Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Which is worse???

"singersp" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    .....Last Sunday at the Metrodome the Bears faced third and long with the game on the line.
    Grossman looked Fred Smoot's direction the entire time and fired a strike to his man for a crucial first down.
    Did he not also fire some crucial 1st downs to Winfields man?

Both of them were giving the receivers way to much room to make the catches. Was that Tomlin's stategy?
    I agree Singer.
    There was WAY too much cushion on some of those plays...
    ???
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    I just hope he makes me eat my words.
    And never opens his mouth again.
    dont count on the 2nd part
    I wouldn't count on the first part either.
    Neither one will ever happen because Smoot is a habitual trash talker and Mensa is a eternal Smoot hater.

No offense Mensa, but Smoot could shut down every pass his way and return three for TDs and you would still try to find something to complain about him.

Seriously.
    Winfield had his share of passes caught in front of him, but nobody is starting any Winfield bashing threads.

:
    Our defense played a great game on Sunday.
    There is no need to single anybody's play out as the weak link.

(Although I have to admit, I did laugh out loud when I read Mensa'a post. ;D)
    There's a big difference between SMOOT and WINFIELD.

SMOOT runs his mouth and rarely backs it up.

WINFIELD isn't a trash talker and while he's NOT a cover corner, he's a great tackler!

I'd be looking for 2 smothering corners corners myself next season, dump the mouth, and keep WINFIELD!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Was it not Whitaker covering him on that play?

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    .....Last Sunday at the Metrodome the Bears faced third and long with the game on the line.
    Grossman looked Fred Smoot's direction the entire time and fired a strike to his man for a crucial first down.
    Did he not also fire some crucial 1st downs to Winfields man?

Both of them were giving the receivers way to much room to make the catches. Was that Tomlin's stategy?
    I agree Singer.
    There was WAY too much cushion on some of those plays...

???
    I know the cushions are big, looks like at times they're 8-10 yards at the snap, but isn't this part of the bend don't break defense, keeping the WR infront, stopping the yac, and not letting the WR blast by for the big play.
    Granted Smoot did give that huge cushion inside the 10 that was a TD (think the first game) and Whitaker got caught by the Bears, but we haven't seen the big plays hit us several times (last years Bengals and Panther games).

Although I wish Smoot game would catch up to his mouth or just shut the hell up :

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"Mr" wrote:
    Was it not Whitaker covering him on that play?
    Not on the big third down that set up the TD

[color=red]

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

If you watch winfield play you notice that he plays a lot of man to man or he start about 3-5 yards in front of the reciever.Smoot however always gives the reciver a 10 yard cushion!why?I have no idea......

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"MensaTice" wrote:
    Where is the outrage toward Grossman and the Bears' OC?
    Is it because first story involved children or is this country just a lot more sensitive to cancer victims than the mentally RETARDD?

Whats a retardd?
    : Webster explains it as someone who worships a coach
    who got the job because he worked for beer.

Just curious as to what you think?
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

While I don't know why Smoot played off most on that 3rd down, probably didn't want to give up a big play, if he was doing something he's not supposed to the coaches would have addressed his coverage issues. With that said correct me if i'm wrong doesn't cover 2 usualy involve bump and run...we seem to be playing alot of Cover 3 much like we did last year with Cottrell, which is what we were playing when Grossman threw that TD and what we played for most of that series and it proved to be very costly.

I'm not going to start bashing Smoot, cause well he really hasn't played all that bad this year, he's been beat a few times but nothing like last year. Now come week 11 or 12 and he has some bad games along the road I'll start to speculate whether or not he's worthy of his contract but not this early. Some of you have a personal vendetta against the guy for that Carolina game alone but the second half of the year he played fairly well.

Every corner gets beat once in a while, it happens, hell Champ Bailey had a rough year and a half when he first got with the Broncos and people were all over him and now he's settled in pretty much. Give the guy a break and a chance, hell he's learning a new system too just like the rest of the defense.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

winfield and smoot together make a very dangerous combination.

i won't say both are the exact top athlete you could have in that position..
    but i will say both are what we have. Nothing is gonna change it.

not whinning, not complaining, not even bashing someone doing a job he's been trained to do.

i'm not a huge Smoot fan, but i will say he is talanted, he's got the skills to be in the NFL..

now until someone brings me stats saying that 77?% of passes in smoots direction are caught for an avg of say 9 yrds.. i'll keep thinking that we havn't given up a major TD play (cept for that last bears drive) our D has been stopping people in the redzone, and in open field. so I guess that people are doing their job.

I'll hold my dump this guy or reward this guy till after the season is over and we have all the time in the world to player bash.

Till then, Tomlin, keep yer dogs on a short leash, and keep them hungry!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Well, give me your opinion on this guys.
    Why don't the DBs "mug" the WR at the line of scrimmage to screw up the timing and stop the route?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast