Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Worst loss?

  1. #1
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Worst loss?

    So where does this game rank as far as recent memory of games that we have lost does it even belong on the list. 98 vs Atlanta obvioulsy but as far as getting our asses handed to us. 41-0 Giants playoffs and ???

  2. #2
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Worst loss?

    As far as collossal disappointments go, this one ranks up there. I mean, back in some of the Tice games I expected to get beat, but I haven't felt this low since we missed the playoffs because of the play against the Cardinals.

  3. #3
    TheKnuck's Avatar
    TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    572

    Re: Worst loss?

    well i don't feel as sick now as i did against those games, but maybe i should if this is how were gonna play against afc teams.
    on the bright side...............we can win our next 4 and be 8-3.

  4. #4
    SWAYZE74's Avatar
    SWAYZE74 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    258

    Re: Worst loss?

    against the pats...not that bad...we were 2-5 last year remember...

    peace...
    peace...

  5. #5
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,778

    Re: Worst loss?

    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    As far as collossal disappointments go, this one ranks up there. I mean, back in some of the Tice games I expected to get beat, but I haven't felt this low since we missed the playoffs because of the play against the Cardinals.
    That Cards game and when the Bengals loss cost us a playoff spot a few years before.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Worst loss?

    When you do look on the bright side, we have an easy schedule the rest of the season. When you look on the dark side, a good QB tears our "great" defense to shreds, so no matter where they go, the wildcard is as far as they can go. Who here is satisfied by wild card? Tice could have gotten us a wildcard.
    BJ obviously isn't a leader, our o-line can't operate at the level they're paid and our secondary is a bunch of names on jerseys floating around wondering what's happened while they eat up the cap. Its hard to be a fan when they rebuild in the middle of a championship caliber cap but have a no-future QB. Playoff loss this year, then what? QB controversy while all the older guys who came here for a ring get frustrated and demand trades? Then restart with new lines on both sides and whoever is available in FA? Another 7 year cycle before the Vikings have a shot?

  7. #7
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Worst loss?

    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    So where does this game rank as far as recent memory of games that we have lost does it even belong on the list. 98 vs Atlanta obvioulsy but as far as getting our asses handed to us. 41-0 Giants playoffs and ???
    Doesn't even belong on the list...we (and the officials) gave the game to the Patsies!

    When Brad lobbed up that pass to Mewelde and it got picked (because Mewelde got grabbed around the waist and couldn't get to it...but no call), I knew that we would be in for a long evening.
    It was then that I noticed the little pencil-necked Patsy fans sitting in front of us...post-Millenium Patsy fans that have never known a losing season...fair-weather punks that will soon pick another team when the inevitable decline begins...and I felt sorry for them because I realized that their glee at the success of their team of the moment would soon be replaced by the despair that they most likely feel when they have to return to their crappy jobs and crappy lives...and the cloud of our loss was suddenly lifted!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #8
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Worst loss?

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    So where does this game rank as far as recent memory of games that we have lost does it even belong on the list. 98 vs Atlanta obvioulsy but as far as getting our asses handed to us. 41-0 Giants playoffs and ???
    Doesn't even belong on the list...we (and the officials) gave the game to the Patsies!

    When Brad lobbed up that pass to Mewelde and it got picked (because Mewelde got grabbed around the waist and couldn't get to it...but no call), I knew that we would be in for a long evening.
    It was then that I noticed the little pencil-necked Patsy fans sitting in front of us...post-Millenium Patsy fans that have never known a losing season...fair-weather punks that will soon pick another team when the inevitable decline begins...and I felt sorry for them because I realized that their glee at the success of their team of the moment would soon be replaced by the despair that they most likely feel when they have to return to their crappy jobs and crappy lives...and the cloud of our loss was suddenly lifted!
    Nice Cajun. You know, I'm starting to see where all of this Bahston disdain comes from, and I think I'm coming around to your side.

    Anyhoo, you're also right about that pick. Tedy Bruschi got away with fricken murder on that play. Smarmy little... >

  9. #9
    Redrouster's Avatar
    Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    329

    Re: Worst loss?

    This one doesn't sit on the worst loss list. I think the reason behind some saying it should is the fact that it was Monday night football, we were 4-2 and looking to make a statement about the Vikes this year, and of course, we were playing at home, never a good place to lose. As much as I would like to say we were robbed out of a victory, I just can't say it.

    I think our defensive coor. did a horrible job. That zone D let Brady throw all over us. The plays in which we did blitz, we got some good pressure on him (minus the one screen pass). The Pats came out right away and made it known that they were going to throw the ball. We didn't adjust! We let him keep throwing.

    BJ was not himself and did not play his game. Those gol 'darnit 40-50 yard passes to whoever were terrible. It was like he was trying to prove something. He looked bad. Where was the run? We have been stuffed for a few series in other games on the run but still kept up with it and it paid off. Not this game, we had to go straight to the pass until interceptions came and then we still went with the pass. (does anyone know the Pass/run play call numbers?)

    Lets hope the coaching staff sticks this one in the "Oh wow, lets not do this again" file and moves on and gets back to the winning ways!
    GO VIKES!

  10. #10
    BigMoInAZ's Avatar
    BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    446

    Re: Worst loss?

    That ranks right up there with one of the worst stinkers ever!
    Not that I expected them to win, but to at least show some heart and some promise.
    What we witnessed instead was a dismantling of our defense by a great football mind who knew better than to bash his head on a wall senselessly by trying to run, so just pass, and pass some more, and maybe throw in a run now and then, but keep passing until the lead is secured and they win by more than three touchdowns, on the road!

    OK, I'm losing oxygen here!

    Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Our Next Loss
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 12:01 PM
  2. Which team will be worst of the worst?
    By cogitans in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 05:13 PM
  3. Oregon hands Mich. worst loss since 1968!
    By ultravikingfan in forum College Ball
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 08:18 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 01:47 PM
  5. Best win for the vikes and worst loss this year
    By DuhBears in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 09:15 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •