singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Workload won't be excessive for Taylor

[size=13pt]Workload won't be excessive for Taylor[/size]

The Vikings know what the running back can do, so they don't plan to wear him out in preseason games.

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: August 17, 2007 – 5:19 AM

A year ago in the Vikings' preseason opener against Oakland, Chester Taylor carried the ball nine times and gained 18 yards....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Workload won't be excessive for Taylor

Chester Taylor won't get but 2-6 plays in, and then AP will play 1st, and 2nd downs with Mewelde on third downs for the first half. We aren't going to show CT, and AP in the backfield at the same time until the season starts. Have to keep people guessing how they'll be used.

We have a lot of RB's vying for a few spots, so Fason, Pinner, Whitlock, Tahi will be getting the most looks in the second half.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

This whole article talks about how Taylor got tired at the end of the season from carrying the ball to much. Yet I remember Childress saying time and time again that Taylor didn't really get good until he's "worked up a lather." and that Taylor needs that many carries in a game.
    Now he's saying the opposite.
    Which is it Brad?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Chester Taylor won't get but 2-6 plays in, and then AP will play 1st, and 2nd downs with Mewelde on third downs for the first half. We aren't going to show CT, and AP in the backfield at the same time until the season starts. Have to keep people guessing how they'll be used.

We have a lot of RB's vying for a few spots, so Fason, Pinner, Whitlock, Tahi will be getting the most looks in the second half.
    My friend, don't get to excited over seeing them both as I still contend that won't happen as often as some of you think.

Base offensive sets will see a RB and a FB.
    In certain passings situations, however, you might see both but only is the situation dictates.

Wish I had a breakdown of when/how the Saints did it last year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    ...Wish I had a breakdown of when/how the Saints did it last year.
    You do, go to nfl.com and play by play and it's all there.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    This whole article talks about how Taylor got tired at the end of the season from carrying the ball to much. Yet I remember Childress saying time and time again that Taylor didn't really get good until he's "worked up a lather." and that Taylor needs that many carries in a game.
    Now he's saying the opposite.
    Which is it Brad?
    Two completely different things.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

My friend, don't get to excited over seeing them both as I still contend that won't happen as often as some of you think.

In certain passings situations, however, you might see both but only is the situation dictates.

They signed Drew Brees...and we DIDN'T.
    Then, they got lucky and Reggie Bush fell to them...meanwhile, we took Greenway, who was out for the year after getting hurt in preseason on a kickoff play.
    They also hired Sean Payton...and we hired Brad Childress. Then Payton took some unheralded but key players (Scott Fujita, Terrence Copper, others) from Dallas (where he was the OC) while Childress took some players (Billy McMullen, Mike McMahon...and gave Philly Hank Baskett) from Philly (where he was the OC).
    Then the Saints turned their weak spot (defense) into a strength...while the Vikes' weak spot (offense) just got progressively worse.

Should I continue?

BUT the bottom line is that this is a NEW season...and this year WE get to surprise everyone!
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Then, they got lucky and Reggie Bush fell to them...meanwhile, we took Greenway, who was out for the year after getting hurt in preseason on a kickoff play.
    They also hired Sean Payton...and we hired Brad Childress. Then Payton took some unheralded but key players (Scott Fujita, Terrence Copper, others) from Dallas (where he was the OC) while Childress took some players (Billy McMullen, Mike McMahon...and gave Philly Hank Baskett) from Philly (where he was the OC).
    Then the Saints turned their weak spot (defense) into a strength...while the Vikes' weak spot (offense) just got progressively worse.

Should I continue?

BUT the bottom line is that this is a NEW season...and this year WE get to surprise everyone!
    ;D
    I haven't seen such a good post from Cajun in a while! Its ok though, this one rocks.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Should I continue?

;D
    It is pretty early to be drinking already Caj.
    Funny, I could have swore that last year we turned out weak spot from 2005 (defense) into one of the best in the league.
    Hmm.
    Must have been my imagination.

Also funny that you can commend Payton for picking up unheralded players, but blast Childress for doing the same.
    But whatever you do, don't mention Hutch or Chester Taylor.
    That would imply that Childress did something right.
    :

And the Saints got Bush last year, we got AP this year.
    Anyone else seeing the similarities?
    The only big difference I see is at QB...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=