soda on my screen when I read that one.
    That is why our good friend Tasty is at the top of the "you crack me up" spreadsheet........
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    Let's hope Barkley isn't another John David Booty. I don't think the Vikings will be in the position to draft that high but one things is for sure and it's that the Browns will waste their first round pick on a finesse position like QB. What a poorly ran franchise, they can never seem to get it right.
    Why are you talking Barkley?

Are there people on this site that still doubt that Ponder isn't going to grow into our QB? WOW.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Remember this?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling. Some yutz reporter has us as one of the worst teams.

Hey, I have a quick question, were did the yutz reporters have the 49rs finishing last year with the same team Singletary could win with?

Truth of the matter is we don't know what this team will do until the season is over with. 6-10, 8-8, 9-7, all in th realm of possibilities especially when you look at the teams in our division.

PUKERS - Great QB, shitty defense. What are they without their great QB? A mediocre offense with a shitty defense.

Bores - Aging defense with a QB that is the next best coming of the Noodle (INT monster) with an OL that sets him up to fail more than it does to succeed. Did I mention that aging defense.

LIONS - A team that is one back to back losses away from self destructing.

Let any one of those scenarios come true and you can add one, maybe two wins to a young inconsistent team like the Vikes (depending on when it happens in the year), so lets let the season play out before we start grabbing the shoring materials to keep the sky off our Purple and Gold heads.
    I'd like to have Steve show me in here were I said we would be winning on Toby's legs and Ponders arm?

He can't, he's talking out his jiggly butt based on something I posted on FB my friends.

........snicker.......

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I'd like to have Steve show me in here were I said we would be winning on Toby's legs and Ponders arm?

He can't, he's talking out his jiggly butt based on something I posted on FB my friends.

........snicker.......
    Sorry, not talking out of my butt. You said it on FB & just admitted it again here that you did.

I guess I'll have to show you to refresh your memory a bit............

Marty Soder Go visit the PPO page, I took alot of heat for disagreeing with the pundints and said 9-7/10-6. Course I didn't see AD having a season like this. I actually thought Toby would carry the load and Ponder would have had a better showing.
    Sunday at 8:18pm · Edited · Like
    There, I showed you.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Sorry, not talking out of my butt. You said it on FB & just admitted it again here that you did.

There, I showed you.

Dozens of people here have tooted their horns & played the "I told you so game"

toot toot

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

There, I showed you.
    LOL, my point is, that the point I was making in this thread was that we would win more based on the stuff I thought about our divisional opponents, not what Tobey or Ponder would do so you shouldn't have plugged that in here.

...neaner neaner neaner.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123