Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    PUKERS - Great QB, shitty defense. What are they without their great QB? A mediocre offense with a shitty defense.
    Who gives a shit. They have a great QB.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling. Some yutz reporter has us as one of the worst teams.

Hey, I have a quick question, were did the yutz reporters have the 49rs finishing last year with the same team Singletary could win with?

Truth of the matter is we don't know what this team will do until the season is over with. 6-10, 8-8, 9-7, all in th realm of possibilities especially when you look at the teams in our division.

PUKERS - Great QB, shitty defense. What are they without their great QB? A mediocre offense with a shitty defense.

Bores - Aging defense with a QB that is the next best coming of the Noodle (INT monster) with an OL that sets him up to fail more than it does to succeed. Did I mention that aging defense.

LIONS - A team that is one back to back losses away from self destructing.

Let any one of those scenarios come true and you can add one, maybe two wins to a young inconsistent team like the Vikes (depending on when it happens in the year), so lets let the season play out before we start grabbing the shoring materials to keep the sky off our Purple and Gold heads.
    I find it appropriate that you call the guy with one of the top 3 arms in the game the 'next best coming of the noodle'

not to mention, a guy you were VERY VERY high on that draft year.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    This team does have major concerns. Ponder is still a question mark. Can he throw the out patterns without a near pick most throws? Is Brinkley starting material? How will the young safties respond? Can WInfield stay healthy? Do we have strength up the middle to stop the run with a new nose, and an aging Williams? This team ranked very high in sacks and still gave up tons of yards passing. That's a big concern. How good is this new d coordinator? And most of all is Frasier up to the task as being the head guy? He really has not shown that he belongs there yet.. And depth..... do we have any? It seems that we are very thin in a lot of postions. I'd love to say the Vikings can win 8 games but I don't really see them winning any more than 5 tops. This team is still a few GOOD drafts from becoming anything close to contenders IMO

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling. Some yutz reporter has us as one of the worst teams.

Hey, I have a quick question, were did the yutz reporters have the 49rs finishing last year with the same team Singletary could win with?
    While I agree with the premise that many pundits and prognosticators are often just a bunch of yutzes, it is obvious that the 49ers new coaching staff was superior to the their old one. In the Vikings case, most of the new staff is the same as the old staff or underperformed elsewhere including with the very same 49ers.

The Vikings regressed to 3-13 last season, whereas the 49ers improved vastly with the new coaching. If past performance is an indicator, how are we to believe that the Vikings will be much better than last season? I agree that they could be; but why would any prognosticator believe so? What changes have the Vikings made? What past history do these coaches have in developing championship teams? What new proven personnel do the Vikings have starting?

The sky is not falling, but perhaps we should worry about the bricks at are still loose above our heads.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Screw you Breer

Worst NFL team: Vikings, Browns in Matt Barkley sweepstakes? - NFL.com

Brutal division will sink the Vikings, but Barkley's not the automatic No. 1 pick
    The Minnesota Vikings, for reasons that include -- but aren't limited to -- playing in the redwood forest that is the NFC North. At this point, Minnesota is miles behind Green Bay, Chicago and Detroit, and is in the process of rebuilding a roster that's paying the price for the all-in mentality of the Brett Favre era. I'll need to see more to be convinced Christian Ponder's the answer. Not to mention, Adrian Peterson is coming off ACL surgery; it will take a bit for him to get his burst and timing back. The offensive line still needs work and the defense isn't there yet.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I find it appropriate that you call the guy with one of the top 3 arms in the game the 'next best coming of the noodle'

not to mention, a guy you were VERY VERY high on that draft year.
    You noticed the Open Paren (....Closed Paren ) and what was contained therein right? A reference to INT's and how many he throws......

Not a hard thing to equate.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Who gives a shit. They have a great QB.
    And a crappy record.......Its posts like this that keep ole Mars away now. He's afraid I'll hack on him to bad or start with the "Owned" stuff he likes to do.......

LOL. Comeon back Mars. Its OK, I won't be mean.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Truth of the matter is we don't know what this team will do until the season is over with. 6-10, 8-8, 9-7, all in th realm of possibilities especially when you look at the teams in our division.

Bores - Aging defense with a QB that is the next best coming of the Noodle (INT monster) with an OL that sets him up to fail more than it does to succeed. Did I mention that aging defense.

Let any one of those scenarios come true and you can add one, maybe two wins to a young inconsistent team like the Vikes (depending on when it happens in the year), so lets let the season play out before we start grabbing the shoring materials to keep the sky off our Purple and Gold heads.
    Hmmmm, wonder how come I seem to be more right than those yutz reporters.......LOL.

I was wrong on the PUKERS though. I didn't anticipate how awful that OL was going to be. Should have caught onto that tidbit when they added Jeff Saturday.

jwmann2 is offline Waterboy
    Let's hope Barkley isn't another John David Booty. I don't think the Vikings will be in the position to draft that high but one things is for sure and it's that the Browns will waste their first round pick on a finesse position like QB. What a poorly ran franchise, they can never seem to get it right.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Hmmmm, wonder how come I seem to be more right than those yutz reporters.......LOL.

I was wrong on the PUKERS though. I didn't anticipate how awful that OL was going to be. Should have caught onto that tidbit when they added Jeff Saturday.
    Since your so eager to toot your own horn here. Lets break down what you actually posted to see how right you really were.

Marrdro says:
    Facts say:
    QB: #12 on QB rating with a 95.7
    Although you did accurately predict that without a great QB, they are mediocre offense
    Offensive rating: #18 using total yards
    Defensive rating: #10 using total yards....far from shitty

Verdict: The defense is what's keeping them in games so far. Record is 2-2, can't count them out yet, but they have a long ways to go before they reach the same level of play as last year. Maybe the NFL is just a passing league after all (sorry just a personal comment to myself of how much I hate the idea that teams only have to excel at passing to be successful).

Marrdo says:
    Facts say:
    QB rating: 75.3 -- pretty accurate on this one, but looked pretty damn good against the Cowboys
    Offense rating: #24
    Defense rating: #12 --- not bad for that aging defense, did I mention that aging defense?

Verdict: Team is 3-1 tied with the Vikings, hard to bag on these guys at this point.

Marrdro says:
    Okay, I'll give you this one. Team is 1-3 and looking vulnerable in many areas.

SUMMARY: Your speech about it not being over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor has some merit, but I don't think it was the Germans if you catch my drift

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast