Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Wondering about something somebody said to me today......

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I think the worst part was the pressure and criticism laid on Walker. The guy had no say in who he was traded for, and I know he got lambasted.

Same thing (to a much lesser degree) happened to Ricky Williams in New Orleans when Mike Ditka traded all of his draft picks to get him. While people were mad at Ditka, Ricky never got much of a fair shake, either. I'd start smoking pot, too.

(by the way, I keep suggesting you guys trade Moss for a similar deal, but no one ever listens to me. I suggest the same thing now for Ahman Green for us....get some stupid team to give us a couple first rounders and bonus picks for him. Moss could possibly get you many of those picks back.)
    I dont think thats a very good idea, RB's grow on trees compared to star WR like Moss. Even if we did get two first rounders for him, would they really make up for the most explosive and feared weapon in the league? It would really a have to be rediculous for us to give up moss.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

get rid of #84, are you crazy? doesnt moss still have more tds than half the leagues players? HE IS THE MOST dangerous player in the game. just look what defenses have to do to defend him. and that makes everyone around him better. not in a million years trade him. maybe when he is fifty!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Yup! All I remember is that I was really happy because I was like 8 and we were getting Hershel Walker the greatest football player!! How many years did he play with us, like 4? What a disaster.
    I don't think it was that long. It was like his second year with us when he was found in his garage with the car running. Something like that. He then quit shortly after. It wasn't very long. It seemed like 2 years max.

It was the draft picks that killed us.
    Yeah, I don't know how long, that was just a guess! 2 years is probably right because he never played for Denny Green did he. It was only Burnsie!!
    Burnsie...the idiot that believed in rotating all of his players to keep them fresh...including Herschel...if I was coaching the team that had given up all that for one guy (Herschel), I guarantee you that Herschel would have been on the field (in some capacity) for every play...he would have been running back kicks and punts, blocking field goals, bringing water to the other players during timeouts, and maybe even playing linebacker or cornerback on defense...the fact remains that this had to be not only the stupidest trade ever but also the worst use of a star player in the history of the NFL. To add insult to injury, after he leaves Minnesota, he goes back to Dallas and is productive for them...probably the most frustrating time of my sports fan life!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Moss has 8 Tds, only TO has more. Bettis I think has 8 rushing. I don't think anyone else has even 8. Moss has done it in virtually 4 and a half games! Best WR in football hands down! DO NOT TRADE HIM FOR ANYTHING!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123